www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Hard bricked mt6589..... plz help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-08-12, 18:42)guardr0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-12, 16:48)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]did u do the "prepare blocks for flash tool"

yes i did...successful and when flash using spflashtool, i failed

normally, u don't have so many file under the folder "!Files_to_FlashTool"

but as u mention earlier, i saw so many file in the folder, that is not the right file folder.

please double check the folder, n scatter the file under "!Files_to_FlashTool"

edit : when u do "prepare block for flash tool" , u do not scattered the file, also do not connect to yr phone

you have too many error when making "prepare blocks for flash tool" u should not get an error message when prepare block, something must have not right, check yr procedure again.
in the !Files_to_FlashTool folder, only got 4items... EBR1, MBR, system.img, and MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc....i tried to flash from this folder, and failed...i don't really know the problem but someone says that if we flashed the wrong firmware, wrong preloader, this will hard brick our phone and the device cannot be switched on or charged anymore...but still got hope to make it alive back...just i didn't know how to do so...yet....still trying to find the solution...
(2013-08-13, 07:39)guardr0 Wrote: [ -> ]in the !Files_to_FlashTool folder, only got 4items... EBR1, MBR, system.img, and MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc....i tried to flash from this folder, and failed...i don't really know the problem but someone says that if we flashed the wrong firmware, wrong preloader, this will hard brick our phone and the device cannot be switched on or charged anymore...but still got hope to make it alive back...just i didn't know how to do so...yet....still trying to find the solution...

it should contain more than that, should be around 12 item
iam not too sure when u did the back up , u did it completely.

let me know the contain of the folder.
(2013-08-12, 18:42)guardr0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-12, 16:48)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]did u do the "prepare blocks for flash tool"

yes i did...successful and when flash using spflashtool, i failed

of course it failed. There needed to be at least boot.img and recovery.img for sure.

Unless someone w/the same phone uploads their !Flash folder for you, you are SOL.
in the backup folder inside the MTK Droid Root n Tools, i got 1 folder named GT-I9500_130722_backup_130810-224937 and all backup files are in here..

[Image: Capture22222.JPG#]
(2013-08-13, 09:14)guardr0 Wrote: [ -> ]in the backup folder inside the MTK Droid Root n Tools, i got 1 folder named GT-I9500_130722_backup_130810-224937 and all backup files are in here..

[Image: Capture22222.JPG#]

the total size of the file should be around 1.4gb ( if u did not pack it, zip it when u first did the back up)

i am not too sure if the version of the mtk droid root n tool will make any difference when u do the "prepare blocks for flash tool"

edit :i can't see the contain u upload (yr folder)
sorry for that... i think i'll just list them for u to see...i tried to upload pic but all the same result...i also can't view it lol...

4folders in the backup folder:
-!Files_to_FlashTool ----> created when prepare blocks for flash tool
-bak
-nvram
-system

22files inside the backup folder:
-boot.img
-cache.ext4.tar
-cache.img
-EBR1
-files.md5
-firmware.info
-logo.bin
-MBR
-MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
-phone.info
-pmt.raw
-preloader.bin
-pro_info.bin
-protect_f.ext4.tar
-protect_s.ext4.tar
-recovery.img
-seccfg.raw
-secro.img
-system.ext4.img
-system.ext4.tar
-uboot.bin
-userdata.img

the folder is 1.9GB(!Files_to_FlashTool excluded)...so i guess the whole files are there...about the version of mtkdroidtool, i don't think it will make any difference...and i used the latest that i got from xda-developers forum...
ya. it look ok

do yr prepare block for flash tool again. before that try to delete the folder that has 4 files inside. as it is not good.

hit the button "to prepare block for flash tool" ,then choose the backup file, then choose the file.m5d, then let it process.

see if u can get a complete !file for flash tool

edit:
after double check with my backup, it seema that yours is not complete.
EBR2 - u don't have

please see the sample that i posted at the following address
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&posted=1#post44565711
done...still got many errors...

--- Check and copying of files in the folder: C:\Users\r0uGh3LL\Desktop\S4\MtkDroidTools\backups\GT-I9500_130722_backup_130810-224937\!Files_to_FlashTool\
-- preloader_and_dsp: md5 ERROR;
-- MBR: md5 OK; ... it is copied
-- EBR1: md5 OK; ... it is copied
-- pmt: md5 ERROR;
-- pro_info: md5 ERROR;
-- userdata_nvram_only.ext4.tar: md5 ERROR;
-- protect_f.ext4.tar: md5 OK;
-- protect_s.ext4.tar: md5 OK;
-- seccfg: md5 ERROR;
-- uboot.bin: md5 ERROR;
-- boot.img: md5 ERROR;
-- recovery.img: md5 ERROR;
-- secro.ext4.img: md5 ERROR;
-- misc: md5 ERROR;
-- logo.bin: md5 ERROR;
-- expdb: md5 ERROR;
-- system.ext4.img: md5 OK; ... it is copied
-- system.ext4.tar: md5 OK;
-- cache.ext4.img: md5 ERROR;
-- cache.ext4.tar: md5 OK;
--- copying is complete ---

in the !file folder, got only 4 items, EBR1, MBR, scatter, and system.img only Sad same as before...
edit:
after double check with my backup, it seema that yours is not complete.
EBR2 - u don't have

please see the sample that i posted at the following address
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

is yr phone brick.
ie - u cannot on the phone, cannot chrage the phone.
it is no response, except when u connect the phone(without the battery) to the computer,
u still can hear a sound like "din don"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7