www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New iNew i6000 firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
They may be working on another ROM, being an Android 4.3 version; at least this is what was answered to a customer's question. They may have put the present iNew ROM on the site to at least have one version online, because customers are asking for it all the time.
(2013-09-21, 16:21)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]They may be working on another ROM, being an Android 4.3 version; at least this is what was answered to a customer's question. They may have put the present iNew ROM on the site to at least have one version online, because customers are asking for it all the time.

Having the latest factory ROM available is important, especially to early purchasers who did not have it included with their i6000 and anyone who may need to restore the factory software.

I would be amazed if they ever create an i6000 build based on 4.3, but there's nothing wrong with hope. Big Grin
(2013-09-22, 03:48)pufferaway Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-09-22, 06:46)Squier Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
What amuses me about the whole "4.3" discussion is that using an early version of any software is counterproductive, unless it's your job to debug it or you're just a pain junky. I don't want the first build... I want the final build... let someone else deal with the flawed system and give me the one that works as intended! According to the xls file info in the ROM folder, this is build #7 for the i6000... I think it's an excellent build.
(2013-09-22, 08:31)pufferaway Wrote: [ -> ]What amuses me about the whole "4.3" discussion is that using an early version of any software is counterproductive, unless it's your job to debug it or you're just a pain junky. I don't want the first build... I want the final build... let someone else deal with the flawed system and give me the one that works as intended! According to the xls file info in the ROM folder, this is build #7 for the i6000... I think it's an excellent build.

Heresy! Big Grin

We all are supposed to get the latest and greatest software and hardware, and if things go wrong, the manufacturer will fix 'em..maybe..Cool
(2013-09-22, 08:39)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Heresy! Big Grin

We all are supposed to get the latest and greatest software and hardware, and if things go wrong, the manufacturer will fix 'em..maybe..Cool

In the perfect fantasy world... yes! CrazySmile
I love modding, so don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about customization. What I'm speaking about is factory builds, especially as a backstop when flashing your device with custom ROMS or encountering any software conflicts in general; Plenty of crap happens with normal app installations over time. You should always have access to a solid factory ROM for restoration.
Did you flash the stock factory ROM yet or intend to anytime soon?
How long did the download take?
(2013-09-22, 09:04)pufferaway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 08:39)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Heresy! Big Grin

In the perfect fantasy world... yes! CrazySmile
I love modding, so don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about customization. What I'm speaking about is factory builds, especially as a backstop when flashing your device with custom ROMS or encountering any software conflicts in general; Plenty of crap happens with normal app installations over time. You should always have access to a solid factory ROM for restoration.
Understood. Was kidding.

(2013-09-22, 09:04)pufferaway Wrote: [ -> ]Did you flash the stock factory ROM yet or intend to anytime soon?
How long did the download take?

Download took about one hour, after missus stopped her movie stream.

No, I did not flash it. Am I expected to do so? Is it better than my xperia 2?
(2013-09-22, 09:23)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Download took about one hour, after missus stopped her movie stream.

No, I did not flash it. Am I expected to do so? Is it better than my xperia 2?

That's a fast download... good to hear!
No, there's no expectation for you, in particular, to flash it... just interested to know if this is a stock factory ROM package and that which came loaded on my i6000.
Better than your xperia 2? I would not venture to tell you what is better for your i6000! Elvis
I downloaded everything, but I just don't have the will to do it... to start fresh and reinstall everything.
Has anyone else tried it? Is it the same as the official 0808 Firefly rom (aside from branding, of course)?
Does anyone know how to install this Rom? I tried with CWM, but that didn't work.

And the documentation is in Chinese, which unfortunately I am unable to read Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9