www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Kitkat Style Rom Inew V3 Beta Preview (Root + CWM Touch) GG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2014-02-09, 22:53)chris_koz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-09, 19:04)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think inew programmers are stupid, so if there were a software solution i am pretty sure they would have implemented it
i dont think also are stupid but something worse.Not only inew but every inew company in china.They think that we as consumers are stupid and they have right.They are masters to sell their products.We as consumers want to get a cheap and great phone.We believe that chinese companies will give us this great phone in great price because they love us... and then we see that some things are not the way they advertised we blame them because we are naive and believe them
Anyway i trust more indepedent developers than companies.For example htc said that hd2 couldnt work with wp7 and some people in other forums,made it possible.

Yes it often happens but not only in China..
for example i made modifications to expand the lifetime of a device with alot of fall out caused by non filtered fast switching, i was so happy and enthousiastic about the results but to my big suprise the company in study stage didnt accept my solution they said to me, great! but we are not going to implement it.. when i asked why they said, well.. because then we earn less money with it if it is solved, the (troubled) product was from external development factory and they just didnt mind or care any problems they only saw the money/work it generated. also growing up between development media in family as a child i experienced alot cases i can mention, for example before my eyes alot embedded HD mediaboxes that were throwned in a container because of just lack of good programmers just to save some money and the irritation of results coming from that and them and my dad and engineers calling me variable X The problem is that we buy directy from them, a factory product wich is often still in development untested and unfinished and hardly to get in stock, i mean in fact we are their beta testers, buying overseas right from the factory will always give unexpected problems, normally when you buy something in a normal shop it is more safe and finished, but we want to be the first to have it and also as cheap as possible, so you cannot really blame them but they are maybe forgetting that if they make a great product but lack in support it will never be a killer product if it stays more or less unfinished or some trouble products, but i guess they just dont care and design the next product as it is all going faster and faster, i mean within some months this phone is already old and they dont have signed any contracts with customer promising to give us years of support, they prefer (dont want to) compete with the big brands like samsung, sony, htc etc because they have alot of pr/advertising, this is more easy money and so they dont lose and just take a piece of the pie. but i am thinking please keep in mind to keep this thread a bit more on topic Tongue
(2014-02-09, 02:34)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-09, 00:23)cnganesh591 Wrote: [ -> ]Can we use a Kernel which is used in another mobile? Because i have used that kernel in my now "old" Android mobile and it was having a good battery backup results?

I wouldn't do that even in my dream. I somehow don't believe that kernel from one phone worked on another phone, and that it automagicaly resolved battery issues on its way? Are you absolutely sure in what you're saying? And to which kernel are you refering to when you say "that kernel"? You flashed V3's kernel on another phone (btw, which one?) and it worked?

Hi,

I what i am trying to say is My Earlier android mobile had a bad battery backup, but after few months from XDA i have got a new kernel for that phone and it has improved the battery backup.

I would just hoping for same thing for V3 also. :-)

I am sorry if i confused you

Thanks.
(2014-02-10, 00:05)cnganesh591 Wrote: [ -> ]I what i am trying to say is My Earlier android mobile had a bad battery backup, but after few months from other forums i have got a new kernel for that phone and it has improved the battery backup.

Now this sounds much better than your previous statement. Well, this is what GeekGirl is trying to do here. Fixing and patching stuff that others don't have the brains for and/or are careless in what they do, because of the reasons only known to the company itself. We also had a few kernel versions so far, but they unfortunately didn't address the battery problems (or at least not to the extent we wish for), but if you give this model few months too, maybe kernel or some other software component will be patched and fixed, so we would have an (even) better experience with it.
@geekgirl
I really want to succeed and fix the battery issue.Your fixed rom is my only hope to go back in the normal battery and put again my battery cover [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi geek girl, I can't offer any programing skills, I can't offer any advice... All I can offer is my thanks for the selfless act you are attempting, and my hope that you can and will succeed.
Sometimes (not always) the motivation of knowing that others appreciate you and your skills, can be enough to push you through.
P. S have you spoken with Inew to see if they would like to or be able to help? They seem fairly forward thinking and appear to give a sh1t about the phone unlike many Chinese manufacturers.
Once again I send my thanks and warm wishes to you.
Kindest regards shanos.
P.p.s if you need beta testers we are all here for you
@GeekGirl
I did some tests regarding charging issue (the phone if it stay connected on the changer start to discharging with the % stays at 100% causing a quick drop from 100% to 85% when you unplug it)
I find out that the charging is restarting after 2 hours of dropping and stays for about 40' at 4,2volts before it start to discharging again.
Also I figured out that the two hours of discharging became 1 hour and ten minutes when the alarm rung twice, so it means it start to re-charged NOT after a specific time of discharging, but probably in certain voltage level.
This is looks like a SW issue, what is your opinion???
If it is SW issue do you thing that is possible to be fixed easily???

