www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6589 3G Fix / multiple modem.img pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2013-10-30, 14:09)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Md,

This for people who may be having a problem maintaining their 3G connection. If it's on/off on/off, or if your internet pauses for long periods when switching between H and H+.

Hi There:

I am currently using UMI X2 Turbo with MT6589T-2GB Ram. I am struggling exactly. My 3G sim card inserted in Sim one. My operator giving H and H+ connection. But I noticed one thing network dropped very frequently. Even when I browse, network dropped very frequently. Sometime I noticed both sim's network down and come to the normal state after couple of minutes.

So, please let me know how can I overcome this issue. I am using UMI X2-MT6589T-2GB Version. My current android version is 4.2.1 and build number is: UMI X2 20131024-071530. If you have any specific solution for this phone model, please share with me. I will be very happy.

Thanks Much !!!
(2013-06-15, 03:12)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If you don't have CWM/TWRP (root required)
  • Install ES Explorer or use your favorite root browser
  • Enable root access (in ES Explorer > Menu > Root Explorer > Mount R/W > Select RW for '/' and '/system)
  • Copy modem.img to your SD
  • Navigate to /system/etc/firmware
  • Rename the original modem.img to modem.bak
  • Navigate to the new modem.img and copy
  • Navigate to /system/etc/firmware and paste
  • Make sure permissions show '-rw- r-- r--' (Directory list) or 'rw- r-- r--' (file properties)
  • Reboot

Hi Gizbeat,

Can you please let me know which one to use for UMI X2 (MT6589T) 2GB Ram version ?
Hi Gizbeat, first of all thank you for your work!
I have an Haipai I9389 with MTK6589 and 1 Gb RAM, my standard baseband version is V6.
I read that your pack is for V2, V7 and V8, but I tried.
V8 is the only one that I am able to install on my phone, in CWM mode my phone doesn't see V2 and V7 files on the external SD.

With V8 on the phone 3G connections seems better, but the band WCMDA-GSM-900 is still locked. WCMDA-GSM-900 is the band that operators use for indoor UMTS.
Do you know how to unlock?

Thx!!!
Bye.
(2013-11-12, 06:06)Dgg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gizbeat, first of all thank you for your work!
I have an Haipai I9389 with MTK6589 and 1 Gb RAM, my standard baseband version is V6.
V8 is the only one that I am able to install on my phone, in CWM mode my phone doesn't see V2 and V7 files on the external SD.

With V8 on the phone 3G connections seems better, but the band WCMDA-GSM-900 is still locked. WCMDA-GSM-900 is the band that operators use for indoor UMTS.

Thx!!!
Bye.

Try 123456789 for the unlock code
(2013-11-12, 06:06)Dgg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gizbeat, first of all thank you for your work!

Thx!!!
Bye.

99% of China phones don't have WCDMA 900. These won't help you unlock it.
I have an operator customized Hisense Mira II (EG980) with dual nwtork mode (CDMA/GSM)

the GSM Network is locked to EDGE only,

is it possible to unlock the 3G mode using this Modem.img ?

or is there any other way to do it?
Will there be anymore updates?
It's possible there may be some other modem.img out there, but I actually can't say changing your modem.img will make a huge difference unless you're specifically having a problem with the data stopping when going from H to H+.

When MTK6589 first came out there was a big problem with this and upgrading to a newer modem.img helped quite a few people out, but at this point the specific bug of H to H+ causing problems seems to mostly be ironed out in the newer phones. You're welcome to give these a try, just make sure you backup your original.
Just to update for u guys, T-Mobile is able to use the 1900 PCS. I'm able to get H+ on my phone. But is it possible to turn on a signal? Obviously that one can be turned off. Just had to switch back to this modem because of it. Can u turn on 1700 and 1700 aws? Thanks in advance
(2013-12-02, 13:22)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to update for u guys, T-Mobile is able to use the 1900 PCS. I'm able to get H+ on my phone. But is it possible to turn on a signal? Obviously that one can be turned off. Just had to switch back to this modem because of it. Can u turn on 1700 and 1700 aws? Thanks in advance

I'm not clear what you're saying here, are you saying you're connecting with 3G on T-Mobile. Very few MTK phones are compatible with 1900MHz WCDMA. Many are compatible with 850MHz which is what most AT&T currently run their 3G on. Though T-Mobile may lease some 850MHz in certain areas.

To answer the question, unfortunately you can't turn on 1700/2100AWS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10