www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Build your own CWM recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HI there
I make scatter and then try to save rom-0 but when i press the read back button nothing happen both in turned off and on mode, also when i tried to enter recovery mode the android logo comes with ! sign,
what should i do, please help me
(2013-05-26, 05:42)aramic Wrote: [ -> ]HI there
I make scatter and then try to save rom-0 but when i press the read back button nothing happen both in turned off and on mode, also when i tried to enter recovery mode the android logo comes with ! sign,

Same for me. After selecting Readback I disconnect USB, switch off the phone, extract battery for some seconds, reconnect battery, and reconnect USB. Nothing happens. Sp Flash screen shows "Searching" forever. I wonder how any tool can find a USB device if the device is switched off...
[attachment=169]
(2013-05-27, 18:44)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]

Same for me. After selecting Readback I disconnect USB, switch off the phone, extract battery for some seconds, reconnect battery, and reconnect USB. Nothing happens. Sp Flash screen shows "Searching" forever. I wonder how any tool can find a USB device if the device is switched off...

try that wit the phne is on. i think that better
(2013-05-27, 21:58)yamado Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-27, 18:44)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]

Instructions explain clearly that phone must be off to run this procedure. In any case I have tryied also with it switched on with same result. Thank you anyway.
(2013-05-28, 22:29)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-27, 21:58)yamado Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-27, 18:44)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me. After selecting Readback I disconnect USB, switch off the phone, extract battery for some seconds, reconnect battery, and reconnect USB. Nothing happens. Sp Flash screen shows "Searching" forever. I wonder how any tool can find a USB device if the device is switched off...

Instructions explain clearly that phone must be off to run this procedure. In any case I have tryied also with it switched on with same result. Thank you anyway.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Did it!!
Basically main issue were MTK USB Drivers. I will prepare a tutorial based on my experience and place it here. Thanks to all people sharing in the web.
Hello,,
Phone needs to be off when connected to Sp flashtool so only the Preloader connects, that is what Sp Flashtool looks for. If phone is on when connected preloader will not pop up like it does when phone is off and then you connect. On some MT65xx devices it is necessary to press one of Vol buttons or Menu, or even camera button while connecting. Also, on some models (For example the "Note 2" N7100 MT6577) you also need to also remove battery before connecting or preloader will not connect as it should. If you need help or need me to explain in further detail feel free to ask!

Good luck, hope this helps someone! Thumbs Up
Just two quick questions:

1. Does this actually create a CWM (one that looks like it came from CWM).
2. Will it be in English?

Thanks.
(2013-06-11, 21:26)MayhemVC Wrote: [ -> ]Just two quick questions:

1. Does this actually create a CWM (one that looks like it came from CWM).
2. Will it be in English?

Thanks.

Yes. This creates a true CWM. It will be in English.
(2013-04-21, 00:30)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]The procedure in short is:
A. Read the ROM
B. Process the ROM and generate the recovery (should be automatic)
C. Flash the generated recovery

In a bit more details:
A. Read the ROM which includes these sub steps:
1. Create a scatter file for your phone with MTKDroidTools and leave MTKDroidTools open
2. Open SP Flash Tools and load the scatter file you just created

I get up to here and I get the following message:
"Error: Initializing scatter file failed. Please check the name of scatter file which you load is legal."

I'm using MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.4.6 and SP Flash Tools 3.1224.01

Any suggestions?

Update: So I've downloaded a scatter file and recovery.img sourced from another HX9299A owner and I got the same error message.

SOLVED (Sort of): This version of flash tools does not support MTK6589 scatter files.
(2013-06-12, 16:08)MayhemVC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-21, 00:30)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]The procedure in short is:
A. Read the ROM
B. Process the ROM and generate the recovery (should be automatic)
C. Flash the generated recovery

In a bit more details:
A. Read the ROM which includes these sub steps:
1. Create a scatter file for your phone with MTKDroidTools and leave MTKDroidTools open
2. Open SP Flash Tools and load the scatter file you just created

I get up to here and I get the following message:
"Error: Initializing scatter file failed. Please check the name of scatter file which you load is legal."

I'm using MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.4.6 and SP Flash Tools 3.1224.01

Any suggestions?

Update: So I've downloaded a scatter file and recovery.img sourced from another HX9299A owner and I got the same error message.

SOLVED (Sort of): This version of flash tools does not support MTK6589 scatter files.

Use version 3.1304.0.119 or higher, which support MTK6589.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7