www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Porting ROM's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Youre great vampirefo, I will try this...

Do you have any knowledge of how to correct issues in the ported rom like, fixing dualsim suppot and 3G active sim Card switch?
I can see in other MIUI V5 ROM's, these are issues like these being solved, but not yet in the one for my phone... - annoying, because i think it might solve my problem...
(2014-04-29, 01:07)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]Youre great vampirefo, I will try this...

Do you have any knowledge of how to correct issues in the ported rom like, fixing dualsim suppot and 3G active sim Card switch?
I can see in other MIUI V5 ROM's, these are issues like these being solved, but not yet in the one for my phone... - annoying, because i think it might solve my problem...

I know nothing about that rom, I am currently porting DarkRom for my device. Nvram.bin and firmware need to match, plus correct frequency for 3G to work correctly, my phone doesn't allow correct frequency for AT&T in USA, so I only have 2G, to get 3G I need a nvram.bin that works on my phone that has correct frequency, that will work with my firmware.
Ok, nvram.bin and firmware, I will try and work on with that...
I think I'm getting closer to problem now. It seems that 3G/UMTS is not supported in simslot2, I think it's a rom issue... I would love know how to solve this, maybe by porting something, I dont know how to control this hardware/software issue, do you?
I will try a microsim in slot1 and see later on...
(2014-04-29, 13:55)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'm getting closer to problem now. It seems that 3G/UMTS is not supported in simslot2, I think it's a rom issue... I would love know how to solve this, maybe by porting something, I dont know how to control this hardware/software issue, do you?

No luck in microsim, same issue... No matter what I do, I cannot get to choose connection type. I can only run in 2G mode, in other custom rom's i can run in 3g mode just fine and choose my own carrier???
The ported rom must be missing something regarding baseband, I have tried different modems etc.. - so what could be missing here...???Puppy Eyes
(2014-04-29, 21:00)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 13:55)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'm getting closer to problem now. It seems that 3G/UMTS is not supported in simslot2, I think it's a rom issue... I would love know how to solve this, maybe by porting something, I dont know how to control this hardware/software issue, do you?

No luck in microsim, same issue... No matter what I do, I cannot get to choose connection type. I can only run in 2G mode, in other custom rom's i can run in 3g mode just fine and choose my own carrier???
The ported rom must be missing something regarding baseband, I have tried different modems etc.. - so what could be missing here...???Puppy Eyes

If something is missing from rom, you may need to ask the rom author, as I don't know anything about that rom, I don't have any ldea what may have been left out of it, or if a setting needs to be checked in your rom.
Ok, but the author is not answering, so I brought up the ROM issue here where answers comes up pretty fast... :0)
(2014-04-30, 00:08)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but the author is not answering, so I brought up the ROM issue here where answers comes up pretty fast... :0)

LOL, I am know downloading MIUI V5 ported to Star W450, to see if I can port it to my C30.
(2014-04-30, 00:16)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-30, 00:08)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but the author is not answering, so I brought up the ROM issue here where answers comes up pretty fast... :0)

LOL, I am know downloading MIUI V5 ported to Star W450, to see if I can port it to my C30.

Well, I finally got MIUI V5 ported over to DK C30, Now I have 3 roms, Stock, MIUI V5, DarkMoon.
vampirefo

regarding your post number 20
Quote:mount -o remount,rw / system

I may be wrong but me thinks you have a space before system?

it should read
Code:
mount -o remount,rw  /system

I have also seen it as
Code:
adb shell remount rw

The OP might like to check that the remount is successful?
In a new terminal window/tab
Code:
adb shell
mount | /system/xbin/grep /system

---dropping /system/xbin fails for me

then OP does his stuff and closes rw status with
Code:
mount -o remount,ro  /system

your thoughts sir?

cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4