www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: first smart phone ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
dont want to spoil your fun but this is Number 1 N3? then its not a good buy.
read many negative posts on this on a german forum. generally Number 1 phones should be avoided.
bad quality and many issues. fake specs also.
(2014-03-10, 02:13)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]dont want to spoil your fun but this is Number 1 N3? then its not a good buy.
read many negative posts on this on a german forum. generally Number 1 phones should be avoided.
bad quality and many issues. fake specs also.

Sad

Any other Samsung Note 3 clone that I can have a look at?

I want the same look/build Smiling
This can be said of nearly any phone. Include the Samsung Note 3 or iPhone 5s. Just google 'note 3 problems'.

The spec of the phone she link are fake? what fake?
Linrj,

Number 1 phones are on par with Star and Hero and the like. That is to say, they're fine. Not at the top of the bunch in terms of brand comparison, that I'll agree with, but Sniper47 speaks correctly when saying you can find a bunch of complaints about any model phone. Whether it be a China brand or a name brand such as Samsung or iPhone. I've played with the No. 1 N3 (not the N3+), and it seemed fine to me. All standard functions worked normally.

As to the specs being fake, it's very unlikely with this phone that the specs are fake. If you have something specific you know about the N3+ phone that Coffeegirl linked to in regards to incorrect specs, please let me know so I can inform them.

Coffeegirl,

Probably the best Note 3 clone available right now is the Mlais MX69 Pro, but it's substantially more expensive (+$100).
not for this, these specs seem ok. (but i dont really know) i only seriously doubt the battery capacity. may say 3200 but will probably be 2000 or 2400 max)
but check eg. Number 1 S6 (Galaxy S4 clone)
Android 4.3.1 (yeah right), 3GB Ram (yeah right)
lots of ppl complaining that phone gets stuck (as in freeze) and need to pull battery at least once per day.
GPS never works, camera complete crap. and the list goes on.
there are better phones out there for good price, no need to get one with headache issues.
Generally i would suggest you avoid anything that looks and advertises like a clone - most (but not all) have bad quality and multiple issues.
I have to generally agree in regards to clones. They attract a lot of crap manufacturers. But there are some good clones out there. Mlais releases good phones and the Mlais MX69 Pro is quite good. But it's also a $300 phone. If going with any China phone, it's better to go with a 'popular' China brand... Clone or not.

We have some threads about the S6 here. At least some batches definitely had some faked hardware. It could have been the work of a single distributor though. Also, shops and distributers may slap whatever OEM brand name they want on it. In other words, the No.1 S6, may have never even been a No.1 release. I'm just speaking about possibilities - Imagine you are a China guy wanting to make a quick buck. Here's a decent looking, but cheaply built phone. Buy 10,000 of them from the factory. Brand it as Star or Hero or No.1 and spoof the specs and release it cheap ($10 more than you paid for it) to a bunch of shops. Likely, not making the shops aware as well. I'm not saying this happened with the S6. Just offering some alternative possibilities Hands

Don't let one model (or possibly one fake batch) ruin an entire brand. I'm not saying No.1 is great, but they've released some decent phones.
i agree. but since coffegirl wants to buy her FIRST ever smartphone, do you not agree it would be better for her to buy a well know china brand with less problems. like this she can enjoy a quality phone and grow into the subject. then she can experiment later with the not so good and less known brands.
Generally speaking I'd have to agree.

I think if Coffeegirl buys the N3+, she'll likely fine. I also think if she buys a better known brand she'll be fine.

I recently had the opportunity to extensively test the ZP980+, it was probably one of the buggiest, most frustrating phones I've used in a long while. I'd take my old OEM H7500+ over the ZP980+ any day of the week.

In terms of reliability of brand, another phone to consider is the Huawei 3C. This one is the 'low-version' (1GB/4GB).

http://androidcarts.com/huawei-honor-3c-...p-877.html

If she wants an N3 clone, I don't think the N3+ she linked to is a bad purchase. Can I absolutely say that it'll be awesome and excellent and have no problems? No.
(2014-03-10, 02:58)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]not for this, these specs seem ok. (but i dont really know) i only seriously doubt the battery capacity. may say 3200 but will probably be 2000 or 2400 max)
but check eg. Number 1 S6 (Galaxy S4 clone)
Android 4.3.1 (yeah right), 3GB Ram (yeah right)
lots of ppl complaining that phone gets stuck (as in freeze) and need to pull battery at least once per day.
GPS never works, camera complete crap. and the list goes on.
there are better phones out there for good price, no need to get one with headache issues.
Generally i would suggest you avoid anything that looks and advertises like a clone - most (but not all) have bad quality and multiple issues.

I'm not too worried about the battery life since I won't be using it extensively.

If I do need to use it extensively, I will usually have my charger with me. What I would like is a day's battery life without using the phone at all - possibly the camera for a few pictures of videos!

(2014-03-10, 03:42)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]i agree. but since coffegirl wants to buy her FIRST ever smartphone, do you not agree it would be better for her to buy a well know china brand with less problems. like this she can enjoy a quality phone and grow into the subject. then she can experiment later with the not so good and less known brands.

Hi

It will be my first one.

However I am using a touch phone at the moment, the old nokia xpress music 5800 ( not sure whether that classifies as a smart phone or not )
Hi guys,

Still pondering Smiling

Is this...
http://www.chinabuye.com/n3-octa-core-3g...s-otg-pink

different to this...

http://www.1949deal.com/star-note3-n3-mt...black.html

So are they two completely different companies?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6