www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Graphical Easy Root MTK6589 MTK6575 MTK6577
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2013-06-18, 14:14)kaushikpadmakar Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-06-18, 14:14)kaushikpadmakar Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Good luck
Pierre
(2013-06-19, 18:24)PIERRE ZERBIB Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Good luck
Pierre

Yes. This method won't root all phones, but it will root most.

As far as drivers, please try PDAnet drivers for the purpose of simplicity. They are extremely easy to install.

(2013-06-19, 17:18)rey69 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

We already see it's helped several people, but keep in mind that building CWM is a last resort (unless you want to do it for fun and learning - in which case, by all means, have at it.). If you've got a CWM for your phone already, things will be much simpler.
Used this on 2 phones we got last week

Note 3 Android 4.2 3G Phablet with 6 inch IPS WVGA Screen MTK6589 Quad Core 1GB RAM Dual Cameras GPS (Royal Blue)

MTK6589 is my model

rooted in seconds

now if i could get the signal to stop dropping whenever i enable 3G, i will have something.
The tutorial is down, just a blank page...

I went ahead to try and root the i9977. Just got a really, really tough error. During the process it appeared the drivers tried to install, but failed. Is this a result of the VCOM drivers missing? I installed the PDAnet drivers, and the MTKdroid Tool can detect my phone. I'm not sure if the drivers work or not...
No, it just means that particular root failed for your phone. Follow Gizbeat 101 Root Process.

Thanks for the heads up about Gizbeat.com. I was modifying some files and pasted the wrong header. Oops. Should be fixed now.
(2013-07-07, 23:18)Kasumi Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
He explains it here:[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For the Vcom drivers used in Rey69's tutorial,before all, i had to clean previous pdanet drivers installations and for that, this other tutorial helped me also:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Good luck
Pierre

(2013-05-24, 01:59)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

As tested by ChrisX. You can root with this, then install Superuser or SuperSU from Play and then delete Kinguser. However, if your phone is rootable with the other root method, you might want to use the other method to save yourself the extra step.

Please share this file, but retain original file link and post a link to chinaphonearena.com forum home page. Much appreciated.

If you get a Blank page to the tutorial
Here is the page i saved:[attachment=259]
Pierre
Thanks for the replies guys Smiling

I'm curious if trying various rooting methods can lead to a brick? I honestly don't want to mess around with many methods if there's a risk. Can these be tried without any risks at all?
(2013-07-08, 23:13)Kasumi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies guys Smiling

I'm curious if trying various rooting methods can lead to a brick? I honestly don't want to mess around with many methods if there's a risk. Can these be tried without any risks at all?

Obviously there's no guarantee, but I've never known someone to brick from these methods.
(2013-07-08, 23:23)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously there's no guarantee, but I've never known someone to brick from these methods.

Hmm, think I'll hold out for now, if there's a risk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9