www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Unlocking disabled 3G bands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've downloaded Maui META tool just now, and it looks promising. I see a bunch of 3G related stuff. If I find some free time, maybe I'll take a look at it more closely.
@Burs, I now can check 1900 in band mode, so porting darkmoon rom to my device has at least helped a little, no 850 though.

I would like to know how to enable it via nvram, if the phone gets brick oh well, I will get another one. That's the advantage of buying a cheap phone.[Image: 2vnnfxx.png]
(2014-04-26, 23:00)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]I've downloaded Maui META tool just now, and it looks promising. I see a bunch of 3G related stuff. If I find some free time, maybe I'll take a look at it more closely.

Just figure out how to have META activate the downloaded calibration file. The V3-W.ini has 2 WCDMA bands (800 and 850 aka band5-6) and the V3-E.ini has 1 WCDMA band (900 aka band8). But even I download "E" file to flash, when read back its the "W"...
news: when you change the WG modem files in the 108 ROM to the files from the 101 ROM (modem_1_wg_n.img) in both places: system\etc\firmware and etc\firmware, than restart with factory reset (or clear data and cache) the phone will restart as 900MHz enabled. (The MUT says it is)

In case of no 900MHz provider SIM cannot test.
It did not solve the Telenor Hungary 3G problem.
Hi everybody! sorry to bother you with this! as I'm newbie here... I have a quick question.. (I did a full search on this forum but I could not manage to get the answer ) I bought the phone a few day ago.. work great with stock 1.0.4 rom. The problem is that I'm from Argentina and here 3g only works on 1900 mhz (sorry guys we are still in "stone age" here) and I can not get 3g due V3 only works on 850 & 2100 mhz. Is there a way to change baseband in order to get it work on 1900mhz? Hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance for your time & support.Thumbs Up
If you read this thready you will understand that there is no confirmation that this can be done.
The work is still in progress...
If my phone is 850 2100 mobile then how come there is no 2100 option in mobile uncle tools? I have 800mhz 850mhz and 2000mhz and I think in UK the 3g runs on 2100. So I do not benefit I just get low speeds
The 2000 you see in engineering mode is same as 2100.
Thank you for the clear up, but do you know why my speed is slow? I'm not able to view YouTube because that slow
It's quite normal for YouTube to be slow or not work at all, even on 3g. Depending on the area. Check your SIM and see if there's an 'H' where it shows the signal strength. That means you're on 3g.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8