www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: No.1 P7 rooting and MAC fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi folks,

I've tried to root the No.1 P7 phablet recently with the tools available on XDA developers (see MTK6589 rooting thread), but it doesn't appear to root this particular phablet. I was successful in rooting the HDC Galaxy SIV N9500 with those tools, but the No.1 P7 doesn't like the same tools (I verified adb was talking correctly).

Has anybody encountered the No.1 P7 phablet? Any luck with rooting it?

Also I noticed that it only has WCDMA 2100 Mhz. Does the MTK 6589 chipset also include radio configuration (ie. does it have the 850Mhz WCDMA spectrum built in, just disabled in software or modem?)

Thanks
(2013-05-25, 05:18)eddiey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

I've tried to root the No.1 P7 phablet recently with the tools available on XDA developers (see MTK6589 rooting thread), but it doesn't appear to root this particular phablet. I was successful in rooting the HDC Galaxy SIV N9500 with those tools, but the No.1 P7 doesn't like the same tools (I verified adb was talking correctly).

Also I noticed that it only has WCDMA 2100 Mhz. Does the MTK 6589 chipset also include radio configuration (ie. does it have the 850Mhz WCDMA spectrum built in, just disabled in software or modem?)

Thanks

I tried, as well, rooting No.1 P7 with MTK6589 rooting tools. Didn't work Sad
Seem like there is no way to root this device yet.
(2013-05-25, 05:35)yoqueco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-25, 05:18)eddiey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

Thanks

I tried, as well, rooting No.1 P7 with MTK6589 rooting tools. Didn't work Sad
Seem like there is no way to root this device yet.

Did you try Graphical Easy Root? If you do, please let us know your results.

The chipset has the capability for all standard frequencies, but the radio is not part of the chipset. eg, there's no way to just 'enable' it. The manufacturer needs to include the proper radios as well.

How about a quick review and some pictures from the No.1 P7's camera? Thumbs Up
BTW. I tried installing several usual apps: Firefox, Chrome, Opera browsers, Facebook, Gmail..., on NO.1 P7 Mini Pad. Always same message from Play Store: "your device is not compatible with this app".
Does anyone know why NO.1 P7 does not admit installing those normal apps?
(2013-05-26, 01:51)yoqueco Wrote: [ -> ]BTW. I tried installing several usual apps: Firefox, Chrome, Opera browsers, Facebook, Gmail..., on NO.1 P7 Mini Pad. Always same message from Play Store: "your device is not compatible with this app".
Does anyone know why NO.1 P7 does not admit installing those normal apps?

I had the same problem installing the software. I think it's the device ID (Play store doesn't recognize it), hence my reasoning for rooting it. I don't have correct member access either to try the other rooting tools. I was going to substitute the N9500 as the device ID to see if that helps, but if anybody has a better device ID to try, let me know.
(2013-05-26, 01:06)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try Graphical Easy Root? If you do, please let us know your results.

No luck with the Graphical easy root either.... Looks like I will have to wait for updated versions of the root tools.. I see that I can pull the existing roms using droidtools, but how do I "root" after I can write a new flash in? How do you modify it to work?
(2013-05-26, 14:01)eddiey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-26, 01:06)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try Graphical Easy Root? If you do, please let us know your results.

No luck with the Graphical easy root either.... Looks like I will have to wait for updated versions of the root tools.. I see that I can pull the existing roms using droidtools, but how do I "root" after I can write a new flash in? How do you modify it to work?

You need to make your own CWM. See the Yulypis tutorial.
I've Installed All App from aptoide and work All. I try root and not working. I search other firmware, but i dont find nothin. I wait
Also could not root No.1 P7 phablet with the MTK6589 Rooting Tool.
Is there anyone who has created a root tool for the No.1 P7, based on the CWM method which is mentioned ? I don't know how I should do this.
In this forum. Diggins have the solution for root the p7, but is in rusian and not know sure how.

another forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5