www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need help PAC-man ROM want source code inew v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey guys i spoke to pac-man rom they never heard ov the inew phone but do want to help they person asked me "We'll need the source code for the phone"
so if any of u guys can sort me out or know how i can get hold ov them so i can email them it would benifit all ov us Thumbs Up i hope fingers crossed !!!!!!!
It would be amazing to have a PAC / Cyanogenmod rom for our phone, but we would have to e-mail Inew company directly and ask for their source code. And I'm afraid they won't release it either way, it's an extra work for them.
We would need to gather more people and spam them every day. :-D
(2014-02-03, 17:36)Eliwood Wrote: [ -> ]It would be amazing to have a PAC / Cyanogenmod rom for our phone, but we would have to e-mail Inew company directly and ask for their source code. And I'm afraid they won't release it either way, it's an extra work for them.
We would need to gather more people and spam them every day. :-D

ur joking damnnn thats shit super shit coz the person i was talking to really wanted to help ....no other way ov getting the code ????
Ιt is more possible to found on the road 500000 euros than mtk and a chinese company to publish source code of any mtk phone
(2014-02-04, 00:11)chris_koz Wrote: [ -> ]Ιt is more possible to found on the road 500000 euros than mtk and a chinese company to publish source code of any mtk phone

Well said. Big Grin

I just wonder - why is it like that? Shouldn't they try to get as many customers they can? Because Mediatek / Chinese phones are...well...a second league? To be honest - it is a relly big deal for me and I wouldn't buy another mediatek phone if they won't be supported by Cyanogenmod / MIUI / ... soon.
Well, making a smartphone is not all about hardware. Indeed, Android is a software component, but iNew didn't downloaded a zip file, copied it into a phone memory and call it a day. There's also their proprietary software, like drivers, kernel, system apps specific to V3, and all kinds of other helper apps. It's like wanting from a developer to give you the source code together with compiled binaries (like EXE, APK, IPA), such as games and other applications. Indeed, all open sources work like that, and some freewares too, but 95% of software is closed source, because developers don't won't others to steal their code, adapt it to their needs, resell it, or use it for other malicious activities, after all research and development they invested in it. There is also a process called reverse engineering, and apps that can decompile binaries into original source code (although not perfect), but we all know that's illegal, so we shouldn't talk about that on this forum. So, all mentioned is a good reason for some company not to hand out their source code just like that. I'm a software developer too, and if you ask me, I also wouldn't give my source code that easily, especialy after years of coding it. Ofcourse, if the price is right, both parties can agree on selling all licences, patents and copyrights, but iNew will never do that. So yeah, better go for a half mill of euros...
(2014-02-04, 07:33)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]Ofcourse, if the price is right, both parties can agree on selling all licences, patents and copyrights, but iNew will never do that. So yeah, better go for a half mill of euros...
Do you say that for other phones the devs pay samsung,htc,sony etc to give their code and be able to make other roms? And what they have to earn from this? Some donations??? Can you explain better this? Because i think that companies outside from china in order to be able to sell a phone they obliged to give kernel sources because the kernel is licensed under gpl license because it is based on linux os.
And for about years of development...Who does that? inew and every inew in china? ok mtk does development but if we judge from the common silly bugs that all mtk have,easily we understand that the chinese "manufacturers" do zero development
No, I don't know that. I'm not sure how they get the source code, and frankly speaking, I never made a rom myself, so can't speak about that, and all what is needed to make one, or port one to another smartphone. Maybe they have some other techniques and know-how? I just say I wouldn't give away my source code for free, unless it is something worth few bucks. And I really doubt these big brands do it either, they sell smartphones as a whole, and not their software components. AFAIK. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
(2014-02-04, 00:00)faz844 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(remove MONKEY from the link Smiling)
Even without the monkey the link it doesn't work.
Pages: 1 2 3