www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: S7589 error display after replacing a new LCD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I have a problem with my s7589, after replacing the LCD I have a problem with displaying the image and I do not know if this is a driver problem or rom problem,phone lying year in the closet so it may be due to old driver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

what was the original issue that required you to change the lcd?
it could be a hardware problem. double check and make sure there are no loose connections.
I broke the screen and digitizer , I have 2 s7589 & s7599 and on one and the other is the same problem
(2014-07-19, 16:23)Egooo Wrote: [ -> ]I broke the screen and digitizer , I have 2 s7589 & s7599 and on one and the other is the same problem

Correct me if I have it wrong:

S7589 unit: orginal LCD was broken
S7599 unit: original LCD is still functional?

You got a replacement LCD, tried installing it on both phones and get the same pink screen. Is this right?

Are their LCDs supposedly interchangeable?
The photos are too small to see, but are the markings exactly the same?
Both have the same problem except this phone has boote loop, because me wondering upload MIUI v5 but never mind, the symptoms are the same for s7589 and s7599 and the description on the LCD is completely different but it might be related to the introduction of newer LCD factory , a friend had a similar issue and the problem was caused by GPU drivers
(2014-07-19, 21:26)Egooo Wrote: [ -> ]Both have the same problem except this phone has boote loop, because me wondering upload MIUI v5 but never mind, the symptoms are the same for s7589 and s7599 and the description on the LCD is completely different but it might be related to the introduction of newer LCD factory , a friend had a similar issue and the problem was caused by GPU drivers

Forgive me, but I cannot figure out how many LCDs you are testing.
I have a few questions so we have a clearer picture of the setup.

1. Did you just take the LCD from the s7599 and install it in the s7589?

2. Was the LCD of the s7599 previously working? Or were both original LCDs broken?

3. Did you purchase a replacement LCD specifically for the s7589?
I have 2 phones s7589 & s7599 both have damaged the screen and the new does not work in any, I do not know where the problem lies provider claims to have sent the appropriate screen at the back but the numbers are completely different as in the original
Okay I understand.
You were correct to worry about it being an older phone. The main concern is if there are hardware changes in the newer version of the phone.

If the pin outs of the new LCD is different from the pin outs of the original, that could be a problem. If there are power lines being connected to data lines, it could damage the new lcd you have.

On the other hand if only the data lines were re-mapped then you are correct to assume you need a new firmware.

Could you put down the labels/markings of the LCDs so we could try to research on them?

If you boot into recovery, does the problem still exist?
Pages: 1 2 3