www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [ROM] iNew V3 1.0.4 Lewa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Usually lewa ROMs offer ota update, can you check if this feature is present?
(2014-02-10, 23:41)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]I sent him on a pm the address of that file but I do not know if he will be able to download it because you must login for download access

Thanks Nikstar. Bingo!! The link doesn't work Smile

I will wait for Burs' kind upload. Thanks Burs!
(2014-02-11, 00:45)arioch Wrote: [ -> ]Usually lewa ROMs offer ota update, can you check if this feature is present?

There are two versions available at needrom.
One is OTA version and the other is not. I do not know why there are both of these. It could be only the OTA.
What is the difference and benefits of the non OTA version
You're talking about the one that seems an official update...
Both of them are saying LeWa

INEW V3-C LeWa - Flash
INEW V3-C LeWa - OTA

Probably one is for Flashing through SP Flash tools and the other is for upday through recovery
(2014-02-11, 01:04)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-11, 00:45)arioch Wrote: [ -> ]Usually lewa ROMs offer ota update, can you check if this feature is present?

There are two versions available at needrom.
One is OTA version and the other is not. I do not know why there are both of these. It could be only the OTA.
What is the difference and benefits of the non OTA version

There are both versions, because not everyone agree that one way is better than the other. For Non-OTA / SP version you don't have to be rooted and don't have to have CWM installed, but you might get into drivers issues (especialy on Windows 8), which are the prerequisites for the whole flashing process (which is IMHO very flakey even without the drivers). On the other hand, I like to do it through CWM, because I need root anyway for other apps, and I use CWM rather than Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro apps, since it can make a whole nandroid backup and a whole lot of other things. I'm uploading CWM flashable version now (462MB, 65%), which I'm seriously thinking about flashing on my V3 too, so ofcourse CWM must be installed first. But what I think arioch were asking, is OTA feature of the rom itself present and functional. Meaning that we could update the rom even without SP or CWM. I don't know that, but I doubt it. Maybe Gizbeat can confirm it, since he already have it installed?
So you uploading the "INEW V3-C LeWa - OTA" version which can be updated through recovery?
(2014-02-11, 01:39)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]So you uploading the "INEW V3-C LeWa - OTA" version which can be updated through recovery?

Yes. Currently at 82%. I downloaded it first because I prefer upgrading through CWM.
Later I can try uploading SP Flash version too if anyone's interested.
Does anyone knows if this version merges the internal storage?
And if we update from recovery we will lose the internal storage (in case we still have 1.0.3 with expanded application's partition size)?
nikstar, I think merges

Screen of my device data storage:
(Sorry for russian language on it)
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register][Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8