www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Custom Recovery] iNew V3 CWM 6.0.4.4 Full Touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2014-04-01, 00:34)juanrra242 Wrote: [ -> ]Changes are made already.
You can safelly unistall it.
That's what I thought, thanks a lot mate.

PS: for safety's sake, can I perform these two actions before restoring a backup?
1. wipe "cache/factory reset"
2. wipe "cache partition"
You have changed just the recovery.img
So ,if everithing is ok for you , you should do a complete backup from the CWM you have installed .To do it just reboot your phone and enter CWM ,and make a backup in your external sdcard (maybe you have to selcet it in advanced options).
(2014-04-01, 00:57)juanrra242 Wrote: [ -> ]You have changed just the recovery.img
So ,if everithing is ok for you , you should do a complete backup from the CWM you have installed .To do it just reboot your phone and enter CWM ,and make a backup in your external sdcard (maybe you have to selcet it in advanced options).
Yes, I'm pretty aware of what I've done and the backup process should be all right as well.
My question was related to the restore operation, is it safe to perform those 2 actions I mentioned above ?
(2014-03-30, 23:53)Elusivo Wrote: [ -> ]Simply do the backup on the advanced backup option, it will save in the external sdcard.

I'm trying to make a bakup to an external USB Flash Drive ( Fat32 ) using OTG but I'm having the same issue as den10 is:
Code:
"E : Can't mount /sdcard/.......".
So you cannot see "to external-sd" in backup options ...

Any advice on this please ?
I checked also the advanced menu...but i couldn't find any option For external SD...
Any suggestion? Probably we have to wait a full compatible recovery or it could be something related to mounting path correctly?
(2014-04-01, 05:56)den10 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably we have to wait a full compatible recovery or it could be something related to mounting path correctly?
It makes me wonder why not many users have referred to this problem. Could those who managed to get it working point us in the right direction (?)
I presume it would be for the benefit of everyone if we could have a CWM Recovery with Auto Mount External Storage ( sd-card or usb-device )
Problems like this are not so uncommon with CWM, i remember having such an issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note. there the microsd and the internal phone memory were switched and nothing really worked.
dont remember though how i solved that - its quite some time ago.
in the end i flashed another JB 4.2.2 ROM and never bothered again to change it. works well, so why change it ;)
if the CWM backup does not work, why do you not use MTK Tools to make a backup?
(2014-04-01, 14:16)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]... why do you not use MTK Tools to make a backup?
Because I'm not too keen on doing it that way. I just want to be able to make a backup using OTG to an external USB drive and subsequently flash ROMs from there.
(2014-04-01, 14:16)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]works well, so why change it ;)
yeah i agree, for this reason i stay on my rom: right now it works perfectly...also battery life is good enough

(2014-04-01, 14:16)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]if the CWM backup does not work, why do you not use MTK Tools to make a backup?
i've already used it and made a backup...but CWM is more practical for a full backup i can restore directly from the phone

just that
I had on my iNew v3 FW 1.0.5 on it and was quite happy, the phone was rooted and CWM 6.0.4.4. full touch.
I made a nandroid backup with CWM and then i tried the MIUI from this forum and got stuck on the INew logo.
I tried several reboots, always the same.
Fine, i had a backup, so i restored , but does not work!
CWM comes up with checksum missing, but it does not create a cheksum whilst doing a backup.
I made my own checksum, CWM replied with checksum missmatch.
I used Lewa's v1.0.4 update zip, and my phone is working again.

FerdinandCrying
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7