www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [CWM For All MTK] Easy Magic CWM MT6575 MT6515 MT6577, MT6517 MT6589 MT6582 MT6592
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Excuse me for my ignorance but I'm not very technical when it comes to this stuff.

Is my stock recovery now not gone as I've over written it with the cw recovery?
Is there a thread that explains how to do what you're saying?

(2014-04-18, 00:59)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-17, 19:47)dermo Wrote: [ -> ]The process finished for me on my Star (alps) mtk6592
But at the end when it tried to boot into recovery it stalled on the Android logo.
I removed the battery and its booting up fine and the phone still works however I cant get into the recovery it always stalls on the Android logo.

Any ideas?

This happens when something is different in your recovery.img, you would need to unpack your stock recovery.img and the cw_recovery.img and see what is missing most likely a module, if it's a module you need to add module to the cw-recovery.img and make a call to it via init.rc then repack and flash.
(2014-04-18, 01:11)dermo Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse me for my ignorance but I'm not very technical when it comes to this stuff.

Is my stock recovery now not gone as I've over written it with the cw recovery?
Is there a thread that explains how to do what you're saying?

(2014-04-18, 00:59)vampirefo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-17, 19:47)dermo Wrote: [ -> ]The process finished for me on my Star (alps) mtk6592
But at the end when it tried to boot into recovery it stalled on the Android logo.
I removed the battery and its booting up fine and the phone still works however I cant get into the recovery it always stalls on the Android logo.

Any ideas?

This happens when something is different in your recovery.img, you would need to unpack your stock recovery.img and the cw_recovery.img and see what is missing most likely a module, if it's a module you need to add module to the cw-recovery.img and make a call to it via init.rc then repack and flash.

Is anyone able to help?
I have searched the forum but can't find out how to extract the IMG file
Unpack tools:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&highlight=unpack

If you can't get this to work, I suggest you just make a standard recovery with MTK Droid Tools there are many tutorials on how to do it in the tutorials section.
(2014-04-18, 17:59)NexusTrix Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&highlight=unpack

If you can't get this to work, I suggest you just make a standard recovery with MTK Droid Tools there are many tutorials on how to do it in the tutorials section.

Thanks, where do I get the original IMG file to use with the tool though?
The original tool from the OP created a recovery.IMG and left it on my PC. Is that the stock img or the new CW img?
That should be the new one created by OP tool.

The tool nexustrix posted is used for unpacking. Get the original recovery and boot from your backup or stock ROM for your phone.
(2014-04-18, 18:22)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]That should be the new one created by OP tool.

The tool nexustrix posted is used for unpacking. Get the original recovery and boot from your backup or stock ROM for your phone.

OK great.
Do you know how I can extract my current CW recovery so that I can compare with the stock recovery?
The OP tool should put a copy on your PC, or at least give the option to... If I'm remember correctly.
(2014-04-18, 18:30)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]The OP tool should put a copy on your PC, or at least give the option to... If I'm remember correctly.

It only puts one on the PC
So I'm not sure which that is, either way I'm missing one of them to do a comparison

In the OP he advises to have access to a stock recovery before attempting.
I missed that part, so I messed up I think. The recovery on my PC must be the CW recovery Sad

At least the phone isn't bricked I suppose, I need to find someone with the same phone to get a stock recovery.
MT6572 UBIFS support now added to Khonshu's OP.
Does this mean i can flash a custom rom on my alps gt i 9500 mtk 6572 ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21