www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Build your own CWM recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-06-11, 21:46)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-11, 21:26)MayhemVC Wrote: [ -> ]Just two quick questions:

1. Does this actually create a CWM (one that looks like it came from CWM).
2. Will it be in English?

Thanks.

Yes. This creates a true CWM. It will be in English.

This newly created CWM, the same as the default Recovery 3e? Does this containes extra options?
Is this procedure up-to-date with 2.4.8 MDRT?
i just wanna share what i've done.

for "size" to input value in readback SP flash tool, you can find in MTKdroid Tool as picture shown below.
[attachment=334]

and for trouble when readback SPflash tool, before you plug in back your phone, you have to press ctr+alt+T in SP Flash Tool window untill "(Runtime Trace Mode)" not shown as picture below.
[attachment=335]
then you may plug in again.

have a try and i hope it helps you guys.
[attachment=359]Hi, I have an MTK6589-based phone (5.8 Inch Kingzone i8750+/ATIV S MTK6589 Quad Core Android 4.2) and would like to create a CWM Recovery. However I wonder what are the chances to brick my phone? Is this a safe procedure? I already extracted the original Recovery.img and have the scatter file, but am unsure on the next steps: I don't know how to get "the length of ROM you want to read". I only know the begin address and end address. I don't want to make a mess.

Can anybody help?
Thanks
Mike
PROGRESS REPORT.

Ok. I was able to go as far as creating the ROM_0 file. Now back in MTK Droid Tools 2.4.8 when I hit Process File ROM_ from Flash Tools I get:
- preloader.bin - The signature isn't found!
- ERROR of a signature, ROM file is read from phone incorrectly!
- task end with ERROR

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Mike
[attachment=360]
THE END.

"Recovery doesn't suit this phone!"

So unless something escapes me I guess I'm out of options. End of the line.
[attachment=361]

Thanks to the .......... readers ...
(2013-10-23, 21:08)Alpa Wrote: [ -> ]PROGRESS REPORT.

Ok. I was able to go as far as creating the ROM_0 file. Now back in MTK Droid Tools 2.4.8 when I hit Process File ROM_ from Flash Tools I get:
- task end with ERROR

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Mike

i think u have to do it with the green box shown in the left bottom dialog box.

try ro hit the button "root", let it run for a while, if it change to green , then proceed to process the file, if not, u should see some wording shows on the right hand side of the dialog box, saying something like "root shell temperatelly permited", then disconnect the phone, then reconnect the phone, then u see the yellow box change to green box, then proceed to process.
(2013-10-23, 23:22)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-23, 21:08)Alpa Wrote: [ -> ]PROGRESS REPORT.

- task end with ERROR

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Mike

i think u have to do it with the green box shown in the left bottom dialog box.

try ro hit the button "root", let it run for a while, if it change to green , then proceed to process the file, if not, u should see some wording shows on the right hand side of the dialog box, saying something like "root shell temperatelly permited", then disconnect the phone, then reconnect the phone, then u see the yellow box change to green box, then proceed to process.

Thanks Steven, but I already had tried that trick.
[attachment=362]

Now just to dispel some confusion:

1. If I create a ROM_0 file by extracting ONLY the recovery.img portion from the rom, the result is what I posted at post #35.
2. If I create a ROM_0 file by extracting the WHOLE rom (with Flash Tools), I don't get the "preloader.bin - signature isn't found" message, but in the end the result is the one posted at post #36

Mike
(2013-10-23, 23:34)Alpa Wrote: [ -> ]Now just to dispel some confusion:

1. If I create a ROM_0 file by extracting ONLY the recovery.img portion from the rom, the result is what I posted at post #35.
2. If I create a ROM_0 file by extracting the WHOLE rom (with Flash Tools), I don't get the "preloader.bin - signature isn't found" message, but in the end the result is the one posted at post #36

Mike

I think the recovery.img is made up from the boot.img, u said u just extract the portion for recovery, that should be wrong. but when u extract the all ROM_0 , then it said the recovery is not suitable for the phone,

may be u could try

u can see there is a big button "Recovery n boot", I think this is a short cut button to create a CWM recovery.img
try to choose the option "to choose the boot.img" then hit the button "recovery and Boot", then choose yr boot.img from yr backup u made earlier

after that u should see two patch file, one is for boot , then the other is for recovery
(2013-10-24, 10:02)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-23, 23:34)Alpa Wrote: [ -> ]Now just to dispel some confusion:

Mike

I think the recovery.img is made up from the boot.img, u said u just extract the portion for recovery, that should be wrong. but when u extract the all ROM_0 , then it said the recovery is not suitable for the phone,

may be u could try

u can see there is a big button "Recovery n boot", I think this is a short cut button to create a CWM recovery.img
try to choose the option "to choose the boot.img" then hit the button "recovery and Boot", then choose yr boot.img from yr backup u made earlier

after that u should see two patch file, one is for boot , then the other is for recovery

Thanks Steven, I did as you advised. Unfortunately the outcome was the same as with building the whole ROM. See pic.
[attachment=363]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7