www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New iNew i6000 firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2013-11-01, 01:47)sebaa Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear : the download link that you give me has rescue my phone end camera's. I have NOT back up my phone.
Thank you, Sebaa, for taking the time to explain!

When you used firmware downloaded directly from inewphone.com, you had problem. Firmware download from my sugarsync share worked OK for you.
Hello
Quote:When you used firmware downloaded directly from inewphone.com, you had problem. Firmware download from my sugarsync share worked OK for you.

No , only low speed, i meen very low download speed from inew(pan.baibu). Decent speed from sugarsync.

Quote:If above is correct, then here's the problem: They are the same firmware! The copy I uploaded to sugarsync was downloaded from inewphone.com.

Let me tell you a littel history what i have done.
1) i have buy the phone i6000
2) after 2-3 weeks i have enter the website of inewphone end see the new rom aka [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] then flashit end problems starts.
3.) A quick search for the rom , most of searchs was buying the phone , then registred to 2-3 forums , one was this ,end ask for rom.
4 ) you give me the link's for rom end i flash it . thanks Big Grin
5) with more time to spend on pc i have done a deep search end found the blog inew " aka [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] end the user with the lots of rom"
So that it.
Quote:Maybe there was a problem with some downloaded data or something unknown occurred during flash process that caused problem, but there is not clear evidence for cause of failure in this case.
I'm thinking the problem was with: new rom(in rom ,bad drivers, no camera app, no enough time to play/test/optimizate the rom) .... end the program that i flash it "SP_Flash_Tool".

PS: Also i rember that the new rom(point 2) end the stock one that came with the phone are not the same , i meen in Setting >About phone> version of Android was the same 4.2.1 , base/kernel/compilation/ was NOT the same. Also the new rom was bigger in .rar(788 MB) end also unpack(1.200 MB-1500MB). The stock litter ... rar(721 MB) ...unpack( less that 1 GB).
Thank you for the detail, Sebaa, it is very helpful!

I have analyzed the firmware package from inewphone.com and did find it to be different. The outer folder lists it as 20130911_e2006v20_v89_cxq2_fhd_inew, which would indicate a later build.

I also sent an email to an iNew representative describing the problems and requesting detailed instructions for using any iNew firmware that is posted on their website.
This includes:
1. Do we need to use SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject tool or can SP Flash Tool be used?
2. If we need SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject, what specific sensor information is required for successful flash?
3. Does it affect all iNew model firmware on the website?

I will post on the other related [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] that points to inewphone.com and make it clear that problems may exist with that firmware.

I will post any update as soon as I have more information and hope others will do the same!

(p.s. I edited my post above to avoid confusing anyone who reads this thread.)
Well, I have tried one more thing to fix my camera.
I wanted to try flash the phone using the right sensor parameters (thanks to Pufferaway !)

To find out which sensors are on your camera you need to open a phone app en dial:
*#*#114#*#*
in a few cases you will need to dial :
*#*#116#*#*
Then you can exactly see sensors for both cameras.
This information you can enter in the flash tool SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.

Unfortunately, cameras are still dead!

As far as the ROM version is concernerd, you can see the build when you open the XLS file included in the firmaware download. There you can find the whole history of all builds.
The one I used was inew_20130807

Do you have ROM where newer date is stated in XLS file ???

Any extra info is welcome since a certified Samsung service point said that my Inew hardware is perfect and that it must be a software problem.

Thnaks a lot,
Hanna
The other firmware package that includes folder name 20130911_e2006v20_v89_cxq2_fhd_inew can be downloaded [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

To be clear, there is no XLS file in this package and no change documentation.
The overall package size is bigger; 2.06 GB w/32 items as compared to 20130807 package size of 1.01 GB w/30 items.
The link above is the same download location you get through inewphone.com.
(2013-11-02, 06:41)pufferaway Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

To be clear, there is no XLS file in this package and no change documentation.
The overall package size is bigger; 2.06 GB w/32 items as compared to 20130807 package size of 1.01 GB w/30 items.
The link above is the same download location you get through inewphone.com.

So, tried this one too.
It took sooo long to boot ! I was sure the phone will not start any more Confused
Even started up flash tool (SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject) to put the old image back.
And suddenly I got the picture :-)
You get completely different look ! Do not even need to check build number. Everything looks different !
BUT:
Camera's are still not working. I am sending my Inew back to China Angry

Thank you anyhow!

Hanna
(2013-11-02, 17:52)hanna Wrote: [ -> ]So, tried this one too.
It took sooo long to boot ! I was sure the phone will not start any more Confused
Even started up flash tool (SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject) to put the old image back.
And suddenly I got the picture :-)
You get completely different look ! Do not even need to check build number. Everything looks different !
BUT:
Camera's are still not working. I am sending my Inew back to China Angry

Thank you anyhow!

Hanna

You're welcome, Hanna! Sorry it didn't solve the problem, but at least you tried everything you could to fix it before sending it back! I hope everything goes smoothly with the return process for you. Are they just sending you a replacement or giving you the money back for you to buy something elsewhere?
I really hope we get KitKat on this phone. My new Nexus 5 runs so smoothly it makes the I6000 look very,very old!
For anyone who wants to try the latest i6000 firmware (same package as found on inewphone.com) but doesn't want to fight with baidu.com download, I have uploaded the firmware package "iNew_i6000_20130911_build" [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

In order to successfully flash this, you may need to use the SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject tool which is [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. it works with the same VCom drivers as SP Flash Tool and you may follow use instruction from this .

Thanks to Hanna for this: To find sensor information to input into flash tool, you need to open a phone app and dial:
*#*#114#*#*
in a few cases you will need to dial :
*#*#116#*#*
You want sensor information for both cameras and display.
(2013-11-06, 07:30)Batfink32 Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope we get KitKat on this phone. My new Nexus 5 runs so smoothly it makes the I6000 look very,very old!
the nexus 5 has a Snapdragon 800 at 2.26g and adreno 320. increase in smoothness is more to do with the juice the Nexus 5 has than having kitkat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9