www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V3 Mod] Make your internal system storage 6GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This shows Asphalt8 running on V3, so it must be possible to install it. You can try to install cr4ck3d version from [snip: Cracked/pirated commercial software not allowed on CPA], just to rule out that Google Play isn't giving you problems (incompatibility, etc).
(2014-01-12, 01:18)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]This shows Asphalt8 running on V3, so it must be possible to install it. You can try to install cr4ck3d version from [snip: Cracked/pirated commercial software not allowed on CPA], just to rule out that Google Play isn't giving you problems (incompatibility, etc).

The thing is that its alright that i can install it with that version, but what if i want to download something else, so not having A8 is not the main problem here, the main point is that the phone does not know what storage is what Sad
(2014-01-12, 01:23)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that its alright that i can install it with that version, but what if i want to download something else, so not having A8 is not the main problem here, the main point is that the phone does not know what storage is what Sad

I now see we're going in a completely wrong direction. You never said the problem is with all the apps. You talked about Asphalt8 all the time...

Can someone without this mod confirm there are no issues? Or that there are issues? Or if the firmware is to blame, does anyone knows what is all about?
(2014-01-12, 02:24)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-12, 01:23)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that its alright that i can install it with that version, but what if i want to download something else, so not having A8 is not the main problem here, the main point is that the phone does not know what storage is what Sad

I now see we're going in a completely wrong direction. You never said the problem is with all the apps. You talked about Asphalt8 all the time...

Can someone without this mod confirm there are no issues? Or that there are issues? Or if the firmware is to blame, does anyone knows what is all about?

Sorry didn't meant to do that, I just wanted an example Can't believe
(2014-01-09, 11:55)cityfun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi GizBeat, I made the following changes to the EBR files [snip], as this is my first time using HEX calculators, I'm not sure if the following change list is correct, would be really grateful if you can help me look these over, thanks so much:

EBR1
====
Location 000001ec: 20 -> 1a (+24 steps of 500MB = +12 GB)

EBR2
====
Location 000001c8: 3a -> 52 (+24 steps of 500MB = +12 GB)
Location 000001cc: c4 -> dc (-24 steps of 500MB = -12 GB)

Quick note: I'm keen on doing this because I have no interest in using the phone memory as a data storage, I usually plug in the largest micro SD that the phone will support and direct all my Dropbox data (via DropSync) to it.

in that's EBR1 for 13.0GB the hex we need is 1a0 (D0x2), but is confusing. it reads 20 00 00 00 and changing 20 to just 1a work will not. 1a=26 and 1a0=416 when convert to the decimal. so huge difference with the 0 added. how to indicate 1a0 properly in that location, i don't know. that hex hurt my had This sucks
I hear you buddy, I just got my phone, now am thinking whether to try this...hahaha
(2014-01-12, 17:52)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]EBR1
====
Location 000001ec: 20 -> 1a (+24 steps of 500MB = +12 GB)

in that's EBR1 for 13.0GB the hex we need is 1a0 (D0x2), but is confusing. it reads 20 00 00 00 and changing 20 to just 1a work will not. 1a=26 and 1a0=416 when convert to the decimal. so huge difference with the 0 added. how to indicate 1a0 properly in that location, i don't know. that hex hurt my had This sucks

Maybe I could help. I work as a software developer for the last 8 years, so HEXing is second nature to me Smiling

But I'm not sure I'm following you here. What is D0x2? And why do you need 1a0 value? Could you be more specific and detailed?
Anyways, I understood the value you need is stored in integer data type (4 bytes). If you change the last byte (everything's written backward in memory!) from 20 to 1a (which is less), then ofcourse you'll get a smaller memory block (353MB vs 512MB), and thus a smaller partition when multiplied with 24 steps.

So if you want to change 20 into 1a0 (which is in fact two bytes -> 01a0), you must widen the data type from 32bit (4 byte) integer to 64bit (8 bytes). Then it would look like 1a0000000 (without the 0-trailing bytes), which gives exactly 6GB. But then again, if the filesystem knows how to read 4 bytes only, that would be a big problem (because of the 5th byte we added and widend the data type to 64bit).

Again, I don't know why do you need 13 times bigger value (20 vs 1a0)? Why don't you change 20 00 00 00 to 10 04 00 00 (256MB memory block) which will multiplied by 24 steps give a 6GB partition? If these 24 steps are fixed and taken for granted at all. Am I missing something here? Does anything what I've said here have some sense?

Waiting for your further clarification. I'm sure we can fix this issue.
I wrote a bare tutorial for the the basic idea. but my ideas about hex make my head is hurting.

I guess if a change was made to that EBR... widened as you say.. The way the EBR is read by the system would have to modified as well...

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-01-12, 22:49)NexusTrix Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

OK, thanks for additional clarification in another thread, but just not to spam there about widening data types, I just want to say here that widening is not possible, as it can be clearly seen that 32bit is the maximum. And even if you manage to squeeze in additional bytes, it would be close to impossible to adapt the rest of the system to use these bytes. I'm quite sure this EBR thing is designed differently.

See you in the other thread Smiling
Can someone take a look at [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]? It has to do with this subject.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7