www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Build your own CWM recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-11-30, 22:22)TrollFace369 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
So, my phone is a fake s4, GT i9500, MTK6589, I don't know if it helps but here's a photo from the shop: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
It has Android 4.2.2 ..
I had a lot of troubles trying to root it, because a lot of programs which you listed didn't work; eventually, [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] succeeded. I installed PdaNet on the phone and on the computer and the phone is recognized by it on the pc.
Finally, I put on the phone SuperSU (and I also have Kinguser after rooting). The root checker says it's correctly rooted. So...what's the problem? :'' My phone is correctly in debug mode.

in yr phone, under developer option, did u tick/check "usb debugging" ?
Hello, I have a BLU Life View phone, and if you are aware, this phone doesn't have an external sdcard. Now i do however have a special made USB stick that has regular usb on one side and micro on the other. Its an alternative that works while the phone is on. HOWEVER!! CWM does not mark it as sdcard0 which would be external. It gets marked as usbotg. I need to be able to mount this folder while in CWM Recovery and be able to flash from it as well. This is the only way that I can go about repart. the storage in my phone and then go back and install rom to the phone with no issues. How can I added this function to CWM? Thank you.
No one with Neken N6 is there to make a flashable CWM recovery? We need badly one. Thanks.
Finally managed to flash a CWMod recovery on my Star Z.Doxio S6 (Also known as HDC One Max S6) so if anyone needs it I can upload the scatter and recovery image file.
(2013-12-13, 23:40)WilYawn Wrote: [ -> ]Finally managed to flash a CWMod recovery on my Star Z.Doxio S6 (Also known as HDC One Max S6) so if anyone needs it I can upload the scatter and recovery image file.

Would be cool if you could send it to me, or upload it and post it in a thread.

I'm very curious about the Star Doxio S6. How do you like this phone? Can you do a short review?
Small review here: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

ClockworkMod & Scatter: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
my phone note2 clone N7100 shows "ATTENTION! Recovery doesn't suit this phone" on MTKDroidTool when "processing file ROM_from flash tool"

this is full ss from it.

It is created: C:\MtkDroidTools\backups\GT-N7100_130408_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_140111-002310\GT-N7100_130408__boot_patched_140111-002310.img
--- ATTENTION! Recovery doesn't suit this phone!
-- installation is skipped!
-- recovery.img ...it is copied
-- secro.img ...it is copied
-- misc ...it is copied
-- logo.bin ...it is copied
-- expdb ...it is copied
-- system.img ...it is copied
--- task is complete ---
--- task is complete ---

i can enter into cwm recovery mode, but can not make any backup/restore from there.
it shows "can not mount bla.. bla.. bla.."
is it any others way to successfully install cwm to my device?
(2013-10-24, 23:01)Alpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-24, 22:34)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks.

not too sure now.

if i can figure out , i will post it here again. at the mean time, wishing somebody else can help.

Thank you Steven for your help. I appreciate it. I wonder if I'm the only one to get that error ... or maybe it's MTK Droid Tools that requires some sort of update. Maybe my device is somehow different? And - quite frankly - at this point I don't want to take any chances to brick it. Flashing the recovery is a very risky action. And from what I can see, we are on unknown territory here. If I lose the boot it's game over.

Mike

This is just a quick update/progress report to say I was finally able to make it work. Something I had totally overlooked (to my ashame): in the USB connection options, my phone was set to "RECHARGE ONLY": therefore it wasn't detected by the computer. I switched to MTP and Bingo!!! the procedure went smoothly.

Now I have a nice CWM recovery ..... but the screen is upside down (but this is a totally different issue).
Mike
Hello sir my query is can we prepare cwm recovery manually with mtk droid tools from Rom boot and recovery img as I have bribed my mt-6577 so I don' t have cmw recovery on my fone but I have Rom backup in cwm form
There are two things I would like help with.

1) The CWM recovery comes with "MtkDroidTools", Is there a way to get a newer version of CWM recovery or do we always need a newer version of MtkDroidTools as well?

2) Is it possible to read the scatter file with the phone switched off / battery out? Currently the only way to read the scatter file is with the phone switched on and with developer settings->enable USB debugging.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7