www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Incoming Ulefone U7 + extras! Have you ordered yours yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi,
I've got my U69 (same as U7) yesterday.
The wireless display doesn't work: I cannot activate it. With my old MTK6589 phone it worked perfectly with a Samsung TV.
Has anyone got it working ?

I also haven't soft buttons backlight with this stock firmware: 2719_v92_gq3015_20140322

Best regards,
cdr
@ChrisX Nice! Mine showed up on Tuesday as planned. Glad you are loving your's to Big Grin.

The screen is definitely extremely high quality. Rich colors, super crisp imagery, and OMG the brightness lol. I had to get a screen dimmer app for in the evening. It was hurting my eyes on minimum when I was outside enjoying some hookah and when I showed my friend something it almost put him into shock :p.

I am also having great signal strength all around like you except my GPS is locking super fast. I get an approximate lock immediately and it dials it in within 15 seconds. I'm loving that case too but I've also got the button positions down more or less. They actually sent me an extra case somehow or another so that's perfect for the in-dash-mount I'm going to do.

It seems that the root tool link is for donators only because I can't access it Sad. No ill effects from the root? Yeah the whole backlight thing is pretty dang weird. I was reading on a czech or russian forum and if the crap translation was correct then they confirmed that the LED's were removed entirely Sad as Yatay said.

@cdr Welcome to the forums! How are you liking your phone?

About the backlights, we're talking about that right now plus there is more further back. I have yet to try the wireless display though as I don't have wifi on my TV but I will try it at work.

My firmware is 2719_v92_gq3015_20140326
Thank you Smiling

I like my Ulefone U69, a part from button backlights and wireless display problem. The display is crisp and has very wide viewing angle. However sometime it is a bit laggy, as it was my old quadcore MTK6589 ...

Anyone tried this firmware: 2719_v92_gq3015_20140331 ? It is available on needrom.com
Is there any other firmware ?

Best regards,
cdr
@cdr I actually downloaded that firmware a little bit ago but haven't installed it yet.

I'm having zero problems with lag so I imagine a firmware update will fix that for you. The button backlight thing is annoying but I'm adapting.

Ungh...tried to install the new firmware with SP flash tools before I posted this and it doesn't seem to recognize the phone...pdanet is installed Sad

EDIT: nevermind, it is flashing now. I had to install the MTK preloader driver

OK, just an initial impression here but the 0331 update seems to have vastly improved digitizer sensitivity/accuracy. One particular location that I noticed(my experience and videos) had issues was scrollable menus in settings such as languages. The glitch of accidentally selecting items is gone. Might not have to remove the screen protector after all Smiling.
Hi,

thank you for trying the firmware, let us know if there is any improvement, thanks.

For wireless display, can you check if you can enable it ? You can do it also without a TV. Mine cannot be enabled Sad

Best regards,
cdr
No prob. Besides the sensitivity improvement we'll have to see tomorrow. Sleepy time

For the wireless display it just brings me into the settings and says to turn wireless display on...just like if you clicked wifi but it was off.
(2014-04-25, 18:15)Pirate_Freder Wrote: [ -> ]No prob. Besides the sensitivity improvement we'll have to see tomorrow. Sleepy time

For the wireless display it just brings me into the settings and says to turn wireless display on...just like if you clicked wifi but it was off.

Yes, wireless display is off and cannot be switched on.
On my MTK6589 phone with Android 4.2.2 there is a switch on wireless display setting to enable it. On the U7 there isn't such a switch...

Regarding button backlight, the Tronsmart PS7 seems to have it. So, is it a different hardware ?

Best regards,
cdr
(2014-04-25, 20:54)cdr Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding button backlight, the Tronsmart PS7 seems to have it. So, is it a different hardware ?

The 2 PS7 owners here (myself and ChrisX) reported lack of backlight on capacitive buttons.
Yes, i have PS7 and my buttons does not light.
To solve your problems with lags (scrolling) ... Go to Developer options and activate "Force GPU Rendering". Try it Smiling
@ Nickos & ChrisX
Thank you, I'll try it Smiling

On your PS7, does wireless display work ? Is there the switch to enable it in display options ?

Best regards,
cdr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8