www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 3.1 ROM is out via OTA update!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The same problem by my phone with the SIM card...
(2016-02-03, 01:48)robbyx Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Sorry, the site from wich I took the link is in russian. The earlier link it is for OTA update. For QFIL update the link is:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
so... still no SD update?
Did you guys do a "wipe" after installing the update? Which SIM cards, which carrier? 3G, 4G? Coming directly from V3.0 or from V2.7 or earlier?
(2016-02-03, 05:38)mokados Wrote: [ -> ]so... still no SD update?

OTA and SD are the same thing.
(2016-02-03, 08:35)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]Did you guys do a "wipe" after installing the update? Which SIM cards, which carrier? 3G, 4G? Coming directly from V3.0 or from V2.7 or earlier?

Yes, I did a wipe after install. I came directly from V3.0. It reports "no sim card" and the screen flickers once at about five seconds, then goes off. I turn on the screen, it flickers and turns off again after about five seconds. The menu of sim cards is not accesible. The file from the OTA link wich I posted is same as yours. They have same dimensions and properties.
(2016-02-03, 11:30)robbyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03, 08:35)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]Did you guys do a "wipe" after installing the update? Which SIM cards, which carrier? 3G, 4G? Coming directly from V3.0 or from V2.7 or earlier?

Yes, I did a wipe after install. It reports "no sim card" and the screen flickers once at about five seconds, then goes off. I turn on the screen, it flickers and turns off again after about five seconds. The menu of sim cards is not accesible. The file from the OTA link wich I posted is same with yours. They have same dimensions and properties.

Again, there is some difference with OTA and the SD flashable update... When I updated from 2.7 to 3.0 I was curious what happens if I just go via OTA (I have permanent TWPR and root)... first it downloaded, the phone reboots and comes back in recovery... without wipe and just boot into system nothing happened, it just stayed in V2.7. Doing it a second time, wiped, the OTA continued, installed V3.0, but phone went weird in the same manner as you discribed... I used my Nandroid backup to restore my device state under V2.7.

Well, using the SD update zip, going from V2.7->V3.0->V3.1. installing via TWPR, wipe, restore root, maybe have to reinstall play store too, worked flawless... I don't know what is to find under the link you posted, but I only can tell, the ROM I took from Baidu (re-posted in different thread with Mega cloud link) is 100% OK for my device.

Maybe you should restore what ever you had before and go one by one again... if you finally have V3.1, give it some time for "initializing"... maybe one or two reboots necessary too...
I reinstalled using your link, it makes same problems. There is something about the sim card. One second it detects it 2G, next second 3G and in the third second said "no sim card" and the screen goes off. Then it do this from the beginning. I installed back 3.0 ROM and now it works without problems.
(2016-02-03, 14:08)robbyx Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled using your link, it makes same problems. There is something about the sim card. One second it detects it 2G, next second 3G and in the third second said "no sim card" and the screen goes off. Then it do this from the beginning. I installed back 3.0 ROM and now it works without problems.

Do you use two SIMs or just one (if only one, which network type, which slot)? I don't know if it would make any difference if you might switch off your SIM and remove SIM card(s) prior to update, putting it back in after V3.1 is installed...?

[attachment=2817]
[attachment=2818]
[attachment=2819]
(2016-02-03, 14:25)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03, 14:08)robbyx Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled using your link, it makes same problems. There is something about the sim card. One second it detects it 2G, next sI econd 3G and in the third second said "no sim card" and the screen goes off. Then it do this from the beginning. I installed back 3.0 ROM and now it works without problems.

Do you use two SIMs or just one (if only one, which network type, which slot)? I don't know if it would make any difference if you might switch off your SIM and remove SIM card(s) prior to update, putting it back in after V3.1 is installed...?
I use one sim in first slot. I tried in the second slot, but same behavior. My network is 4G. I installed without sim card also, but I had same problems when I inserted it after install. It's first time when I have problems like those when I install a new ROM. Excuse my english, please!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6