www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: first smart phone ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2014-03-08, 16:08)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]if you are out for a cheap phone maybe the timmy is a good choice, but i would strongly disagree that it is in any way comparable to the inew for example.
for around 70 USD more you get:
quad core instead of dual core (big difference, new CPU generation actually performs well)
a decent 13MP F2.2 camera instead of 5MP with probably F2.8 and a crappy lens
a good screen with gorilla glas (720p IPS instead of 854x480 with probably plastic cover LCD)
1GB Ram instead of 512MB (and believe me that makes a world of a difference)
12.5GB of Storage instead of 2.3GB - no need for a microSD card
also the Timmy does not support OTG and NFC (if that is important, otherwise disregard)

coffegirl wanted a quad core phone,
maybe a cheaper alternative would be the Landvo L800 - specs wise comparable to the timmy but with the newer mtk6582 quad core.
also check the w450, its a decent quality quad core phone for cheap.

as coffegirl mentioned she wants to use the camera a lot, and i do not think she will be happy with the cheaper alternatives.

100% agree on all points. Especially regarding RAM. There's no way to excuse going with a 512MB phone in 2014, unless it's for an adolescent. The benefits of 1GB are easily worth an extra $50 or more in frustration saved by having the extra RAM. Whatever you do Coffeegirl, make sure the phone you choose has at least 1GB RAM.

IMO, the best choices mentioned so far are

iOcean X7 HD (720p,OTG, 900MHz could be of benefit depending on provider)
iNew v3 (720p great screen,NFC, OTG)
W450 (Good bargain phone)

THL W100S is worth taking a look at as well
In my opinion, prefer the THL T5s

(W450 is of awfull quality, and most of them have problems in less than a month of use)
(2014-03-08, 16:44)gerstavros Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, prefer the THL T5s

Another great suggestion for a budget phone.
and also, the w450 is available in pink.... Big Grin

if you also compare the prices with the specs you will see that while the THL T5s is a good brand phone it costs about 50USD more than the w450 with the benefit of an QHD IPS screen.
same price range also gets you a Zopo zp780 which i think would be a nice phone for a girl.
If you are totally honest, if you want a really good phone that can compete with know brands middle line you have to spend around 200 USD.
that is another reason why i think the inew v3 is a best buy
Love the look of the inew v3 but can anyone tell me how the battery stands up it looks awful spec of battery for the phone
The specs of the battery are fine. Just a little small. The main issue is the phone having some troubles charging it full. If charging the battery through external charge * Which is better anyways - you will get more than 5 on screen hours. If some reason you need more than 5, have extra battery give another 5. That 10 hour a day on screen. If charge normal like with phone, that give 3 hour on screen. Still enough for most normal people to get through a day.
After reading what you need, there is quite a few phones that will work for you well.

neken N6 - Quad core 1.5 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 16 gig ROM (+32 gig slot for more memory), 13 Mega Pix Camera, 1080p screen. 5' phone

iOcean X7 HD - Quad Core 1.3 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 4 gig ROM (+16 gig slot for more memory), 8 Mega Pix Camera, 720p screen, 5' phone

iNew v3 - Quad Core 1.3 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 16 gig ROM (+32 gig slot for more memory), 13 Mega Pix Camera, 720p screen, 5' phone

W450 - Quad Core 1.3 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 4 gig ROM (+32 gig slot for more memory), 8 Mega Pix Camera, 480p screen, 4.5' phone

THL w100 - Quad Core 1.2 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 4 gig ROM (+32 gig slot), 8 Mega pix Camera, 540 screen, 4.5' phone

THL T5 - Dual Core 1.2 GHz, 512 meg RAM, 4gig ROM (+16 gig slot), 5 Mega pix Camera, 540 screen, 4.7' phone

These are all excellent phone, should have no issues with any of them, but out of that list the Neken N6 and Inew v3 are your best bet for the money your willing to spend.

----------------------------------------

And if your willing to spend just a bit more, and get a GIANT PHONE (they are big in the hand) with all the bells and whistles in the £150.00 range, then I would recommend the

inew i6000 - Quad Core 1.5 GHz, 1 gig RAM, 16 gig ROM (+32 gig slot), 13 Mega Pix Camera, 1080p screen, 6.5' phone
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inew-I6000-MTK...ile_Phones&hash=item2eceabf74f

OR

inew i6000 - Quad Core 1.5 Ghz, 2 gig RAM, 32 gig ROM, (+32 gig slot) 13 Mega Pix Camera, 1080p screen, 6.5' phone
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inew-I6000-MTK...ile_Phones&hash=item338b24a0e2

The inew i6000+ is an 8 Core 1.7 GHz phone in the £200.00 range.

I like the inew phones because of ease of customization (I can swap out the OS easily to my personal preferences)

---------------------------------

So out of all of these, if your wanting good quality pictures, get a 13 Mega Pix phone with a 1080 screen, they will all work properly in your area.

---------------------------------

Also Note, if your going to use this phone alot, get a second battery and a quick charger (there easy to find under £5 for em),, all these will last from 4 to 6 hours screen time (having the screen on all the time).
What about this what everyone think
http://www.1949deal.com/star-note3-n3-mt...ite-1.html
(2014-03-08, 16:54)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]and also, the w450 is available in pink.... Big Grin

if you also compare the prices with the specs you will see that while the THL T5s is a good brand phone it costs about 50USD more than the w450 with the benefit of an QHD IPS screen.
same price range also gets you a Zopo zp780 which i think would be a nice phone for a girl.
If you are totally honest, if you want a really good phone that can compete with know brands middle line you have to spend around 200 USD.
that is another reason why i think the inew v3 is a best buy
Let's be honest, W450 is a very bad phone, most pieces have problems, with digitizer, with charging, or they suddenly die (in a greek forum, almost 8/10 pieces of W450 that were bought, got problem). It's of very low reliability.
THL phones are ways better in quality and reliability. Better than Zopo and Inew too.
Of course you can compare the two. [Snip: Rude comment removed. Be kind to your fellow CPA members]

For the average user the difference between the two is not that great. They both are fairly quick. Dual core vs quad but 90 - 99 % of the time you are not going to tell the difference. The pictures from the Timmy are great. The pictures from the iNnew are great.

Do most people know or even care about 13 Mpixel vs 5? Not on your life. A 5 Mpixel picture is excellent from a phone and they look awesome. And less than half the size of the iNew pictures. On Facebook they all look the same.

You are comparing the two from a techie point of view. Don't. Compare the two from an average user's point of view.

At less than half the price it is a great phone. One I highly recommend.

(2014-03-08, 16:08)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]if you are out for a cheap phone maybe the timmy is a good choice, but i would strongly disagree that it is in any way comparable to the inew for example.
for around 70 USD more you get:
quad core instead of dual core (big difference, new CPU generation actually performs well)
a decent 13MP F2.2 camera instead of 5MP with probably F2.8 and a crappy lens
a good screen with gorilla glas (720p IPS instead of 854x480 with probably plastic cover LCD)
1GB Ram instead of 512MB (and believe me that makes a world of a difference)
12.5GB of Storage instead of 2.3GB - no need for a microSD card
also the Timmy does not support OTG and NFC (if that is important, otherwise disregard)

coffegirl wanted a quad core phone,
maybe a cheaper alternative would be the Landvo L800 - specs wise comparable to the timmy but with the newer mtk6582 quad core.
also check the w450, its a decent quality quad core phone for cheap.

as coffegirl mentioned she wants to use the camera a lot, and i do not think she will be happy with the cheaper alternatives.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6