www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New iNew i6000 firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I mean did you make any tweaks to your build.prop file after you flashed?
(2014-02-15, 00:17)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean did you make any tweaks to your build.prop file after you flashed?

No I didn't touch anything, Like I mentioned in the first message, I read the phone with spflash immediately after loading, no touchies, just made a CMW from a clean install.
Have u had any luck with those source codes I a gave ya
(2014-02-24, 13:03)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Have u had any luck with those source codes I a gave ya

I haven't delved into them much, but I did find out how to compile and load them on a phone. There is very minimal documentation provided on how to compile these so I have alot of searching through to figure out exactly what steps needs to be done.

Here's what I go so far,
First you have to create an image from these build files with mkimage (But which read file do use to create the image - still searching for that one)
Then you have to load that image to your phone with uboot.

All this software is linux based and I'm still reading through the megs of data provided to confirm the build files.

As for the software
Simply installing these tools in linux is a task on it's own. Uboot is not available through normal distros anymore I have to add the reference servers to my linux distros list and then I have to manually sudo the install. That's where I took a pause.

So I've figured out which software is needed, and I've found out which files I need to be read to compile an image, and I figured out how to load the phone. but I still have not loaded the software on my linux box.

What I want to do next is see if I can VMWare this distro and see if it's worth the pain of trying to get this into rom format, and I still cannot confirm if this will work with inew or not.
.....wow thank God you know all of this. For me its i wouldnt have had a clue. Thank u for all the hard work with this. Cant wait to hear more bout it.
(2014-02-25, 22:28)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ].....wow thank God you know all of this. For me its i wouldnt have had a clue. Thank u for all the hard work with this. Cant wait to hear more bout it.

I finally made a ROM from that Life view (it was a lot of reading but in the end it was simple to do), but there's no point in continuing with it.
I does not contain a camera app, and the frequencies for data trans is not the same as the inew. But I am going to rip the background pics and some minor stuff from it.
But there is no point in continuing with it as it's not compatible with our phone.

If you want a CMW of it I can post that at your request.

And by the way, how did those other files I posted work for you? I'd like to know if it worked out ok.
Thanks yes if you could post it I would appreciate it. Also the Dev had been busy so he is suppose extract everything next week
(2014-02-28, 07:23)Dvalin21 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

This file was created with uboot software and saved in CMW format. Included in the zip file is the 3G modem APK file for people from Europe as the original does not contain the proper 3G for that region.

Take Care.
my inew i6000 have a green screen problem with camera... can i fix this problem with this firmware upgrade.
i downloaded from inewmobile instruction but in chinese. anyone have this instruction in english?
(2014-03-12, 21:53)frozenass Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Make sure your using VCom drivers:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Downloaded the proper Rom file from the inewphone site, [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&id=200000252

Follow the instructions from this video, but use the scatter file from the inew ROM folder. The download agent and factory database are in the folder with the SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject software :

For the inew's camera use these settings:
Camera Main: OV12830mini_raw
SUB: hi253_yuv
LCM: LT065ANRP0001A
(Click unlock everytime you want to change a setting)

Open your phone and remove the battery, and get the usb cable ready.
In SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject software I made sure the setting we're like in the video then I clicked "start all".
Replace the battery in the phone then plug in the usb cable to your computer.
and wait about 4 to 5 minutes until one of the com ports shows WR OK - means the write was ok.

Once it is done - I unplugged the phone, and turned it on. It will take over 4 minutes to reboot.

Good Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9