www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Zenfone 2] How to root Zenfone 2 & change CN to WW flash tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2015-12-04, 23:06)Aunee Wrote: [ -> ]Gizbat, why I cant OTA update now? whenever I try to search update after sometime nothing happens. But my big brother who owns 4gb version, he gets 0.139 update Sad

Gizbat Big Grin. Depends on many things. Your phone has a serial #. If you're on a ROM not original for your phone, the OTA doesn't come. Just manually DL and install it. No big deal.
thx very much , this tutorial works for me and i finally solved the reading contacts bug and uninstall crashes , tested on zenfone 2 bought on tinydeal this rooted rom works in Mexico , telcel wifi and data all clear , thx
Hi and thanks for the beautiful thread.
I updated my phone through your tutorial. But as you claimed, it is not rooted. What could be the reason?
Let me tell you that immediately after installation, I got a message that new update is available, so I updated to the latest version my asus zenfone 2.
my zenfone 2 CN was hardbrick, cause failed flashing and now just USB logo appear.
hold power + vol up fail, (stuck) can't use recovery mode.
please help me mr. Gizbeat Rolleyes

sorry with my bad english.

[attachment=2830]
(2016-02-03, 18:47)kangadhi Wrote: [ -> ]my zenfone 2 CN was hardbrick, cause failed flashing and now just USB logo appear.

I think with this phone should hold volume up + volume down + power for recovery.

Did you try to connect through adb? Maybe it is in some adb bootloader mode.
(2016-02-03, 23:16)IMgroot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-03, 18:47)kangadhi Wrote: [ -> ]my zenfone 2 CN was hardbrick, cause failed flashing and now just USB logo appear.

I think with this phone should hold volume up + volume down + power for recovery.

Did you try to connect through adb? Maybe it is in some adb bootloader mode.

Ok and.. now
Asus logo appear but stuck.
still like that for along time
Bump, I've finally bought a Win 10 and got round to updating my phone with this thread everything went well, big thanks to Gizbeat.. Icons and status bar are a lot smaller now?
Re flashed this time I did a factory reset and wiped cache also made sure that only the files that are in the tutorial pic were in the folder and this time it worked a treat with status bar and text size back to normal. ;)
(2016-03-13, 02:19)karlzberg Wrote: [ -> ]Re flashed this time I did a factory reset and wiped cache also made sure that only the files that are in the tutorial pic were in the folder and this time it worked a treat with status bar and text size back to normal. ;)

Excellent, man. Thanks for taking the time to report. Can help the next user if they experience the same issue.
any update about official 6.0 rom setup guide Mr.Giz? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7