www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Unlocking disabled 3G bands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
totally off-topic: lol, no - its sitting somewhere as they are just chucking the Airmail into the cheapest possible flights, thats just how it works.
on-topic:
i really wonder how they managed to configure the bands in such a way that you cannot alter them.
i am still pretty convinced that the modem could handle it but its not turned on in the software (its more expensive to make a new modem than to just use the standard one, and the MT6582 has standard modem with 850/900/1900/2100)
(2014-03-25, 19:37)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]i really wonder how they managed to configure the bands in such a way that you cannot alter them.

Maybe they are indeed read from the hardware itself which has these settings hardcoded in it? Wild guessing, but possible. And I hope not true.

(2014-03-25, 19:37)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]i am still pretty convinced that the modem could handle it but its not turned on in the software (its more expensive to make a new modem than to just use the standard one, and the MT6582 has standard modem with 850/900/1900/2100)

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't trying to flash the whole 1.0.1 umts900 firmware, because others were bricked immediately, but I was replacing only certain part of that firmware which I was suspecting it could have something to do with differently configured umts bands. But all of my attempts resulted without changes being visible, or in worst case, a bricked phone too. So, if something really should be "turned on in the software", it's really hard to find it, at least for me.

Last but not least, check out this screenshot below. I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I assure you it's not a Photoshop at play Smiling

[attachment=998]

Ofcourse, reboot canceled all of these changes, and everything was reverted back to normal Sad
that would be too easy no?

which changes did you try in the firmware if i may ask?
Well, there were many many things I was trying in the last 10 days or so, too many to have them listed here (and who would remember all of them?), but if you're refering to firmware changes I mentioned in my last post, most of them were the files which are residing in system and framework folders which have to do with network and radio/modem and stuff like that. I'm using WinMerge tool which can compare two folders (in my case 1.0.1 and 1.0.7 folders), and lists all of the files/folders which don't match, so I can easily see what has been changed inside wcdma900-enabled firmware. But many files are different, and many of them (especialy the ones in framework folder) brick the phone, or bootloops, or hangs on iNew logo. Currently I'm out of fresh ideas, and it would certainly be easier if some knowledgeable would join my 1-man team lol. Maybe I'll get some new ideas when/if next wcdma900 firmware gets released. But for know, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop this little project of mine...
Don't give up... help is coming Wink

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi , i received my inev v3 yesterday .
Rom is inew_v3e_ v1.0.1 with 2014-2.15 baseband.
All features works and i havent noticed bugs of importance (just battery drops from 100% to 80 in a very short period of time)
Have rooted it and made some tests.
"uncle tools" reports that i have wcdma 900 available and active.
Does the 1.0.8 rom suposse a risk to loose this configuration?
What improvements does it bring?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
Hi guys,
this is what:

1) I have 3 iNew V3 at home
2) One of them came with new baseband and WCDMA 900 band
3) Did a backup of the nvram of the 900 band phone
4) Installed danyno1 1.0.8 rooted/recovery rom and rebooted the phone
5) Band switched to 850 (and 800) (IMEI were there though)
6) Restored the nvram saved before and rebooted the phone
7) Phone now is on 1.0.8 AND with WCDMA 900 band (and 2000 of course)
8) To have GPS working, I logged to Google account (play store), set date and location to my country (Spain), downloaded mobile uncle tools, went to location based and downloaded epo and then to YGPS and on information did full -> hot -> agps restart and then back to satellites tab (with GPS active obviously). After 10 minutes I had fix with 6-7 satellites inside my apartment. This must be done only the first time, to write the gps config file

Hope it helps

Cheers
kok
so that means its not hardware related but a software setting, and its stored only in the NVRAM as it seems.
interesting, but that seems to prove that the hardware is there but deactivated somehow.
would be interesting to know if you could enable 1900 also somehow and make the change stick, so you would have all 4 WCDMA bands available.
(2014-03-26, 09:40)kokuo Wrote: [ -> ]1) I have 3 iNew V3 at home

Thanks for sharing this info. This indeed proves what I already concluded: that UTMS band settings (along with million of others) are saved in nvram. But the clear proof that wcdma850 phone could operate on wcdma900 would be restoring your wcdma900 nvram on wcdma850 phone. If I understood correctly, wcdma850 rom (1.0.8) temporarily "stripped off" wcdma900 capability of your wcdma900 phone, so you enabled it again by restoring your nvram backup you did on the same phone before, right? If that's the case, that still doesn't say that wcdma850 phone would work with wcdma900 after restoring wcdma900 nvram on it (because of potential hardware differences), but if you are willing to share your nvram (ofcourse without your IMEI's), that would be great, so that way I could see the differences between the two and try to adapt any wcdma850 nvram to work with wcdma900, and possibly other bands too (suported by the bandbase chip). I already asked few other people regarding that request, but they are either not willing to share it, or they're not so active on the forum and don't read it so often.
(2014-03-26, 18:05)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-26, 09:40)kokuo Wrote: [ -> ]1) I have 3 iNew V3 at home

Thanks for sharing this info. This indeed proves what I already concluded: that UTMS band settings (along with million of others) are saved in nvram. But the clear proof that wcdma850 phone could operate on wcdma900 would be restoring your wcdma900 nvram on wcdma850 phone. If I understood correctly, wcdma850 rom (1.0.8) temporarily "stripped off" wcdma900 capability of your wcdma900 phone, so you enabled it again by restoring your nvram backup you did on the same phone before, right? If that's the case, that still doesn't say that wcdma850 phone would work with wcdma900 after restoring wcdma900 nvram on it (because of potential hardware differences), but if you are willing to share your nvram (ofcourse without your IMEI's), that would be great, so that way I could see the differences between the two and try to adapt any wcdma850 nvram to work with wcdma900, and possibly other bands too (suported by the bandbase chip). I already asked few other people regarding that request, but they are either not willing to share it, or they're not so active on the forum and don't read it so often.

You got it right Smiling

IMHO other people don't want to share it because it would mean sharing their IMEI too, that it's not really a safe thing to do.

What I could try to do is to manually change the imei values on the nvram now (through engineer menu), replacing them with 1111 or 0000 to make them recongnizable at first sight and then do a backup of this modded nvram to share Smiling

I'm at work now, I should have some time tonight after Juventus match Tongue

Cheers
kok
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8