www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Marshallow 6.0.1 is here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2016-12-20, 04:50)Rescue Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I lost all hope of waiting for Android 6.0.1 but it did come.

They actually did better than I was expecting.

So if understood well, to update to this ver3.2 ROM we must absolutely have v2.6 abroad ROM installed, then go into settings and apply the update from our SD card.

Am I right?

Yes, you're right
So we can dirty flash and keep our apps and settings?
I don't think so but I will try tomorrow first.

Good news ;)

I'm running Marshmallow 6.0.1 with root and without loosing my apps !!!

Here is what I've done :

I had 2.6 with root , xposed and my patch installed.
Then I have copied on my sdcard, the new version 3.2 and SuperSu.zip version 2.78

I have rebooted with temporary TWRP.
In TWRP, clear Cache and Dalvik.

Then Installed the new version 3.2 (6.0.1)
Then Installed Supersu.zip
supersu has patched boot.img

Then reboot to System.

Finally, the phone has rebooted twice and then updating my 140 apps.
After waiting some time, phone has started.

And everything seems OK, I will test more tomorrow

I don't want to install in the same time xposed, but maybe it's also working.
So it's not necessary the new TWRP?!
by the way is there a possibility of flash marshmallow through qfill?
Yes I think so ! But don't forget to install SuperSU before rebooting.

Normally we can flash and install zip with the app FlashFire from chainfire. Will test it later.

I can't boot in recovery : droid error so !
(2016-12-20, 16:14)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]I can't boot in recovery : droid error so !
I've the same error and I think that new twrp is need!
(2016-12-20, 19:20)HAZArD01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 16:14)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]I can't boot in recovery : droid error so !
I've the same error and I think that new twrp is need!

Don't know, but it's weird because normally it's the factory recovery !

I'm in contact with the author of TWRP, will see

But with root and the app FlashFire, normally you can flash zip as we do with TWRP !

For the moment, I've got one problem : in SMS and phone app, there is no link between contact and phone number.

(2016-12-20, 20:42)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]For the moment, I've got one problem : in SMS and phone app, there is no link between contact and phone number.

Corrected by deleting all my google contacts and restore them

More language have been added, Netherland, Greek, Dansk etc ....
I have a Xiaomi VR headset (the less expensive one) that did work perfectly with the previous v2.6 ROM. This new v3.2 ROM however caused either the gyroscope or the accelerometer to stop working though, now I can't use my recently purchase headset for VR anymore. X(

Anyone has an idea that could potentially fix this please ?
Hi. Do you know why boot recovery has disappeared?
I still have not installed the update, because I'm interested to know how to enter the boot recovery, to enter reboot bootloader mode and pass the twrp to backup everything.

But without being able to enter boot recovery, we do if something fails, if we can not re-insert the firmware.

greetings and thanks
(2016-12-21, 17:29)Duende1973 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Do you know why boot recovery has disappeared?
I still have not installed the update, because I'm interested to know how to enter the boot recovery, to enter reboot bootloader mode and pass the twrp to backup everything.

But without being able to enter boot recovery, we do if something fails, if we can not re-insert the firmware.

greetings and thanks

Hi, I don't know why I can't boot in recovery, the image is good.

But I've succedded in installing permanent TWRP !

So what I 've done is to use the application flashify (in google store)
And you can flash recovery image directly.
I have use the 5.1.1 permanent TWRP zip file you find in permanent thread.

So now my phone is rooted and I can boot in TWRP recovery.

Just beware, TWRP thinks your phone is not rooted and propose to root it, don't let it do that !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10