www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to modify your EBR and change your partitions for MTK6589T, MTK6582
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I've put the calculations in an excel sheet. See attached. It should work for any two partitions. Modify the green fields. You should be able to calculate any size with it. If You find any error let me know.
dude, can you teach me. how to create a system partition as v3, the internal memory (13GB) = phone storage (13GB). such as merge partitions into one.
(2014-06-16, 06:38)over_dosis Wrote: [ -> ]dude, can you teach me. how to create a system partition as v3, the internal memory (13GB) = phone storage (13GB). such as merge partitions into one.
Warning: back up all Your data, as it will be lost from the phone!
According to my method You need CWM recovery, Diskinfo (from Play Store), HxD hex editor, SP Flash Tool and Your current partition info, ie. MBR and EBR files. With Diskinfo You can check the actual partition sizes and partition numbers - which is important, as that is the only information that can be used to identify the entries in the xBR files.
Get the xls from my previous post to do the calculations.
Fill up the current partitions part with the current partition info starting with MBR, then EBR1 and EBR2. If You want to change just data and internal SD partitions it is enough to copy the values for these two (or if there is any partiton definition between the two copy that as well, as the xls calculates in sequencial order). If You want to merge partitions, it's a bit more tricky, as You will have to edit the fstab as well, to remove the mount points of the removed partitions. If You want to have it simple, You leave a minimal size for the nt needed partiton, thus You don't have to edit the fstab.
So after entering the current entries, You change the sizes in the new partitions part (don't forget to extend the calculation to as many lines as You have in the current partitions part) and You get the byte values You have to enter with HxD into the xBR files. Then flash the files with SP Flash Tool and format the partitons from CWM. Now You can restore the backup, but use the advanced restore to restore the partitions one by one.
(2014-06-06, 22:45)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]...
(2014-06-02, 02:52)mirandam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-29, 18:18)hypafly Wrote: [ -> ]Please I tried using ebrtweak application but it doesn't detect my device, I tried editing my mt6589 using hex editor but i get much memory than supposed because I'm using a 16gb rom! Sometimes I get 6 gb internal and 10 gb external whereas its supposed to be 13gb total. Please I have attached the two ebr files in zip archive! I don't know if anyone can help me edit it to 6gb internal and the rest to external.

You probably didn't create the correct EBR files. If they were created by droidtools, after the backup you should have done the "To prepar blocks for FlashTool", which converts the blocks to the correct size for flashtool, in this case 512 bytes each.
These are the files you can use for ebrtweak, not the backup-ed ones, you can find them in the !Files_to_FlashTool folder in your backup folder.

b.t.w. If've attached the correct EBR's created by ebrtweak with 6GB for you.

These appear to be off by 4 GB, so this is for 2 GB not 6 GB? If using this as 6 GB would cause problems as it is only for 2 GB, 1.75781 GB to be exact. Also these are way different than asterx ebr files.

That is the good news, Burs can just edit his app with correct numbers, and recompile it. I only did the math on ebr1, to be honest if you get ebr1 wrong, ebr2 will be out of wack also, as ebr2 gets it's info from ebr1.

Ok below some of the numbers are not correct, we will only focus on ebr1, if ebr1 is wrong ebr2 will also be wrong.

ebr1 is correct upto 4.5 then it gets way off 5.5 shows 35 which is 1.65625 GB 35 is in between 30 and 40, note 30 is 1.5GB and 40 is 2.0GB so no way 35 can equal 5.5GB it equals 1.65625 can rounded up to 1.7

You were right about the calculations, I didn't ran into problems because I only used the 4GB option in EBRtweak, which is working fine.
Would be nice to see burs updating his ebrtweak and it might even be interesting to have more options for those phones that have 16G/32G of rom.
Hi!

Just got my Alps a9500 mt6582 with 1Gb/13Gb storage.
My EBRs are 1kb/512kb and made for sptools 1kb each.

I would like to make internal storage 8Gb and phone storage 6Gb, but i do not know how. I do not understand hex and since reading up on this thread i cannot use the EBRtweak.

Can someone assist?
(2014-07-15, 06:40)Lord_Flaya Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

After that and before starting flashing, I would recommend [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

That would actually prevent disasters like bricking your phone, or better said, it would not prevent them but help you to recover your phone if they occur.
(2014-07-15, 06:40)Lord_Flaya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

Just got my Alps a9500 mt6582 with 1Gb/13Gb storage.
My EBRs are 1kb/512kb and made for sptools 1kb each.

I would like to make internal storage 8Gb and phone storage 6Gb, but i do not know how. I do not understand hex and since reading up on this thread i cannot use the EBRtweak.

Can someone assist?

anyone?[/align]
(2014-06-25, 23:33)asterx Wrote: [ -> ]...
Get the xls from my previous post to do the calculations.

Just a small suggestion; it would be handy to save the xls in xls 2003 format as many people still use office 2003. I know you can open the xlsx with the 2003 fileconverter utility, but one has to install that one separately, the same goes for openoffice. Just saving the same file as 2003 will cost only second or two and the same file could also be used in office 2007.
(2014-07-16, 03:54)mirandam Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&item=291017548467&view=all&tid=1030886165019

it is now edited to this one

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Best regards
(2014-07-17, 05:33)Lord_Flaya Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&item=291017548467&view=all&tid=1030886165019

it is now edited to this one

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Best regards

Anyone who would like to help me with this? I attached my ebr files and I'm trying to make my partitions system=8gb and phone storage the rest.

Would really appreciate the help.

Best regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13