www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] My running review, thoughts, and opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I used Open Mic+ by Rsen originally because my Google Now's hot word detection wasn't working. If yours works fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. Though I *do* like the idea of being able to fully voice command the phone without touching it at all.

Your AGPS is probably activated by default. To check (or activate):
Install MobileUncle and go to MTK EngineerMode (or access MTK EngineerMode by alternative means)
Scroll right until you get to "Location"
Click on "Location Based Service"

I haven't found EPO for this device, but I haven't needed it either.
have lasted nearly 23 hours after 100% charge and still got nearly 46% left...it was light usage throughout with phone not used for first 8 hrs after charge..power volume buttons unable to take screen shot..

my battery monitor says..on battery 22h 50mins..awake 5h42mins, screen on 3h 27 min wifi on 6h 03 mins..phone idle 19hrs22mins..google play services 1h30mins..android system 19mins..

64 gb strontium card works fine...

i got a workaround for my bluetooth car audio..i pair and allow music to play FM..when call comes i change source to aux in and take call on bluetooth with sound on the speakers!!
maybe wil buy an ear bluetooth in the future..
yet to test bluetooth streaming music from the phone to the car stereo..
@mkh: Just to be sure. Try a simultaneous press-and-hold of the power + vol_down button. I can't think of why it wouldn't work to screen shot.

Alternatively, GravityBox can add an option to your quick-settings menu, but others are bricking their THL phones trying to install Xposed Installer so I'm hesitant to recommend it to you.

Thanks for the update on the 64GB card!
Update with low GSam screenshot attached.

Had a handful of phone calls. 10 mins total. (Edit: I was mistaken. 2 minutes total. Ha.)
Probably 100ish texts.
Moderate web surfing.
3 minutes of games (Asphalt 8).
15 mins of streaming music over BT
30 mins of listening to music on headphones.
Several hours of me being asleep with the phone still clutched in my hands. Haha.
Interesting. You had 5 hours of kernel wake lock. That's possibly an hour onscreen juice lost there.

You using WiFi or SIM for internet?
Thanks for your help as always. I'm glad you saw that to be out of the ordinary as well.

I use 95 percent wifi. The wakelock concerns me too. Beyond that, my largest App usage is also wakelock (see photo). I'm guessing it's either one of three things:

(1) I'm using Open Mic+ which runs in the background, but is only supposed to be active when the screen is on.

(2) I fell asleep listening to a podcast last night. It only had 30 mins left to it, but I'm not sure what Pocket Casts does when it's not actively playing something.

(3) I have some extra security software running on my phone. Required to use my work's wifi.

I saw there was a wake lock detector app. There's a free version and a paid version. Installing free version now. Will report back.

Wakelock Detector App results are now also attached.

The three screens show (1) Wakelock Trigger Events , (2) Screen Wakelock, and (3) CPU Wakelock.

I'm not totally sure how to read this yet, but it looks like no matter what I'm going to freeze Google News and Weather from Titanium Backup since I don't use it at all. Beyond that, I may have to change how often FB syncs itself. Pocket Casts isn't an app I run very often, and as I stated above the on-time is probably because I fell asleep with it running last night. I don't think 11 minutes of use is anything to concern myself with.
Yea, that 5 hours of wake lock is a significant portion of lost juice.

It could just be a matter of rebooting the phone. See if it continues to do it after reboot.
had a second 15minute fast charge in 13 recharges....and it drained away in 12hrs..installed the gsam battery app..will get back with report in 24 hours.managed to get 36 hours with 14% left and then had recharged and got this fast charge from 14 to 100% in fifteen minutes flat!

powr and volume plus button does not take a screen shot..dont know why..any other way?

should i install wakelock app? wil it improve thebattery life?
Hey @mkh! I thought I replied to this from my phone a few days ago. Looks like the post never posted. Must have been user error.

Power + Volume MINUS. Not volume plus.

Your battery life (minus the fast-charge anomaly) sounds like it's pretty good! That's some great news. I'm glad it's working out.

There's no reason to install a Wakelock Monitor unless you have reason to believe your have additional wakelock keeping your device up. I'm still not sure what "System (wakelock)" in my apps refers to, but overall the 5 hours of wakelock Khonshu was referring to supposedly only used 0.0% of my battery, so it's hard to really say if it's a contributor or not.

If I'm not texting with my phone every few minutes, my phone will last me more than a day. It turns out I'm mostly just hyper-communicative (averaging over 6000 texts every month or so), so that does have its wear on my battery.

What are your current impressions of the phone? If someone today asked if you would recommend the T200C, what would you tell them?

Antutu. For kicks and giggles or in case anyone was wondering.
wonderful overall experience with this thl t 200c...this is the phone to buy for someone going for an android 6 incher with octacore processor and great camera..battery is good too..

i still cant take snapshot with power volume down...dont know how to?

3 dys gsam data...average per complete charge.. battery life 1d 12h (11h 41min active), screen on 6h 6 min (5h 2m max)..

how do u find out how many %battery is used by being help awake?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8