www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Review] THL 5000T review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Received the 5000t a few days ago and to be honest it performs exactly like the 4000. Basically it's just a larger version of the 4000 with a 720p screen and a faster processor. For me that speaks to how good the 4000 really is because I can't tell the difference in normal use. One thing that's annoying is the 5000t does not seem to support Quick Charging as claimed by THL. At least I can't to get it to work. It took over 3 hours to fully charge from 34%. Compared to my Zenfone 2 that's a lifetime. But once it's charged the battery life is off the charts. This is easily a 2-3 day phone and I'm very satisfied so far. More to come...............................
Is the battery removable?
(2015-06-28, 12:27)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Is the battery removable?

Battery is not removable.

On another note I took a long trip today and decided to navigate with the phone instead of the in car system. Using Here Maps offline with a full charge and gps only, it consumed only 30% for a five hour trip. That's very impressive considering gps is probably the biggest battery drainer for any smartphone.
(2015-06-29, 09:50)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]

On another note I took a long trip today and decided to navigate with the phone instead of the in car system. Using Here Maps offline with a full charge and gps only, it consumed only 30% for a five hour trip. That's very impressive considering gps is probably the biggest battery drainer for any smartphone.
You kept screen on during the whole trip?
(2015-06-29, 18:27)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 09:50)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]

You kept screen on during the whole trip?

Screen was on the entire trip at about 50%. I didn't even take that into account which makes it more impressive as I think about it. Just checked again and it actually consumed 34% or 6.7% per hour.
How did the title of this thread change to a full review? I'll keep updating it as I discover new things. Meanwhile here is the Gsam from today 27 hours later with the phone still on and only 3% consumed including messing around with it for a few minutes this evening. My son is using it now to watch YouTube and I'm not going to charge it overnight and use it for the entire 9 hour return trip tomorrow to see what's left at the end of the day.

I was torn between spending $165 on this older tech phone or going for one from the newer big battery manufacturers. I don't intend to bash any particular brand but over on XDA the Bluboo battery has been measured at 4973mah not 5350mah. Many complaints by users on XDA including no quick charge, poor gps, overheating, no 5ghz wifi, SD card not working properly. I bought the THL 5000T just because it's a THL, well built, no nonsense phone that does what it says on the tin. I'm not saying it's the best but advising folks to buy from more established and reputable manufacturers.
It's very difficult to measure a batteries capacity. The only way to do it is to present a constant drain until the battery is down to minimum operating voltage. It's not impossible, but take claims like this with a grain of salt.
(2015-06-30, 13:34)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]It's very difficult to measure a batteries capacity. The only way to do it is to present a constant drain until the battery is down to minimum operating voltage. It's not impossible, but take claims like this with a grain of salt.

You may be correct and I don't claim to be a guru on anything to do with Android. I can only send you to the forum that begins with a big X because I can't post the link here. What I do know, and having made many mistakes buying China phones over the years, is that there are some superb products that do exactly as they claim. I believe this type of forum helps those who are interested in buying some of the gems out there. Please feel free to contribute to everyone's knowledge.
10 hour trip done and here are the Gsam screenshots. I started out with 62% but forgot to kill all the background apps and tasks, so the drain was higher than it should have been. I charged it after 5 hours of constant use with 10% remaining giving a total of over 11 hours of screen on time with gps and mobile radio but no mobile data or wifi. This thing is a monster. I'd be interested to see another phone match these numbers.
This reads 12 hours onscreen time. That's from 100% down to 10%?
Pages: 1 2 3 4