www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] My running review, thoughts, and opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Congratulations on this thread, it is very useful to have real life impresions.
Phone reviews cannot see every aspect in 10 or 20 mins so this is real deal.
Hi wudda, I'm thinking of buying this phone, I currently have a star u9000. The THL looks excellent and your comments give this phone a thumbs up. My only question is what's the sound quality like? My star's sound is poor through both the speaker and the headphones!! Your advice would be most appreciated!! Thanks in advance
Hi Sallan990!

Do you have the Audio Enhancements in the sound profiles disabled? Having them enabled is a common cause for poor sound quality.

The speaker volume is alright. I don't use it much and don't expect much from it. It's a small integrated speaker I use for YouTube and such.

Through headphones, sound is fantastic. You may experience a problem if you're using a headset, but that can be remedied with a cheap adapter. I have another thread about that in the forum.

Glad to hear my review and comments have been helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Hi wudda, thank you my friend , you certainly know your stuff!! I've disabled sound enhancement and sound is much better!! Thanks for your reply and help, if I have anymore questions I will definitely be in touch!! Once again thanks and keep up the excellent work!!
Hooray! Happy to help, @sallan990 !
I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere that someone was asking me about how Waze worked on this phone. Regardless, I'll post a reply here.

I installed Waze around two weeks ago and have used it since. It works without any problems at all. It obtains a lock on GPS within a few seconds and does not skip around.
Hi wudda
Thanks for your excellent review of the thl t200 c!!! Before I treat myself to one I just have one question, have you had any issues with phone sometimes not reading files off memory card(ie music)? I have this problem on my star u9000 quiet often. I have to reboot phone every other day!! I cant wait to get my thl!! Thanks for all your help and answers wudda!! (I use a sandisc 34gb)
I haven't used the memory card extensively, but I have not had any problems with it. I have some apps installed to it and haven't noticed any erratic behavior or reading problems with it. Hopefully that means it's alright.

I use a Sandisk Ultra Class-10 32GB micro-SD card.

@mkh originally asked me a plethora of GPS questions a while ago. Originally, I had no problems at all. In case anyone is still concerned about this, I recently had a few problems over the weekend.

Waze seemed to drift my location around a little bit over the weekend. It would misplace me by a hundred feet or so, moving erratically throughout. During that time it would be perpetually recalculating my route. As I said before, it happened a few times over the weekend. The problem was very intermittent. Not sure the problem was rooted with the GPS or with Waze. I tried Google Maps and it didn't seem to have a problem, but that may have just been coincidence.

Overall, the GPS has done very well the majority of the time I've used it. I tested it again on my way home from work last night and it worked perfectly. If I have any problems in the future I'll let you know. Unfortunately, I don't typically rely on GPS too much so my testing hasn't been super thorough.

[EDIT 5/27/2014: After testing for a full week and over a hundred miles, I did not have any more problems with the GPS. Overall, I'm more than happy with the results. One other user mentioned a correlation between GPS problems and simultaneous phone charging. It may be the case. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ]

Any other T200C users care to weigh-in with their experiences?
my few sentence about this phone after using it about month or so ....
bought it ( price was about 230$) partly because of this thread so here is my contrubution Smiling

Build is very solid .... mostly plastic though.... or metal looking plastic Smiling has good grip .... for 6inch phone is not too big and not too heavy.... all in all no complain in that department ... there is really no build quality differences between thl and some top brands like samsung...atleast to nonexpert eye like mine Smiling

Screen is great indoors .... but outdoors on very sunny days need high brightness ... i'v made some paralel screen testing with note 2 and thl t200c ( both 720p).... and conclusion is : note 2 has better darker colors and thl better brighter colors .... note 2 has better visibility outdoor .... but thl can definately bear with famous amoled screen ..... i agree with some conclusions on this thread that there is no need for +50$ fhd option .... this screen is more than enough for average user

Battery life is pretty decent .... i had on average about 5h on screen .... but had some heavy gaming sessions .... so without that average woudl be probably over 6h ..... on normal use .... 3g always on ... wifi sometimes .... some browsing .... some gaming ... last comfortable 2 days .... 3d gaming about 3 hours ..... so seems like a decent battery ..... maybe to much heating when you play heavy games .... it goes over 45c sometimes ....

Camera is very good at normal light ..... with low light is ok .... in dark ....well not .... but not disastrous either ..... but didn't find any which is very good at dark ... so .... Smiling don't care much about that ....so i didn't tested much .... for my needs more then enough

Network , wifi , bt,gps,nfc,otg, everything worked as it should .... wifi avarage ... network excellent .... gps worked excellent ..... found sats in few seconds .... tried with some free navigation few ride around city ... no complain ....

It came with pretty vanilla stock software ....very fluid ..... not much settings options though....so i installed Apex launcher for more option .... and after some time exposed framework .... i'm using gravity box and ultimate navbar modules ..... so with that combo of apex gb and un .... now is pretty complete rom Smiling

So all in all for users who wants cheap big screen solution i think this is great choice .... honestly didn't found any weak spot on this phone .... some will maybe complain about pretty empty rom .... but on the other hand is very customizable because of that .... i'm giving it pretty clean overall 4 out of 5

i don't do reviews so i probably forgot something ... feel free to ask .... and sorry about unproffesional aproach Smiling
@Dtroon : EXCELLENT post! Thank you so much for your review!

Especially excellent that you gave us a get a side-by-side comparison with the Note 2. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in hearing about this phone from a point-of-reference they are familiar with.

Good call with the outdoor lighting. I haven't noticed the problem myself, but that's probably because I hardly use my phone outside. A very keen observation!

Thanks for testing NFC and OTG. I never use them for anything, so I've never tried. I'm sure others who are considering buying a T200C would be interested to know they work. Great coverage!

What is this Ultimate Navbar of which you speak? I didn't see it as a module for Xposed. Is it the same thing as the "Ultimate Dynamic Navbar" App?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8