www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 hard brick solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all
I saw that all MTK based phones can be unbricked from hard brick by short circuiting a test spot on the motherboard while flashing using SP flashtools. Is this true?? Where is this spot on the iNew V3? (See attached image of motherboard) I recently bricked my inew v3 while flashing and my laptop went off in the middle. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Did you try again with the SP Flash tools?
I don't think that you can hard brick a phone softwarely.
Nikstar may be right. What happens when you plug it to PC. Do you get any sound at from PC?
(2014-05-17, 01:53)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]Nikstar may be right. What happens when you plug it to PC. Do you get any sound at from PC?

Thanks for the reply. When I plug it in to the PC, it plays a sound. On device manager, it shows a port for MTK but the ADB interface is not showing When i try to flash it, it shows a PMT error, saying the device did not respond. The phone does not boot to recovery or system. It all started when I was flashing and it soft bricked and i used the format + download option on SP. Then my laptop hang and i unplugged it out of frustration. Then it died. Worth mentioning the reason I was trying to flash it is because it had lost touch sense and was saying that the internal sd card had been damaged. It was on 1.0.3.
when the phone is on, then u should see adb in computer, when phone is off, , u see the mtk device for 1 or 2 sec only in the device manager(computer)
(2014-05-17, 14:49)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]when the phone is on, then u should see adb in computer, when phone is off, , u see the mtk device for 1 or 2 sec only in the device manager(computer)

The phone will not turn on... It does not even turn on the LED even when plugged to the socket.
so, u have to flash the rom tru SP flash tool.

download a flash rom from thw web for yr phone.
then try to reflash it again.

if u have problem with it again. then unistall all the driver for MTK65xx, and reinstall the driver.
at the moment, yr phone conncet to computer, u hear a sound, that means u are quite ok to recover the phone, as long as u install the mtk driver correctly and the rom is for phone
(2014-05-17, 15:09)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]so, u have to flash the rom tru SP flash tool.

download a flash rom from thw web for yr phone.
then try to reflash it again.

if u have problem with it again. then unistall all the driver for MTK65xx, and reinstall the driver.
at the moment, yr phone conncet to computer, u hear a sound, that means u are quite ok to recover the phone, as long as u install the mtk driver correctly and the rom is for phone

It worked when i flashed with the stock ROM. However the touchscreen spoilt. It was the reason I tried to flash it in the first place as I thought it had a software problem. I think this particular phone has a very weak build in terms of its screen since I have seen alot of people complain abCryingout it. Now I have to ship new screen. NKT
i think have same problem any help? seems phone is always on vcom and not go out this option for boot system
because can always flash rom
(2014-05-24, 00:05)helmax Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2 3