www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] Ranpha how to create CWM MTK6595, MTK6582, MTK6589, MTK6589T, MTK6577
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can we use bootimage of different firmware of same model phone and create CWM recovery ?
(2014-01-08, 14:59)thina Wrote: [ -> ]Can we use bootimage of different firmware of same model phone and create CWM recovery ?

You can try. Usually the ROM should be the same. CWM is ROM specific, but it depends on the changes between ROMS. Trying shouldn't hurt anything. The worst that may happen is boot loop or non-working recovery. Make sure to have a backup before you attempt it.
(2014-01-08, 16:18)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-08, 14:59)thina Wrote: [ -> ]Can we use bootimage of different firmware of same model phone and create CWM recovery ?

You can try. Usually the ROM should be the same. CWM is ROM specific, but it depends on the changes between ROMS. Trying shouldn't hurt anything. The worst that may happen is boot loop or non-working recovery. Make sure to have a backup before you attempt it.

Thanks..I already tried before before posting the query and now have non working recovery. Now i got the actual firmware and can i use the boot image of actual firmware now?
what's the busy box for? or it is either busy box or mobile uncle that you need to use?
You need BusyBox for the first 3 steps at [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I followed your steps successfully.

I can reboot in CWM when rebooting into recovery from MobileUncle tools.

The problem is that my phone reverts into stock chinese factory recovery mode when i am using the buttons combination(volume+ & boot) to boot into recovery mode.

Are there any ideas about that problem?
Hello, that is factory modes. Not recovery. Hold volume button the other way.
(2014-02-22, 16:04)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, that is factory modes. Not recovery. Hold volume button the other way.

Yes, i was messing with the wrong buttons combination. Holding (volume- & boot) goes into Chinese factory mode.
Holding (volume+ & boot) for about 6 seconds goes into recovery and fastboot mode.

Solved for me.Thank you very much.
Thanks, it works fine for my device O+8.36z mt6572-ext4.
Ranpha ...thanks for the great instructions....Just wanted to ask if its not a stupid question...Will the recovery image have all the apps and settings that where installed by the user etc or will it recover like a factory reset and all the apps and settings will have to be installed and reapplied again
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7