www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Custom Recovery] iNew V3 CWM 6.0.4.4 Full Touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2014-01-20, 20:27)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]It is fairly simple. Copy recovery.img to your SD card, choose "Flash recovery from sd card" option in Mobile Uncle Tools, select the recovery and confirm the process. Voilla!

Hi. I've just rooted my V3 and I'm trying to install this CWM. I copied the recovery.img in the internal phone storage, but when I was using the the original recovery mode I wasn't able to see the recovery.img file at all.
Any idea why this is happening? Should I use SD card for that?
(2014-02-20, 06:24)cerrone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-20, 20:27)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]It is fairly simple. Copy recovery.img to your SD card, choose "Flash recovery from sd card" option in Mobile Uncle Tools, select the recovery and confirm the process. Voilla!

Hi. I've just rooted my V3 and I'm trying to install this CWM. I copied the recovery.img in the internal phone storage, but when I was using the the original recovery mode I wasn't able to see the recovery.img file at all.
Any idea why this is happening? Should I use SD card for that?

You don't flash CWM recovery.img from within original recovery! You must install Mobile Uncle Tools app and flash with it. It shouldn't matter where you put your CWM recovery.img, as long as Mobile Uncle Tools can find it.
(2014-02-20, 10:16)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]You don't flash CWM recovery.img from within original recovery! You must install Mobile Uncle Tools app and flash with it. It shouldn't matter where you put your CWM recovery.img, as long as Mobile Uncle Tools can find it.
I've installed Mobleuncle Tools. Done. Thanks a lot!
Now I have to manage what original ROM do I have - I suppose it is 1.0.1 judging by the build number. Right?
(2014-02-20, 13:29)cerrone Wrote: [ -> ]Now I have to manage what original ROM do I have - I suppose it is 1.0.1 judging by the build number. Right?

Yes, you're correct. Most of our phones came with 1.0.1, and just recently they are shipped with 1.0.4.
I'm really frustrated right now... This CWM is buggy.
When going to flash a zip, cannot see the zip file cause the screen list with the folders and files doesn't scroll, so have to try and guess where the file is to flash it, and when use wipe data it also formats the internal 13GB that is just used for personal files, why would it do that... is it cause of the 1.0.4?

And since this phone, at least for me, doesn't show the internal memory as a normal removable drive when connected to the computer, i have to connect using MTP which takes hours to copy back all my files into the phone's memory, which fortunately i have a backup in my pc...

Is there a normal old style CWM for the inew V3?
Yes it is buggy but you can flash in the same way.Put the zip on the first folders then you can see.
(2014-03-04, 21:59)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really frustrated right now... This CWM is buggy.
When going to flash a zip, cannot see the zip file cause the screen list with the folders and files doesn't scroll, so have to try and guess where the file is to flash it, and when use wipe data it also formats the internal 13GB that is just used for personal files, why would it do that... is it cause of the 1.0.4?

And since this phone, at least for me, doesn't show the internal memory as a normal removable drive when connected to the computer, i have to connect using MTP which takes hours to copy back all my files into the phone's memory, which fortunately i have a backup in my pc...

(2014-03-04, 21:59)Elusivo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]).
(2014-03-04, 21:59)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really frustrated right now... This CWM is buggy.

It's not a bug. Doh Swipe left-to-right to scroll 'down', and right-to-left to scroll 'up'.
(2014-03-04, 23:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug. Doh Swipe left-to-right to scroll 'down', and right-to-left to scroll 'up'.
Tks, that's more like it Smiling but what if i disable the touch interface?

What about the wipe data option also deleting the user content of the internal memory? I used many different cwm in the past and none deleted the user's documents, it should only delete data regarding the rom...
Is it because of the 1.0.4 version rom? I remember reading that it joins the partitions or whatever it is, i don't understand what it means...
But anyway, when choosing wipe data, it says formatting sdext (isn't that the 13GB partition where we keep our documents, pics, movies, etc?), should it be formatting that?
(2014-03-05, 19:16)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]What about the wipe data option also deleting the user content of the internal memory? I used many different cwm in the past and none deleted the user's documents, it should only delete data regarding the rom... Is it because of the 1.0.4 version rom? I remember reading that it joins the partitions or whatever it is, i don't understand what it means...

That might just be it. Since /data partition and phone storage partition are unified into one partition (on your firmware version), wiping data (and that doesn't mean rom data like you said, rather it's the whole data partition) will wipe phone storage too, because CWM wiping algorithm is obviously not smart enough to distinguish your data apart from the rest of the data. A good lesson for the next time. And for me too...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7