www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew v3 1.1.4 is terminamted, instead we will get official android 4.4. Kitkat rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2014-06-04, 21:23)Mokus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-04, 20:35)nunytes Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe in iNew anymore if they don't do anything and I will never bought nothing from this brand again.

Totally agree! It would be much better getting a fully working, stable ROM based on 4.2.2 than waiting for another months for KitKat full of bugs and errors. If that's the case I will sell my piece of bugbox and buy another brand with proper updates and official releases.

I also agree. inew is unfortunately totally UNRELIABLE company .I had send them emails asking for updates, new rom etc. and then didn't answer even one of them.
I will never buy again inew staff.
Welcome to the world of cheap China phones fellas. I've had about 10 phones over the last 3 years and not one of them was perfect. Some of them were Samsung and HTC. Each and every one had some sort of issue. These were well respected brands as well. Not poopoo clones. Write Jiayu and THL or Doogee or any China manufacturer and beg them for a new ROM and see what your result is.

I had the iNew V3 in January. It was fine other than the charging issue. I didn't expect any more out of it than what I got for the money I spent. OTG, GPS worked no problem.
(2014-06-04, 21:59)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the world of cheap China phones fellas. I've had about 10 phones over the last 3 years and not one of them was perfect. Some of them were Samsung and HTC. Each and every one had some sort of issue. These were well respected brands as well. Not poopoo clones. Write Jiayu and THL or Doogee or any China manufacturer and beg them for a new ROM and see what your result is.

I had the iNew V3 in January. It was fine other than the charging issue. I didn't expect any more out of it than what I got for the money I spent. OTG, GPS worked no problem.

Doogee has actually released Kitkat 4.4 for the DG800...

Agree with you for the rest , but good roms always come from chefs , not from factory and they should release the kernel and drivers code. This is what we only should ask-NAG.....
Then we can build our own rom , exactly how we like it.

Now if it is a hardware problem , the product should be replaced! Full stop!
(2014-06-04, 23:21)batsilos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-04, 21:59)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the world of cheap China phones fellas. I've had about 10 phones over the last 3 years and not one of them was perfect. Some of them were Samsung and HTC. Each and every one had some sort of issue. These were well respected brands as well. Not poopoo clones. Write Jiayu and THL or Doogee or any China manufacturer and beg them for a new ROM and see what your result is.

Doogee has actually released Kitkat 4.4 for the DG800...

Agree with you for the rest , but good roms always come from chefs , not from factory and they should release the kernel and drivers code. This is what we only should ask-NAG.....
Then we can build our own rom , exactly how we like it.

Now if it is a hardware problem , the product should be replaced! Full stop!

iNew has released several new ROMs for their phone as well. My reply was referring to contacting manufacturers and requesting bugs be fixed and seeing what kind of result you get. If you get any reply at all.

Doogee actually has ROMs up that brick people phones because they have the wrong LCD drivers as part of the ROM.

There is something you lose when you buy a smartphone for $100-200 as opposed to $600-800. Someone has to pay for employees to repair phones, quality checking, customer service, product recalls. Top or even mediocre services like these don't come out of thin air. It costs way more for a company to provide them than it does to produce the phones. You want to start paying $300-400 for the phones we're currently paying $100-$200 for? Not me.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult for some to accept or understand. But there it is. You buy something cheap, and from an overseas based manufacturer with little to no retail support even in China... I'm amazed and pleased at what we get for the price.
(2014-06-04, 20:35)nunytes Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe in iNew anymore if they don't do anything and I will never bought nothing from this brand again.

Totally agree! It would be much better getting a fully working, stable ROM based on 4.2.2 than waiting for another months for KitKat full of bugs and errors. If that's the case I will sell my piece of bugbox and buy another brand with proper updates and official releases.

Do the other (cheap) Chinese brands properly update their products?
I read in a rebranded inew v3 phones topic (Hungary Concorde 5005) that that the dealer released newly shipped phones with 1.1.4 rom.
(2014-06-05, 03:15)tywin Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know and I don't care. My next phone will be something like the new thl's with more than 4000mha batteries. It's my major problem, all the rest is fine.
I agree with batsilos they should release the source code for us, Yes MTK isn't open source but that doesn't stop Lenovo releasing the Kernal source,

Lenovo S850 which is similar to our device isn't even released yet and they have already shared the Kernel Source for it. Blu Products is another who releases Kernel Sources.

Even sharing the source under NDA to recognized devs is another option.
Keep on mind that the companies are buying the files from MTK and they are not cheep. It is quite expensive and the small companies cannot afford it or it will affect the price of a product.
(2014-06-05, 03:15)tywin Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't care about other chinese brands, I have this phone and I only expect to have what Inew told in the specification (or even less). They mentioned air gesture but it doesn't work, OK for me. NFC works with some type of NFC cards, not all, OK for me. But GPS navigation is so common and is everyday use nowadays and I don't want to wait for KitKat, proper navigation is more important. THL and Jiayu (which my friends have) could make the navigation work well, don't loose signal, so Inew should work on that too first.

junkpod, if you happen to find a link to the official 1.1.4 downloaded from these phones, please share with us. Basically Inew should have released it already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32