www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New iNew i6000 firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello I see everyone is really loving the ROMs but I was hoping that someone could convert the latest stock ROM to a flashable cwm for me? As this is what I prefer and just in case in my experimenting can get the phone to pickup on the computer anymore. Thank you.Oh and iI use TWRP for my i6000
I finally had the chance to put this ROM on my i6000 2/32

Do not use SP_Flash -- this will not install the camera, I did this the first time and I had no camera.

So I downloaded the proper Rom file from the inewphone site.

I did not use the rom from the inewmobile site. But I did get the SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject from there.

I did "SORT OF" follow the instructions from this video:

So I started the SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject software as in the video and follow the instructions there.
For the inew's camera:
Camera Main: OV12830mini_raw
SUB: hi253_yuv
LCM: LT065ANRP0001A
(Click unlock everytime you want to change a setting)
I made sure the setting we're like in the video then I clicked "START ALL".
Then when I plugged in my phone it did UL on COM3 but then it crapped out.
This is where I noticed a few minor difficulties. But also be patient, give it some time to sync up.

So I clicked STOP then Start ALL again, unplugged the phone, removed the battery, put the battery back in and replugged the phone, it did the next step up to 100 % then crapped out again.
So a third time I clicked stop then start all, unplugged the phone, took the battery out then the battery back in, plugged it back in. and this time the Rom loaded.

Once it was done - I unplugged the phone, and turned it on. It did take over 4 minutes to reboot.
But everything is working properly, camera and all. And what I noticed is that the camera is now capturing at 18megapixel (not 13) - I'm ok with that.

The one hickup that I have found with this version (from reading) is that some people are reporting that the touch is not accurate. I have to correct this, the touch is perfect - there are no issues with the touch, what I have noticed is a swipping problem. it seems that the front camera acts as a swipe, so if you pass your hand/finger in front of the camera it will act like a left to right swipe accross the screen.

All in all this seems to be a nice ROM.

Correction: there is a gesture sensing in the setting menu...
And I have to re-root the phone, install TWRP, Blah Blah Blah - LoL .............

-----------------------------------------
Just finished installing Titanium and noticed something weird.
In titanium pro it states at the bottom
System ROM: 825 MB (85.5 MB free)
Internal: 5.67 GB (5.31 GB free)
Media 24.4 GB (24.0 GB free)

Now after checking the Setting / Storage it shows
Internal storage : 5.28 GB Total - 4.95GB Available - 200 MB Apps - 25.10 MB Cached data
Phone Storage: 22.76GB Total - 22.36GB Available - 1.28MB Apps - ....

----------------------------------------
So what is the actual break up of this.
The numbers don't add up, just curious. And why would Titanium be showing only a 910.5 Meg Rom partition???
Rookal, I have a few people who are ready to chop and dice the and make better this rom for us. The only thing they need so a good rom dup from the phone. Can you do that and post it back here? I will also make sure to have them look at your post. Also, could you take some pictures with the back camera? I've had the crappiest look with the custom roms even with the original rom that my phone came with. Its like not sync right with the flash so taking pictures in dark places is a no go. Thanks in advance.
(2014-02-10, 23:47)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Rookal, I have a few people who are ready to chop and dice the and make better this rom for us. The only thing they need so a good rom dup from the phone. Can you do that and post it back here? I will also make sure to have them look at your post. Also, could you take some pictures with the back camera? I've had the crappiest look with the custom roms even with the original rom that my phone came with. Its like not sync right with the flash so taking pictures in dark places is a no go. Thanks in advance.

I certainly can do that, but it'll have to wait a few more days at the least, I'm working the next 3 nights.
I reloaded all my crap on it so I'll redo the phone again, and note the exact steps.
And I'll post some pics taken during the day and at night with the flash.

Do you have a preferred method of dump format?
(2014-02-10, 23:47)Dvalin21 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I hope Mega is fast enough for everyone, The other sites most of these files reside on are real slow, unfortunately.

This is a direct dump from within TWRP, I accidentally put the scatter file in the TWRP directory, just delete it.
As soon as I have a chance, I'll put up a CMW with the scatter file, and do the pics and all that. Might be a day or so.

I hope this helps.
OH!!! One more thing. I received the source code for the BLU Life View which is a MTK6589 CPU. (Source for the kernel) Maybe this will be of use to one of the devs or yourself? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!

We sincerely apologize for the delay for the Kernel Source Codes that you have requested. Included in this email you will find the instructions on how to download the Kernel Source Code.

In order for you to download the Kernel Source Code for your device, please follow these steps (Please keep in mind that the password will only be active for 1 week):
1. Download “FileZilla” using this link: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. Once you download “FileZilla” is downloaded and installed, you must login using the following credentials (case-sensitive).
• Host: 173.221.31.148
• Username: BluKernel
• Password: abc123$
• Port: 21
3. Once you have inserted the login credentials, please press “Quick Connect”.
(2014-02-13, 02:49)Dvalin21 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. Once you download “FileZilla” is downloaded and installed, you must login using the following credentials (case-sensitive).
• Host: 173.221.31.148
• Username: BluKernel
• Password: abc123$
• Port: 21
3. Once you have inserted the login credentials, please press “Quick Connect”.

Wow, Nice, looks like the source codes for 7 different MT6589 phones. There all Jelly Bean 4.2, Hmmm. Guess I'll have a bit of comparing to see if there's a match in phones and if one of these have a better OS with tools than what we have. VMWare's gonna hate me with all these builds - LoL.

Edit:
Not sure as to why they would give us access to these files,these are the kernel builders, there not even compiled yet. Nice catch. Not many would know what to do with these. Now to figure out all the make commands it needs, nice to have the files, but figuring them out will be a different story.

"Bash it,, I'm telling you,, you're gonna have to Bash it" - LoL
"But Grep keeps gripping"
Here's a CWM of the 20130807_e2006v20_v89t_cxq2_fhd_inew update.

I reloaded the phone from scratch and only switched it on once to do the scatter file and then did the spflash read and dump and saved it in CWM format. This is a clean install. I did not rename the files like I was supposed too, I didn't realize I forgot to do that till after I uplaoded the file. It's simple enough just rename the recovery and boot images.

Let me know how this works for you. A bit of feedback to confirm that it works for others would be nice.

When I created the file and set the parameters in SPFlash I over read the memory, to make sure I got all the info, I only needed to go to hex address 0x03a80000 and I read the file to 0x06000000 making sure I got all the info in my read.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hey What build.prop tweaks did you use?
(2014-02-14, 01:25)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey What build.prop tweaks did you use?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by build prop/tweaks.

I used MK Droid tools version 252 and SP Flash Tool version 3.1344.0.212.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9