www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V3 Mod] Make your internal system storage 6GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've gotten my V3 and finally decided to be safe and just flash the 6GB mod. i have to agree, 6GB is enough. This leaves me with 7.85 GB of internal storage that I used for a MUSIC folder and a 4GB Ubuntu image running a linux machine on the phone (use Linux Deploy - Play Store),

I had some difficulty using the PDANet driver on Windows 8.1, and had to revert to using the MEDIATEK VCOM USB drivers to use the SPFlash tool in Windows 8.1 (32-Bit), have not tried on the 64-bit version.

Hope this helps anyone running Windows 8.1 as their daily driver.
(2014-01-11, 19:44)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]Preferred install location: Internal device storage
Default write disk: Phone storage

Hello Guys

I have the same options, and when i try to install any app, they dont use the phone storage 12GB.

Teh phone storage only storage music and photos?
Sorry for that dumb question.

Thanks
(2014-01-17, 20:20)Mouratti Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-11, 19:44)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]Preferred install location: Internal device storage

Hello Guys

I have the same options, and when i try to install any app, they dont use the phone storage 12GB.

Thanks
That's correct, generally phone storage is for storing music/photos/movies etc...
(2014-01-17, 21:10)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 20:20)Mouratti Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello Guys

Thanks
That's correct, generally phone storage is for storing music/photos/movies etc...

Thanks!

Guess is wrong space for all of this, if it's possible change this and user select wich size want, will be great.
(2014-01-17, 21:17)Mouratti Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en )

I think 6GB is more than enough...3.5GB should give enough room for several hundred "normal" apps.

I guess everyone is different. Again, it will depend on how you use your phone.
(2014-01-17, 21:41)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en )

I think 6GB is more than enough...3.5GB should give enough room for several hundred "normal" apps.

I guess everyone is different. Again, it will depend on how you use your phone.

Yes i agree with you, but 1 gb is not very huge space, 6gb or 3.5gb is good enough to use.
(2014-01-17, 21:47)Mouratti Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i agree with you, but 1 gb is not very huge space, 6gb or 3.5gb is good enough to use.

Yes. I think so too. 1GB for sure isn't enough for a moderate or power user.
(2014-01-17, 21:41)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en )

I'm using [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], which can mount any source folder to any destination folder. Free version has a limit of three mount points, but you can always mount the parent folder, and have all subfolders mounted aswell, and use only one mount point that way. Very useful for this kind of problems. I still can't believe phone storage is so limited.
Υes the manufacturers for the storage space are very stingy Big Grin indepedently of the price.For example 600 euros phones like lg g2 or galaxy s4 and they have only 16gb memory from which is free 10gb and 8.5gb.And also g2 cant accept sd card
(2014-01-08, 02:37)zatycz Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and place it on SD card
3. Boot into CWM recovery (Turn on phone, while holding Volume Up)
4. Make complete backup (backup and restore - backup)
5. Install dowloaded iNew_V3_6GB_data.zip (Install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard)
6. Restore from backup (backup and restore - restore)
7. Reboot
8. When phone write that Phone memory is corrupted, just format it as reccomended
9. Now you have 5,91 GB for apps and 7,85GB as Phone memory

Hi.

Mine shows install aborted. Need to root first?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7