www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] My running review, thoughts, and opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello Wudda, how are you? My name is German, I'm new in this forum.
Thankyou for your review about T200C, it's very helpfull!
I really wish to buy this phone.

Please, could you verify the strength signal of the wifi? Because I heard about other models of THL (T100S) that they have problems with wifi, having poor signal.

Talking about the screen resolution. How do you see the definition quality of the screen, having 6" size and only 720 pixels resolution? I mean, if you can percieve worst quality comparing with a phone with 1080 pixels or smallest screen.

I saw in very many publications that it includes band 850 mhz both GSM and WCDMA, it's the frecuency I need.
Please, could you confirm it?

It's very good to hear that it isn't a heavy phone, thinking about it size.
Hey German! Welcome to China Phone Arena! Thanks for your post!

The wifi signal strength on the T200C is less than my previous phone, but still perfectly acceptable. I've not had any problems with it anywhere I went. At my desk at work, I previously had 5 bars of wifi ("excellent"), with this phone I have 4 bars of wifi ("good"). Using that as a measuring baseline, I'd say the wifi signal strength on this phone truly is about 80% as good as some of the best phones I've had. Not perfect, but nowhere near bad. I have no complaints.

I think the screen resolution on the THL T200C is fantastic. When my co-workers saw the phone, the display was the first thing they commented on. I'm certainly not disappointed. I suspect if I told the average idiot it was 1080, they would believe me. (Of course, I wouldn't do that. But just saying.) The pixel density of the display is somewhere around 245 pixels per inch (96 pixels per centimeter) according to specs, and 320 dpi according to Mobileuncle, so if you find any devices with a similar pixel density, you could get a feel for what this looks like. Honestly, I'm exceedingly happy with the display and couldn't ask for anything more.

I believe this covers 850 MHz in both GSM and WCDMA. Confirm at the following links:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Hope that's helpful!
Excellent Wudda!
Very helpful!

What about size, weight and shape? Is it confortable to handle?

In some places I read that it has 9 milimeters of thickness, in oders 9,4, and also 9,8.
Haved you take measurment of it thickness?

Well, no more questions, I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I need the word of someone who has the T200C.

Thankyou very much for your kindless!
I don't have calipers, so I can't measure thickness. Sorry, man. But you're looking at a difference of less than a single millimeter. Does it REALLY matter that much?

Comfort in the hand: it's as comfortable as you'd expect for such a large phone. I have puny little childlike hands and it seems to be fine for me. Weight is not an issue at all. My only real ergonomic issue with this phone is having it in my pocket when I'm wearing tight fit jeans and sitting down to drive. In that case, I'll sometimes take it out. The REAL solution here has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with not wearing tight jeans. Haha.

For the record, German, you're not disturbing me at all. I appreciate your inputs. We're all here for the discussion. I'm sure that the questions you have others have as well. Hopefully this answers at least some of them. Smiling
Random ramble on my Bluetooth problem. Just documenting what I have done in case anyone else on the web has a similar problem and can use my experience for reference (or if they find it and have a solution).

Again, the problem: Bluetooth pairs perfectly to car stereo. I can send audio to the car stereo through programs like Google Music, but when I make a phone call I cannot route call audio through the stereo. No matter what I do, it just defaults back to the handset.

I have tried re-pairing the phone using Pioneer's "Standard" and "Nokia" modes. Both result in the same issue. I have tried pairing from the stereo and pairing from the phone -- same issue. I tried an old app today called "Bluetooth Fix Repair" -- same issue.

I know MTK Engineering Mode has lots of parameters to mess with, but don't totally understand them yet. I found a lot of people have problems with the THL W8 having distorted audio over bluetooth issues, most of which seems to be solved in the Audio Enhancement for Bluetooth subsection of Engineering Mode.

I contacted Pioneer. They have not gotten back to me. I have very little hope they will from what I've read online.

Will be poking through XPosed Installer's GravityBox to tweak some other issues. Hopefully they fix the BT issue as well. Still fumbling around.

[/end ramble for now]
stuck at mumbai customs since 1st april..and dhl has been so slow in getting it cleared despite the charges they will take and all the paper work they asked me to submit...so just waiting for my t 200c to arrive,,the 64gb strontium card already arrived and am waiting for the mobile..

any update on the blue tooth issue? what are the new things u found out in the last one week?
did u order the second battery?
planning to order a flip case now..it will take 30dys to arrive by ordinary china post...
I'm sad to report that I've made almost no progress at all. I got sick and spent the past few days mostly in bed. Sorry to hear about the customs nonsense you appear to be going through. That's no fun.

I found one more small bug with my phone. Hopefully it does not affect yours. But my Messaging app (stock) seems to randomly create new threads when people reply. For instance, I'll text a friend in one message but when she replies it will sometimes come through in a separate thread altogether. I can reply to either thread and it will get through fine, it just caused a lot of disorganization on my end. Ultimately I ended up succumbing to Google's pressure and am now using Hangouts to handle my SMS and MMS.
get well son wudda..shall report back my thoughts and running reviews once i get mine...maybe sometime this week...
Thanks @mkh. I'm feeling considerably better today, and I'm going to attribute it solely to your well-wishes!

I haven't had a chance to install Xposed Installer Framework yet, but honestly I'm not too optimistic about getting the bluetooth thing resolved without flashing a new ROM. I suspect whatever the problem, it's likely at a lower level than I'm competent to tinker with. I'm still going to tinker, though. Smiling

I also noticed that my "OK Google" hotword for Google Now isn't working. The option is set in the settings to use it, but Google Now is somehow convinced not to let me do it. The prompt isn't there. This is going to be the new focus of my phone tweaking to see if I can figure out what's going on.

I hope your phone gets to you soon!! Have you heard any updates?
just received my thl T200...paid $15 customs and $5 DHL handling cost..(over above $27 DHL shipping)

just setting my contacts list now..via bluetooth from my nokia 5800 exp music!! a herculean task migrating to my first android!

my initial impressions of the phone
1 excellent screen resolution although only 720p on an 6 incher..people who looked at the screen are amazed it is a $250 phone!
2. Battery life on moderate use around 8 hours. have to charge at lease once a night.. even with light use wont last more than 14hrs.(i didnt buy 1080p version as i hoped this battery would be better)..maybe it will improve after a few charges.
2 was initially worried about 6 inch size but its fine to use..no problems..surprisingly light weight for a 6 incher..so its all the more comfortable
3 Call clarity clear and crisp
4 Ringer volume low even at maximum..how to increase it?..edit...ok done in engineering mode from 128 to 145..its better now!
5 camera front superb at 5mp..back 13mp is nice too.
6 GPS fixes fine..any suggestions for best GPS app with voice command?
7 wifi is slightly weaker but ok in same room.
8 inbuilt space..5.5GB for apps and additional 7.5GB phone storage
9 excellent buit quality..looks premium..back matte finish so no finger prints.
9 yet to test bluetooth or nfc or 64GB card..will get back about it in a couple of days..

drawback..no second battery..battery life seems weak even on the 720p.

shipped to me with version thlT200C.158E 20140213.JB9.HD.EN.COM.16P128_MT6592W_V1.03
had root done by etotalk..only DHL shipped to wrong city and made me wait for the customs paperwork and took a week!!

whats ur software version wudda?
my thlt200C does not have AGPS or EPO how do i get them on my phone??
planning to buy an additional battery from here..http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2500m...711664371.html not sure if its original?...any better battery yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8