www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] 4.2.1 Not smooth. Downgrading to 4.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After 3 repeated experiences with 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmwares, i was going back to the Wind 4.1 ROM.

Why?

Every 4.2 ROM i tested, was not run smoothly like 4.1 Wind ROM!
But thats what everybody wants ... run smoothly!
Whether homescreen and app drawer scrolling, typing messages or in tapatalk, look through the gallery ... every 4.2 ROM runs not smoothly like 4.1 Wind or Stock Zopo 4.1 Firmware! I used same apps and configurations like before in 4.1 ROM!
Especially tapatalk you can not write fluently!
I think the 4.2 stock firmware, build on all custom roms, is still not programmed clean ...
I renounce rather on a few new features in 4.2, due to a fast and smooth system Smiling
Hope there will soon be an improved firmware, and in addition some custom firmware.

These are my impressions of new 4.2 firmware, ... i`m happy with the "old" 4.1 Wind ROM ;)

How your experiences are compared to firmware 4.1?
I haven't been on 4.1.2 in a long time, so it's difficult to gauge the difference, but I definitely notice some hiccups with this version of 4.2.1. The 4.2.1 from Jaynes was smoother than the 4.2.1 official release.

Though the Wind 4.2.1 is a custom ROM, it's more or less just interface changes and a couple app add-ons. The actual underlying ROM is an official release from Zopo / Mlais. I've also tried the official download from Zopo and the result was the same.

Attention to detail is not one of China's strong suits. Looking through the forums, there is no mention at all of any issues with smoothness. It's the exact same ROM with the same phones, but nobody has said anything, so I doubt anything will be done about it.

What's strange is that the Antutu scores are the same, so the CPU / GPU / read / write are all operating normally. It's something to do with how they've adapted the interface.

The MX86 hasn't seen an official 4.2.1 release yet, so I hold some hope that they'll step up the game and hopefully we'll be able to use that ROM without a hitch.

Also, the MX58 / ZP980 is being released next week. This could be a great thing for us 7500+ / ZP810 owners if the ROM is easily portable, or a very bad thing for us regarding official support if the ROMs aren't easily portable because focus will be changing over to the new model.
weird... i notice none of this issues... it runs even better than 4.1 for me.
(2013-04-14, 04:27)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]weird... i notice none of this issues... it runs even better than 4.1 for me.

...Hmmm... It's generally quite smooth, but occasional hiccups. The keyboard occasionally lagging slightly. The app drawer and home screen not always 100% smooth. Sometimes website expanding and shrinking is noticeably choppy. Though I don't notice any gallery choppiness as Chris mentioned.

I'm not sure about Chris, but for me they're subtle. I can't tell the exact difference because haven't been on 4.1.2 for a long time.
Everyone is using other apps and launcher. i`m using APEX and Thumb Keyboard for example, and it runs not smoothly. This effect occurred in all three 4.2 firmwares. I do not think I'm the only one with this problem?! I've read more positive feedback from the 4.1 as of the 4.2, so far.
i restored all 15 minutes a backup from 4.1 and 4.2 alternately to compare. I had several times the direct comparison ...

For example, still somebody here who is using tapatalk with custom keyboard? Scrolling through the forum and typing a message runs smoothly?

"It's generally quite smooth, but occasional hiccups. The keyboard occasionally lagging slightly. The app drawer and home screen not always 100% smooth." ...

That is what i mean, more often. And with 4.1 runs much better.
(2013-04-14, 03:59)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been on 4.1.2 in a long time, so it's difficult to gauge the difference, but I definitely notice some hiccups with this version of 4.2.1. The 4.2.1 from Jaynes was smoother than the 4.2.1 official release.

which one is from Jaynes? I want to give it a try.
(2013-04-14, 18:04)mke2fs Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
There is now new information coming in that many Chinese are also experiencing the same issues of lack of smoothness. Perhaps their attention to detail is better than I thought.

Their solution is to put a custom launcher for the time being. It HELPS, but certainly doesn't solve the issue.
(2013-04-14, 20:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]There is now new information coming in that many Chinese are also experiencing the same issues of lack of smoothness. Perhaps their attention to detail is better than I thought.

Their solution is to put a custom launcher for the time being. It HELPS, but certainly doesn't solve the issue.

I am using ADW Launcher Ex at the moment. But still, I experienced lagging sometimes.
(2013-04-15, 20:55)mke2fs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 20:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]There is now new information coming in that many Chinese are also experiencing the same issues of lack of smoothness. Perhaps their attention to detail is better than I thought.

I am using ADW Launcher Ex at the moment. But still, I experienced lagging sometimes.

Yea, I like ADW too. I've tried Apex, Nova, ADW... They are better than stock, but something isn't quite right. It's almost as if they left a huge chunk out of whatever it is that makes Android interface smooth.

That being said, I didn't notice a big difference between 4.1.2 and 4.2.1. Though I didn't notice the Keyboard lag in 4.1.2 like I do in 4.2.1.

My hope is they get it right with 950+ and it's easily portable.
Pages: 1 2 3