www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Why am I out of memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone I've been having a problem with my phone and searching hasn't produced an answer yet so I decided to ask. Ok I have Note 3 clone that is suppose to be 32GB when I look in the phone's settings under storage it reads as follows.

Internal storage:
Total Space 32.00GB
Available 12.26 GB
Apps: 500MB
Cached data: 27.90MB

Phone Storage:
Total Space 32.00GB
Available 27.08GB
Apps 702MB
Pictures 306MB
Audio 29.41MB
Downloads 13.12MB
Cached data 134MB

The problem I'm having is that I can't install any apps it is telling me that I am out of memory, I don't understand why I am getting this error when I have 27.08GB available in Phone Storage can someone explain why this would be happening and if there is a fix for it? thank you.
Probably faked storage. It's unlikely a generic clone will have 32GB phone and 32GB internal, or 32GB combined for that matter.
Cause your apps are in data partition not storage, you either need to move apps to sdcard or make your data partition larger, or uninstall some apps.
This is not the problem. The internal and phone both report huge amounts of space free. The storage is likely faked as most specs are with generic clones.
(2014-10-01, 19:21)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]This is not the problem. The internal and phone both report huge amounts of space free. The storage is likely faked as most specs are with generic clones.

Makes no difference if specs are fake or not, apps are installed on data partition, I gave OP his options.
Being that the OP was wondering why Play was reporting no more space when the phone reports he has huge amounts of space left, it does make a difference. Whether you choose to believe... That's another story.
Ok guys thanks I'll working on moving my apps to and SD Card, I just hate to have to back up everything such as my contacts and emails before I do this. Because I was going to reset my device to factory and then try to move them.
(2014-10-01, 20:43)gmcclintock Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys thanks I'll working on moving my apps to and SD Card, I just hate to have to back up everything such as my contacts and emails before I do this. Because I was going to reset my device to factory and then try to move them.

There is also a thread on this forum about making your data partition larger by modify your ebr2 and ebr1.
I think there are two parts of phone like PC ,such as memory and hard disk,the memory goes for system and app, while the hard disk goes for data like image,music,message and so on.
When I plug the phone into my computer I see 2 drives one says "Phone Storage" (14GB - 13GB Free) the other is my SD Card 64GB. Is it safe to assume that this "Phone storage" is the drive that has all my apps, and so on? and also safe to say I do not have 32GB of anything?
Pages: 1 2 3