www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Build your own CWM recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-06-04, 01:10)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-28, 22:29)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-27, 21:58)yamado Wrote: [ -> ]try that wit the phne is on. i think that better

Instructions explain clearly that phone must be off to run this procedure. In any case I have tryied also with it switched on with same result. Thank you anyway.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Did it!!
Basically main issue were MTK USB Drivers. I will prepare a tutorial based on my experience and place it here. Thanks to all people sharing in the web.

This is what I figured (driver issue). Your tutorial is welcome.
Hi.
I'm just wondering how vital it is to disconnect the battery in regards to this step?
"pull out the battery for a few seconds and then put the battery back"

I'm currently awaiting a No1 P7 Mini Pad and as far as I know, removing the battery isn't a very feasible option.

Or does anyone already have a pre-made P7 Mini Pad Recovery?
Tried this method and I get an error when loading Scatter file...says error faile to initialize please check the your filename is legal...

Not sure why this is happening I am following steps to the T... Help is much appreciated...

Shae
(2013-04-28, 08:37)mailis Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to follow the steps, but at B2 I recieve the following message:

Code:
In system already available:  Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
--- ATTENTION!  Recovery doesn't suit this phone!

--- The preservation folder on the computer: D:\MTK_Droid_Tools_2.4.4\backups\M6589_130402_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_130428-023324\

--- scatter is write to the file:
D:\MTK_Droid_Tools_2.4.4\backups\M6589_130402_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_130428-023324\MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txtcopying is complete

[color=#FF0000]ATTENTION! [/color] File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!
After CWM Downloading in FlashTool, turn on phone only in the recovery mode! Press and retain volume-up with the Power button. The cable shall is connected to PC!

--- task is complete  ---
--- task is complete  ---
--- ATTENTION!  Recovery doesn't suit this phone!

This happens when I connect my phone both as normal as in recovery mode. Any thoughts?

ROM file was created successfully by SP Flash Tool? What start and size values did you define? What is the size of the ROM file created?

(2013-06-19, 04:01)digitalnom Wrote: [ -> ]Tried this method and I get an error when loading Scatter file...says error faile to initialize please check the your filename is legal...

Not sure why this is happening I am following steps to the T... Help is much appreciated...

Shae

Can you attach the scatter file you are using?
(2013-04-21, 00:30)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]3. Go to ReadBack Tab and Add a new entry - name it as you wish but leave the ROM_0 prefix - double tap the new entry and choose the length of ROM you want to read - to create the recovery it is enough to put the number of the partition right after the recovery (you can take that number from the scatter file you created) - Keep in mind the number must be in Hex - so when you copy it from the scatter file - make sure it's with the 0x prefix - something like 0x03d80000 for example.
4. Hit the Readback and disconnect your phone from the computer, shut it down, pull out the battery for a few seconds and then put the battery back - don't turn the phone on - just connect it to the usb - it should start the readback and eventually should finish with a green circle - if everything went good Smiling

When I hit the 'Readback' button it says 'Searching' but nothing happens.
I used the partition right after recover (0x033A0000).
(2013-06-19, 22:04)MayhemVC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-21, 00:30)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]3. Go to ReadBack Tab and Add a new entry - name it as you wish but leave the ROM_0 prefix - double tap the new entry and choose the length of ROM you want to read - to create the recovery it is enough to put the number of the partition right after the recovery (you can take that number from the scatter file you created) - Keep in mind the number must be in Hex - so when you copy it from the scatter file - make sure it's with the 0x prefix - something like 0x03d80000 for example.
4. Hit the Readback and disconnect your phone from the computer, shut it down, pull out the battery for a few seconds and then put the battery back - don't turn the phone on - just connect it to the usb - it should start the readback and eventually should finish with a green circle - if everything went good Smiling

When I hit the 'Readback' button it says 'Searching' but nothing happens.
I used the partition right after recover (0x033A0000).

This is a driver issue. Unplug phone from USB and use usbdeview tool to uninstall any android or adb driver you had previously in your computer (look for HTC, Android, adb, ...), then reboot and install MTK USB Drivers again. If drivers are installed correctly, you should see a Preloader device under "ports" in device manager when you connect your swithed OFF phone to USB. Otherwise drivers are not correct.
(2013-06-19, 22:11)rey69 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a driver issue. Unplug phone from USB and use usbdeview tool to uninstall any android or adb driver you had previously in your computer (look for HTC, Android, adb, ...), then reboot and install MTK USB Drivers again. If drivers are installed correctly, you should see a Preloader device under "ports" in device manager when you connect your swithed OFF phone to USB. Otherwise drivers are not correct.

Thanks man I will try again. Is it possible to do this directly with OSX?
I am currently doing this on WinXP via VMWare and I'm concerned that this might be causing me issues. I don't own a Windows PC.
(2013-06-19, 22:43)MayhemVC Wrote: [ -> ]...
Thanks man I will try again. Is it possible to do this directly with OSX?
I am currently doing this on WinXP via VMWare and I'm concerned that this might be causing me issues. I don't own a Windows PC.

I don't believe there are any drivers or flashing tools available for OS X so you'll have to do this on Windows.
VMWare can be quite troublesome to setup.
Easiest way to do this is to find/lend/use someone else's Windows pc for +-30 minutes and be done with it.
(2013-04-21, 00:30)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]The procedure in short is:
A. Read the ROM
B. Process the ROM and generate the recovery (should be automatic)
C. Flash the generated recovery

In a bit more details:
A. Read the ROM which includes these sub steps:
1. Create a scatter file for your phone with MTKDroidTools and leave MTKDroidTools open
2. Open SP Flash Tools and load the scatter file you just created
3. Go to ReadBack Tab and Add a new entry - name it as you wish but leave the ROM_0 prefix - double tap the new entry and choose the length of ROM you want to read - to create the recovery it is enough to put the number of the partition right after the recovery (you can take that number from the scatter file you created) - Keep in mind the number must be in Hex - so when you copy it from the scatter file - make sure it's with the 0x prefix - something like 0x03d80000 for example.

B. Process the ROM and generate the recovery (should be automatic):
1. Go back to your MTKDroidTools - which should still be open from before - and hit "Process ROM" and choose the one you just read from the SP Flash Tools.
2. If the reading was successful - you should see the partitions you read being copied - and you would be asked if to create CWM recovery automatically - answer YES Smiling
3. After this process has ended successfully - go into the backups folder inside the mtkdroidtools folder - and you should see the ROM partitions you read - including the original boot.img and recovery.img as well as the newly created patched_recovery.img and patched_boot.img

C. Flash the generated recovery:
1. Create a new folder and copy your original scatter file you created in step A1 and your patched_recovery.img into this new folder.
2. In the new folder you created, rename the patched_recovery.img to just recovery.img
3. Open SP Flash Tools, choose the scatter file you copied in the new folder and you should see that it also adds automatically the recovery (make sure it's the correct folder) - Make sure that ONLY recovery section is selected !!!!!!
- hit Download and disconnect your phone from the computer, shut it down, pull out the battery for a few seconds and then put the battery back - don't turn the phone on - just connect it to the usb - it should start the flashing of the recovery and upon successful flash - you will see the green circle ;)

As always, I did it on my own device and it worked - but I can't guarantee for any others - so use this method at your own risk !!!

i don't get patched recovery.but recovery with my device id lava iris 504q mtk6589
Thank you very much.... make my life easier...LubLub
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7