www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MP 809T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2014-11-30, 13:01)twistyplain Wrote: [ -> ][...]

Some of these Chinese companies are so daring. I saw somewhere that OnePlus makes less than $10 profit from each 1+ One - a $350+ phone - that's some pretty risky business.
Oneplus has a big company behind (Oppo), they don't need high profit to maintain factory etc. They also get money from Oppo for support. Both Oppo and Oneplus do this to enlarge the market share, and looking for long-term profit
(2014-11-30, 18:42)gerstavros Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-30, 13:01)twistyplain Wrote: [ -> ][...]

Some of these Chinese companies are so daring. I saw somewhere that OnePlus makes less than $10 profit from each 1+ One - a $350+ phone - that's some pretty risky business.
Oneplus has a big company behind (Oppo), they don't need high profit to maintain factory etc. They also get money from Oppo for support. Both Oppo and Oneplus do this to enlarge the market share, and looking for long-term profit

I totally hadn't thought about such a long-term plan - it's brilliant. It's better to make a little profit for some time to guarantee a good amount of market share after some few years.

Such things can only happen in China - Chinese investors have endless pockets and they wouldn't hesitate to invest in such a company that has so much promise.
For those who are interrested in changing the 809T screen ...

Here is a video given by my seller, after buying a screen for this mobile : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Interresting to see :-)
Has anybody tried to upgrade this phone from 4.3 to [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]?
I have the quad core version, and I have been using it for nearly a year now (!) without any problem, but I thought that maybe it will be worth upgrading it.
Any opinions or experiences? (I have some doubts due to the warning about possible loss of IMEI, the LCD display confusion and the camera driver change)
(2014-12-16, 02:01)Yaelede Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]?
I have the quad core version, and I have been using it for nearly a year now (!) without any problem, but I thought that maybe it will be worth upgrading it.
Any opinions or experiences? (I have some doubts due to the warning about possible loss of IMEI, the LCD display confusion and the camera driver change)

Hello
Before starting an upgrade, you should probably do a full backup of your phone (read this thread for exemple :http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-How-To-root-mpie-mini-809t?page=2). You will then be able to go back if necessary.

The 4.4.2 upgrade comes with small improvements (flash alert) and big stability : my phone has lost 3% battery during the last 2 days, and is in deep sleep 99.93% of the time. (OK, the phone is on a shelter with no sim, no Bluetooth, nor Wi-Fi ... But still an excellent performance :-) !)
(2014-12-16, 04:10)Darktator Wrote: [ -> ]The 4.4.2 upgrade comes with small improvements (flash alert) and big stability : my phone has lost 3% battery during the last 2 days, and is in deep sleep 99.93% of the time. (OK, the phone is on a shelter with no sim, no Bluetooth, nor Wi-Fi ... But still an excellent performance :-) !)

Well ... It's not as excellent as I told : I removed the battery (after the post), and restart the phone, and it has lost almost 50% of the battery. Yea Right

Nevertheless, I use it now since this morning (double sim + bluetooth for a while), and it lost 5% during the last 4h30. Deep Sleep 95% of the time.

Still a very good job Cool
I use the MT6592 model with 4.4 for almost 3 months. It works fine, except art, after installing some apps, it returns to dalvik, but it's an android problem found on nexus too
I flashed my MTK6582 1/4G model with this ROM: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I managed to work around the annoying SD card limitations in KitKat. I created TWRP recovery v.2.7.1.0 and got root access by install SuperSU. After that I modified platform.xml (attached). Now KitKat runs quite nice on my phone. Big Grin
if someone is interrested in changing the 809t screen, which site can he buy the replacement screen from?
Well! After almost exactly 1 year, here I am with some news! Heheh

I'm still using my MPAI 809T MTK6582 bought on AliExpress, I've modded it, flashed uncountable ROMS, risked to break it tons of times (and BRICK it aswell) but hey, STILL PERFECT AND RUNNING.

I also tried the rom with KitKat from NeedRom, it would be nice if you could somehow pass the external SD restrictions, also Link2SD won't help you.... in the end yesterday night I switched back to the 4.3 STOCK (customized by me with personal Boot image and animation, and tweaked with Xposed and Gravitybox)

Thanks to this Phone I learned how to use SP Flash Tools, MTK Droid Tools and SP Multi-port Download Tool, I learned how to backup my NVRAM, restore IMEI, root almost any MTK device and to love chinaphones Smiling

Although, I have a problem at the moment. After flashing the rom today I noticed the weirdest thing.

I can receive calls, send SMS/MMS, data connection works fine but for some reason I cannot get the dialer to make calls.
It's not a SIM issue i thing, it's litterally the dialer that won't send the call. Do you think that flashing another dialer.apk from another stock rom (maybe 4.2) would be a good idea? Also, if you have any suggestion, let me know.

I think I will also write someday a guide called how to optimize your MPAI 809t, where I explain how to root it, install CWM, use MTK Droid told to backup NVRAM or patch boot.img and recovery to get root access and wich app to safely remove and install to get the best out of your phone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17