Smiling Blush

(2014-02-10, 02:19)chris_koz Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thx yes i really hope i can help enough Chris!

(2014-02-10, 17:31)shanos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi geek girl, I can't offer any programing skills, I can't offer any advice... All I can offer is my thanks for the selfless act you are attempting, and my hope that you can and will succeed.
Sometimes (not always) the motivation of knowing that others appreciate you and your skills, can be enough to push you through.
P. S have you spoken with Inew to see if they would like to or be able to help? They seem fairly forward thinking and appear to give a sh1t about the phone unlike many Chinese manufacturers.
Once again I send my thanks and warm wishes to you.
Kindest regards shanos.
P.p.s if you need beta testers we are all here for you

Thx so much Shanos very nice/sweet Smiling

(2014-02-10, 23:01)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]@GeekGirl
I did some tests regarding charging issue (the phone if it stay connected on the changer start to discharging with the % stays at 100% causing a quick drop from 100% to 85% when you unplug it)

Hi Nickstar yes this is because when it reaches 100%, charge is dropped and starts to discharge already in the background but this is not updated anymore in % value
for some time when discharging

(2014-02-10, 23:01)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]I find out that the charging is restarting after 2 hours of dropping and stays for about 40' at 4,2volts before it start to discharging again.
Also I figured out that the two hours of discharging became 1 hour and ten minutes when the alarm rung twice, so it means it start to re-charged NOT after a specific time of discharging, but probably in certain voltage level.

Yes it starts to charge again if it reaches mv level not % or time

(2014-02-10, 23:01)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]This is looks like a SW issue, what is your opinion???
If it is SW issue do you thing that is possible to be fixed easily???

Yes theoreticly this can be fixed but first of all it is not just one thing to be taken care off and because of that it needs some time there are problems but also missing implementations like i sayed before, i would save time and frustration if had a direct product insight so it can be all done faster but unfortunatly i haven't (contacted them a week ago but heared nothing yet) so now it means more work analyzing from the outside using tools i wrote to make it a bit more easy to do more or less the same, anyway i think i do make quite some progress already found most important issues but need/prefer more control over it first so i cannot make the rom available already without enough tests/changes taken care of most things.
Hello Geekgirl,
I love your rom, but noticed some strange things.
When I first installed all was normal and I mean when I start a file manager my internal SD was first and external second and then a made a nandroid backup in TWRP and now when the phone is running my internal SD became SD 2 and the external became SD 0.
When I go in TWRP and I want install some thing from internal download it says emmc not mounted.
Could this be caused by TWRP ? can it Handel the New way of memory management from 1.0.4.
Have you maybe applied partition mod along the way? That also happend to me, but on a stock rom. I even prefer it that way, because I like to have all of my big files on external sd (like obb/data game files), so that way I don't have to use FolderMount in order to redirect files loading from internal to external sd card. Can't tell if it's a bug or a mod feature, but it came to me as a bonus Smiling

Regarding recovery, are you sure you have TWRP? Because GG's version have CWM recovery. So if you really have TWRP maybe the version you have installed is not fully comaptible with V3. It should handle the "new way of memory management" in 1.0.4, because you still have phone storage as before, but it's only merged with data partition. That doesn't change anything on recovery level and everything should be as before.
Thanks for the quick answer, no I did not use any mod, as the phone came it was original with 1.0.1 and I flash it with KitKat style rom I didn't have the problem until I made a nandroid backup in I wrote TWRP but it should be named as is it came with KitKat rom my mistake :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8