www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to modify your EBR and change your partitions for MTK6589T, MTK6582
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I have a question as I am trying to figure out this tutorial (that doesn't simplify/explain anything) , my question is.

What is this part for? why is it significant? why is it necessary to be done?

(a) USRDATA 0x44980000
(b) FAT 0xCB980000

Check and calculate existing size of mount point /data:
Y=b-a = 0xCB980000 - 0x44980000
= 0x87000000 (hex) = 2,264,924,160 bytes (hex to bytes conversion)

What is the "mount point"? why is it important?
If the EBR was previously altered will this information (mount point) change?

I tried using the EBRtweak 1.0a trying to get 5.0GB and the result was 2.5GB only, so I tried to do it manually following the tutorials supplied in this thread (which took me 2 days to decipher because nothing was explained) and still only got 2.5GB as my result.

I tried understanding why I needed to "Check and calculate existing size of mount point" and couldn't so I decided to ask the question here. I've also attached screenshots of my results after the manual attempt to include the EBR 1&2 file screenshot.

I must tell you that I had already modified the EBR before I read this post so I cannot refer to the stock EBR's anymore because I no longer have them I thought I did but I can't seem to locate them on my computer. Please review my info and tell me what I did wrong.

By the way I was told that my phone had 32GB but when I checked using Terminal Emulator I noticed that it only had 14.9GB (I am not sure if this is accurate) and I don't know how to know for sure what it actually has so I am going under the assumption that it only has 14.9GB of storage total..

Thanks in advance.
(2014-10-11, 10:51)gmcclintock Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Greetings

Louis777
I have a problem.
My stock EBRs have 1.44 GB for system, cache, dev.. but after using this method it became 1.18 GB.. after few days its causing crashes to system apps... every apps are getting forced closed. Getting format internal storage notification in every 1-2 days specially after connecting phone to pc as usb storage.
Please see the attached pics and give me solution how to get 1.44 GB for system as in stock EBRs.

[Image: Screenshot_2014_10_19_21_58_45.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2014_10_19_22_10_16.png]
(2014-10-20, 01:16)hqamrul Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Which is the changelog of this EBRTWeak 1.1 vs previous EBRTweak 1.0a?
(2014-10-31, 00:44)bovirus Wrote: [ -> ]Which is the changelog of this EBRTWeak 1.1 vs previous EBRTweak 1.0a?

- support more phones
my phone mtk6582 with android 4.4
only this version 1.1 working for me with no bugs

- do exactly as this post say about changing file values
Quote:In EBR1, one value is modified. In EBR2, two values are modified. For every increase in EBR1, we must make a decrease in the first value of EBR2 and an increase in the second value of EBR2.
Support more phones. I believe that you eman more chipset.
Any details about it? Which chipset?
Is it a bugfix of 1.0a?
well, i don't know about chipset
the tutorial here show us one example of EBR files
the first version of EBRTweak support only this kind of EBR file with the same 3 values (20 38 C5).

now, when i ran this EBRTweak on my phone EBR files
and when i follow the instruction from the tutorial i got different values

so this new version of EBRTweak try only do the exactly as instruction!
that's why i believe it is support more phones
(2014-10-16, 06:14)Louis777 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Greetings

Louis777

I've read your post and still did not get an answer to my question(s). Is that the only answer you have? or can you simplify and just answer the question with one sentence?
Hi there,

I've read this thread with great interest as I've often wanted to change the partition size on my phones however I've always had to rely on others providing pre-editing EBR files.

I'm no expert with HEX etc. but I've read the PDF tutorial and all the posts in this thread and tested the figures with the EBR's from my iNew V8.

The problem is when it says to use the equation (A + B) - C = D... I do not get the same value as "D" in the EBR file?

I've attached my EBR files and a summary of my workings and it would be awesome if someone would be willing to take a quick glance at them and tell me if I'm missing something.

Thanks

P.S. I've read some people say the tutorial's author uses two different calclulations to get D...

(A + B) - C = D and D = A + B + C

however perhaps he has edited the document as I read it as...

D = A + X + C

X being the desired (target) partition size.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13