www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Incoming Ulefone U7 + extras! Have you ordered yours yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2014-05-04, 12:57)davedfx Wrote: [ -> ]I Downloaded needrom firmware ans SP tools. Installed drivers on Win 7 but still i can't upgrade firmware.

is there another tool to flash? eg Odin?

No, Odin does not work!!!

What kind of error message? Please do NOT "Firmware- Upgrade", only "Download"!!! You must not flash PRELOADER, disable the "Preloader"!
And before you flash other ROM, please make backup with MTK Droid Tools!
(2014-05-04, 20:56)ChrisX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-04, 12:57)davedfx Wrote: [ -> ]I Downloaded needrom firmware ans SP tools. Installed drivers on Win 7 but still i can't upgrade firmware.

is there another tool to flash? eg Odin?

No, Odin does not work!!!

What kind of error message? Please do NOT "Firmware- Upgrade", only "Download"!!! You must not flash PRELOADER, disable the "Preloader"!
And before you flash other ROM, please make backup with MTK Droid Tools!

It worked after I installed drivers from mediatek website MTKUsbAll_0.8.2

I selected upgrade firmware and did not disable preloader. It's updated will there be problems? Instructions on needrom website is not clear.

I didn't do a backup since i didn't have any data i want to keep.

My phone seems to be ok.

Are there any tips and sites for boot animation? Really hate the WELCOME bootscreen and carpad

Thanks
If you lose connection during flash process of preloader image or flash wrong preloader, you can brick your phone and it is no longer recognized by pc.
Before i'm flashing other firmware, i make a full backup with mtk droid tools (no user data!). This backup is flashable with spflashtool. Included in the backup are the correct scatter file, preloader, boot and uboot image. I only use the scatter file from my backup to flash other firmware, or parts of other firmware. Thumbs Up
I also make a backup every few weeks with cwm recovery -> included all user data and cache!

Quote:Are there any tips and sites for boot animation? Really hate the WELCOME bootscreen and carpad

You can change or edit your bootanimation in /system/media/bootanimation.zip.
You can find many bootanimations @ www, and some apps to change @ google play. But your phone must be rooted!

All @ your own risk! No backup, no changes in system! Cool
Thanks for your kind information

(2014-05-02, 17:19)cdr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-02, 09:28)akwangwu Wrote: [ -> ]DOes ulefone u7 support wireless display transfer to tv? Is that built-in otg cable in the package? Support nfc? Wireless charger, support air gesture? Thanks in advanced

Here is what MobileUncle Tool report in EngineerMode -> connectivity:
- Bluetooth
- CDS Information
- FM Receiver
- NFC (MT6605)
- NFC DTA
- WiFi
- WiFi CTIA
- WiFi Display

Wireless display works with firmware 2719_v92_gq3015_20140410
OTG is supported but the cable is not provided.
NFC is optional.
Air gesture supported.
Wireless charger not supported (IMHO)

Best regards,
cdr
Hi,

I've just installed Carpad T69 firmware (20140410_e2719_v92_gq3015) on my Ulefone U69: no Carpad customizations are present.
I've tested wireless display with my Samsung 40F6500 (used as PC monitor Big Grin) and it works well but with no improvement respect my old quad core phablet. It works till a distance of about 10m
Also the 64GB Samsung UHS-1 micro SD works without problem (but in FAT32).

Best regards,
cdr
Are you guys sleeping ?

It's time to flash Big Grin

New U7 firmware update was posted on Needrom, build dated 20140423.
Since the log says "camera driver"... well, they had me at "camera".
Just like Carpad 20140410 version, this one is clean/generic, without customizations.
I didn't notice any improvements (since yesterday), it feels as solid as the earlier versions. It may have taken a small bite out of Antutu score.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

20140423 xieshengtao
Update platform issues

20140422 xieshengtao
ov13850mipi_raw effects software

20140416 xieshengtao
2: In the video condition, adjust the video quality is high, fine, black bars appear on both sides, to help cancel.
3: Open the camera status screen under the requirements of the brightest state, the default state of 4:3 preview.
6: There is a video file named ulfone renamed in memory file name:. Video.

20140415 xieshengtao
Add camera driver: ov13850mipi_raw
Optimization "holster does not appear fully open and then close the non-functional" problems
It seems that new Sony M-800 has the same hardware as Ulefone U7 !
(2014-05-14, 22:41)cdr Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that new Sony M-800 has the same hardware as Ulefone U7 !

From where did you get this information? I cant find link to this phone?!
(2014-05-15, 02:31)ChrisX Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
hi Guys

Want to sell my ulefone u7 (orient mega phone). Only two issues : original charger not working properly and imei issue when you factory reset phone. Other than that, phone works great. Less than two weeks use. Comes with an orange case. I decided to change with a huawei honor x1.
Price is 150 $. Payment thru Paypal.
thx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8