www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V3 Mod] Make your internal system storage 6GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This mod will give you 3.5 GB or 6GB internal system storage and 10.5GB or 8GB phone storage on iNew V3

Follow Post #4 for SD update, the tutorial below is for SP Flash.

What you'll need
What to do
  • Install ADB VCOM drivers
  • Extract EBR package
  • Extract and run SP Flash Tools
  • In SP Flash tools - Load the scatter from EBR package
  • Make sure your phone is off
  • In SP Flash tools - Click download
  • Connect USB data cable to phone and watch colors fly
  • Disconnect USB
  • Boot into recovery by holding VolUp+Power
  • Factory reset
Alternative steps
  • Before flashing, backup data with Titanium backup or recovery
  • After finish flashing EBR and factory reset, restore data with recovery or Titanium
Can i flash EBR1 and EBR2 from recovery, with update script containing
Code:
package_extract_file("EBR1", "/dev/ebr1");
package_extract_file("EBR2", "/dev/ebr2");
?
(2014-01-08, 02:06)zatycz Wrote: [ -> ]Can i flash EBR1 and EBR2 from recovery, with update script containing
Code:
package_extract_file("EBR1", "/dev/ebr1");
package_extract_file("EBR2", "/dev/ebr2");
?

Yes. That should work. If you develop the script, please email it to me so I can include it in the .rar for those who want to flash it through SD.
Yes, it works.

1. Backup files in Phone memory, because this operation will erase it
2. Download this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and place it on SD card
3. Boot into CWM recovery (Turn on phone, while holding Volume Up)
4. Make complete backup (backup and restore - backup)
5. Install dowloaded iNew_V3_6GB_data.zip (Install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard)
6. Restore from backup (backup and restore - restore)
7. Reboot
8. When phone write that Phone memory is corrupted, just format it as reccomended
9. Now you have 5,91 GB for apps and 7,85GB as Phone memory
Thanks so much! Can we maximize it to 13GB and just leave as little, if any for phone memory? Possible?
It is possible for sure, but why would someone need so much? Please note that 6GB is not the partition for the whole application, it's just for the APK files. Those located in Android folder (obb and data subfolder) are not on that partition, so in order to fully utilize 13GB, you would literaly have to install hundreds of big applications (with big APK file size). I don't see the point here?
On a practical level, you're right Smiling A few Gameloft games installed will fill this up, and when it comes to space, more is always better.
(2014-01-08, 22:23)cityfun Wrote: [ -> ]On a practical level, you're right Smiling A few Gameloft games installed will fill this up, and when it comes to space, more is always better.

No, you didn't get it. This way you won't even be able to install most of the Gameloft games, because those with more than 1GB in size will only put a couple of dozens of megabytes on 13GB partition, and the rest of the files (which reside in data or obb folders) you won't even be able to download, because by default they go into that small 1GB partition you would be left with. Get it? Unless ofcourse if you have an sd card and mount the obb and data folders to it. But the point here is that 13GB partition would be a terrible waste of space. Think about it.

EDIT: I would rather ask for a version with 2,5-4,0GB max, as I find even 6GB too much. Can we change the files to our liking, or does it require out-of-this-world expertise in order to do that? Smiling
Maybe I'm wrong, I have a Galaxy Note 2 with 16GB of device storage (10GB usable) and 4.3 rooted stock firmware installed which allows for moving the apps to SD card, and I max that out, thought this would be the same. There are some apps like Sygic which will crash when moved to SD card and needs to be kept in the phone storage together with their map data.

Is there a setting to default the installs to the SD card? There was one on the Zopo ZP700 which I had a ton of stuff installed but mostly on the SD card.
Yes, i think if we can tinker with the sizing, it'll be great to size to what works best for each user. Any tips on how to go about it? Many thanks in advance Smiling
cityfun, you aren't wrong. you can do the same with mediatek phones. all storage can be set to internal storage with EBR, then set install location to SD instead of phone storage. there will be no problems.

the only real reason to do this is for huge games that force you to install on system storage, such as gameloft games. there's no other real purpose to having so much space there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7