www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Kitkat Style Rom Inew V3 Beta Preview (Root + CWM Touch) GG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2014-02-06, 00:49)GeekGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Hello soon there will be probably a Beta2 available for public in this version i worked alot on the battery and first test results give upto 8+ hours onscreen use using the stock charger, also trying to get the phone more stable because having some issues drained it accidently to 0% while doing the medium brightness test someone interrupted me forcing me to do other things so i forgot the phone and it went a bit unstable so it still needs some work Tongue

[Image: dwck82.png]
6+ hours on screen (brightness medium, wifi) from 100 to 15%

[Image: ojfciw.png]
8+ hours on screen (brightness low, wifi)

includes usage browsing the internet with wifi etc

This all looks good. One question though...

It appears to me (and i'm not a programmer at all) that one of the most battery consuming aspects of the system is the 'phone' itself, particularly when using data, etc.. Is there / do you know of any tweaks or modifications which coudl address this. I note fro myour screenshots that you have managed to get excellent battery life for use with wifi, etc - but also note that your phone 'radio' doesn't appear to be on or active.

Any ideas - for if this is solved I feel (bar the 88% bug - not sure if you addressed that), the whole battery issue would be cracked.

Thanks for your hard work. Not criticising, just asking the questions / making suggestions
(2014-02-06, 00:57)bay Wrote: [ -> ]This all looks good. One question though...

It appears to me (and i'm not a programmer at all)

i am Smiling and not just...

(2014-02-06, 00:57)bay Wrote: [ -> ]that one of the most battery consuming aspects of the system is the 'phone' itself, particularly when using data, etc.. Is there / do you know of any tweaks or modifications which coudl address this.

I had the phone enabled ( you can see that on top) but not called with it or received a call, also wifi enabled and used it for an half upto 1 hour or so

(2014-02-06, 00:57)bay Wrote: [ -> ]I note fro myour screenshots that you have managed to get excellent battery life for use with wifi, etc - but also note that your phone 'radio' doesn't appear to be on or active.

I think you dont understand the results completely, if you count all % together what will you get? ;) it is just a compared % usage not the time used

(2014-02-06, 00:57)bay Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas - for if this is solved I feel (bar the 88% bug - not sure if you addressed that), the whole battery issue would be cracked.

yes i did, that was not so difficult.. in fact im quite comfortable with this kind of things/issues but didnt mentioned yet i dont like to talk what im able to , for me results/reality is more important than just saying without any proof

(2014-02-06, 00:57)bay Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your hard work. Not criticising, just asking the questions / making suggestions

thanks Bay Smiling
OK. Makes sense. I only all ree lre phone radio as many battery stats app show the phone drain when 'on', as inready to ttransmit, not just when calls are made/recieved

On another tangent I have found some very positive results on the battery use with a change of launcher today. I've used mini launcher for a while but installed the Google experience launcher today. When combined with ds battery pro and screen filter, wrote what a difference!
Τhank you for your work.I am using the first beta rom and i am waiting to use the next one
Yes i noticed that some Battery apps also have issues :S (at least the ones i tried for xmpl Du, Gsam and few others) the looks are nice but have some shortcomings/bugs, same story as V3 in that sense a perfect match Big Grin (not)

(2014-02-06, 02:47)bay Wrote: [ -> ]When combined with ds battery pro and screen filter, wrote what a difference!

ps thx Chris Smiling
Great work GG! I'm sooo looking forward to trying your next version.
Hi,

Can you create a zip file to be flashed using the recovery? it will be much easier to flash compare to using the flash tool
thanks for your work geekgirl Smiling

the good results with battery are only from your not yet released second beta? I would try the first if it helps with battery issues, but I guess it doesn,t, ain't it so?

also I have checked your distribution and all the files look exactly the same as v104 except for system, could we just flash system on top of v104 to update?
(2014-02-06, 12:31)valkjr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Can you create a zip file to be flashed using the recovery? it will be much easier to flash compare to using the flash tool

ok no problem Smiling

(2014-02-07, 23:39)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for your work geekgirl Smiling

the good results with battery are only from your not yet released second beta? I would try the first if it helps with battery issues, but I guess it doesn,t, ain't it so?

First Beta is slightly optimized with battery issues compared to stock 104 the rest is gui, apps and few other changes, it was just more a daily snapshot taken from the total work, (so that everyone already could use it if they like) the snapshots taken with upto 6-9h onscreen time are first test results of Beta v2 where i am working alot on improvements, it will not only include static optimizations like v1 but also programming to efficiently control the hardware and os in realtime that i am writing for V3.

thx Guys for me its a challenge Smiling
Thanks geekgirl looking forward to it.

You also have a pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8