www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V3 Mod] Make your internal system storage 6GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi.

Mine shows install aborted. Need to root first?
[/quote]

Please don't quote the original post.

You need to have a custom recovery installed, like CWM.
Anyone know if this will impact and encrypted phone?
(2014-01-08, 01:58)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Updater script for 3.5GB mod has an incorrect UI message. It still says "Repartitioning /data to 6GB".
Almost had a stroke when I saw that message and I clearly remember I downloaded one for a 3.5GB Smiling
But luckily the partitioning was done correctly. Everything is like it should be.
My phone storage became corrupted Sad
Luckily I had all important files on my external sd card.
Anyone faced similar situation? I ask all those who applied the mod manualy.
I was also having "boot-hang" effect, but I left it for about 5 minutes to "finish" whatever it was doing, and it luckily booted up. I just had to reformat phone storage, and I hope nothing else was damaged.
How is that happened?

On a restart?
Well... I'm not sure. I actually had a recent restart before it happend, but as I said I'm not holding much of my data on phone storage partition so I discovered the problem accidentally. After I took a picture with my camera I was wondering why was it saved on my external sd card, and I know I configured to be saved on my phone storage. Then I saw what happend in file manager (picture couldn't be saved on a corrupted partition, so it was saved on my external sd card). Part of the files were not so important and for the other part I had a recent backup, so not a big deal. I just hope some other partition on nand chip wasn't affected too. But all apps are working and booting up is normal again, so I guess I cheated the devil Smiling
Again! Argh... I don't see the pattern.
But this is what I do see. I was a bit wrong when I said last time that all apps are working. Few of them didn't (just default homescreen icons which can't start the app), so I reinstalled them all, and - it happend again. This time even without a restart. I thought it's due to one of these apps, so I uninstalled all of these apps, and started installing them one by one, and checking after each installation if everything's ok. It was all ok until I installed the last one, and then it happend again. Then I uninstalled all of them once again, and started installing them one by one followed by a restart after each one, and everything was ok. It's all funny because, nothing is written to phone storage, only to data partition where apk is installed and its data extracted. Even if the system decides to install an app to my sd card, it would be external sd, and not phone storage. That's why I think that 3.5GB mod is not correctly done. My theory is that data and phone storage partitions are somehow overlapped, so when something is written on data partition, it is in fact writing on the phone storage partition over some filesystem part of the partition which only the OS should write and not other apps. All these apps are working and at least that's ok, but how can I trust anything on my phone storage if that happens so randomly? I also need to say that I'm left with about 100MB on my data partition, which also could be the problem. Anyone also on low space there? I mean, maybe the system thinks the partition is bigger and lets the file to be written on data partition, but the file is in fact written over part of the other partition, and this making it currupted? Anyone understands what I'm theorizing here? I'm seriously thinking about flash the default EBR files, and moving all of my apps on external sd. But I like it this way now, because read speeds of internal memory is much better than my external sd's.
Those names on the files/folders I've seen them (at least similar "names") on a USB stick that I was using it to a PC who had a virus. I do not know if this is relative with yours (maybe something on your PC)
Just speculations.
(2014-02-14, 04:33)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]Those names on the files/folders I've seen them (at least similar "names") on a USB stick that I was using it to a PC who had a virus. I do not know if this is relative with yours (maybe something on your PC)
Just speculations.

It has nothing to do with my PC, since I didn't connected my phone to it for the last few days. And as I said, I reformatted my phone storage at least a couple of times in the last 12 hours, and the partition keeps corrupting, so it's comming from "somewhere inside". After the last restart, I see last installed APK's on data partition are still corrupted. So even at installation time something is not written properly to data partition too, not only the phone storage. I've mentioned the partition mod few times already, because the problems I'm having has to do only with partitions the mod had changed. My system and cache partitions, recovery and boot, which all resides on the same nand chip, don't have such problems. My external sd card also doesn't give any signs of problems. Has onyone come close to 100MB free space on data partition? Because I suspect that problem will arrise only in that case. So for now I moved all of my big APK's to my external sd card and set my preffered install location on it also. Will see how it behaves with 2.5GB occupied space. The remaining 1GB I will leave as wasted, just to see if the problem will be gone, at least temporarily until I come up with some better solution.
Try something else. Format your internal memory to 6gb + ~9. Then you will see if the problem is those partitions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7