www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T200C] My running review, thoughts, and opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanks for this great review. Can you show a GSAM of your battery use? Moderate use over 14 hours tells us not much. How many actual onscreen hours are you getting, and what are you doing on your phone, are you using SIM data or WiFi mostly and general brightness level of your phone during usage.

No offense, but etotalk ripped you off. $10 for rooting and would have taken 5 seconds with framaroot.

in regards to AGPS and EPO, those should be on by default. You can access in engineering mode. THL recent ROMs don't have these settings in regular settings because probably don't want basic users messing with them. Hands i don't mean you. I just mean people in general.
@mkh: Dude! YOU GOT IT! YESSSS!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting your first Android -- and a 6" behemoth at that! I don't care what anyone says, having what you have now makes you more of a man. BOOYAH!

My software is as follows:
Baseband version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V21.P12, 2014/01/07 16:18
Kernel version: 3.4.39 Thu Feb 13 15:11:30 CST 2014
Build number: thl.T200C.158E.20140213.JB9.HD.EN.COM.16P128_MT6592W_V1.0.3

In regards to your battery, there's a fault with some phones where the battery looks like it charges crazy-super-fast. Like a full charge in a few minutes kind of fast. When that happens, the phone doesn't get a true full charge. I've seen my phone do that twice. Perhaps this happened to you, thus giving it a false sense of bad battery life. As @Sniper47 said, install GSam Battery Monitor and let us know what you're seeing there.

I have not bought a second battery yet. For now, this one appears to be working fine and I'm kind of hoping (with 5% chance of it happening) that a higher capacity battery for this phone is one day released. In the meantime, I just use an external battery on those days when I don't make it home at night to charge my phone. It works ok, but I one day sooner-or-later will be buying a secondary battery. I'm hoping that you too will get your battery woes figured out so a secondary battery becomes a luxury rather than a necessity.

For voice-navigation, I just use Google Maps launched from Google Now.

In regards to my Google Now's loss of the "OK Google" hotword detection, I found that using an app called "Open Mic" to be a fantastic workaround. Natively, Google Now only uses hotword detection when the app is open and active. Open Mic allows for hotword detection anytime. The Moto X phone specializes in leaping off of technology like this. I suspect that Open Mic + Tasker will really allow me to customize and behave in a very similar fashion. It's really opened a LOT of doors for voice command possibilities. Unfortunately, my biggest constraint these days is just time.

Secondary note. I installed Xposed Installer and Gravity Box Mod. No problems with that installation. I used Gravity Box to custom tweak some stuff to my liking. Unfortunately, it I found nothing in there which solved my BT issues.
Charging bug. phone just did it again. Thought I'd try to show you what it looked like. My phone was at 25 percent battery. I plugged it in. Five minutes later I looked and it was at 55 percent, with seven minutes remaining until a full charge.

Elapsed time between screenshots was approx 30 seconds. 3 percent battery increase in 30 seconds? Ha!

With a bad charge like this, you'd kind of expect to see shorter life behavior since the phone isn't truly fully charged. Make sure yours isn't doing this.
Hi Wudda, the % in the middle doesn't mean much. It's just an estimation. What mA is it reading just when the phone completes charging?

And please post a GSAM from full charge down to low % along with circumstances of the use.
Is there a current reading somewhere in GSam? I've never seen a mA reading anywhere unless you're referring to the charger itself.

To be clear. I'm not having any real battery issues. Mkh appears to be. I was just showing the wonky charging thing in case his phone was exhibiting those behaviors.

I'll snag a screenshot from GSam after a long day too. Just for everyone's reference. After having this phone for a few weeks my average screen on time is just under 4hrs.
Sorry, I meant voltage. Not mA. I was aware you were trying to help Mkh and weren't complaining Big Grin. I'm just curious.

4 hours isn't too bad, but it will depend on what normal use is and how long of a period it was over.
Above and beyond as always. Thanks Sniper.
thanks sniper and wudda..

yep it happened once this crazy fast charge...in fifteen minutes it went from 25% tp 100%..that was my second charge of the battery....none after that..anyways will install the GSAM app and get back..i use a single sim and wifi intermittently on and off with moderate phone calling...no gps usually..it wenr from 100% 4193mv to 24% 3715mv by around 11 hours of usage today.. awake time 5hrs 21 mins, screen on 3hrs 30 mins, wifi on 6hrs 19mins,...how do i take a screen shot on this phone? probably the battery is getting better after few cycles of charge...

etotalk charged me $ 5 for the root..i didnt want to mess around as i am new to android and as u noted this is my first android..i wanted a trouble free original product .it was unfortunate that i had to shell out $20 more as customs and handling.

i tried GPS once but no get any voice prompt despite not being muted?any idea why?
am unable to find EPO and AGPS in engineering mode..

i connected the phone to my rambotec bluetooth aux in car adapter..in aux in mode i am able to hear the calls on the car speaker and the opposite party hears my voice clearly...drawback is i cant put the car stereo on FM or USB and get the phone bluetooth to work while hearing music from FM! it cant stream phone call sound into car speaker whenthe music is playing on FM or USB..not sure how to get around this?...maybe i have to play fm and music from my phone itself?

am trying my 64GB strontium card tonigh and shall report back

ur honest opinions and comments are welcome..thanks guys.
mkh: on a first glance those battery stats don't seem too bad to me. Do you have your CPU in power saving mode? That's in the battery settings, as you can see from the screenshot above.

To take a screenshot, hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons. This is true of most Android devices.

For voice prompt, I use Google Now. Launch Google Now by swiping up from the very bottom of the screen. Use the hot word "OK Google" to initiate voice prompting. Then say, "Navigate to closest brothel" (or whatever it is you're looking for). Google Now should then interpret your command and launch the Navigation system appropriately.

For your car, because you're using an Aux kit it would make sense that it can't interrupt the stereo from doing what it's doing. I suspect you're right. The solution is to stream all music from your phone in the first place, be it FM, over data, or stored locally on your huge SD card.
thanks wudda..
yes the cpu is in power saving mode..navigations works great using google now..with voice prompt..ok google working fine!

did u install open mic+ by Rsen for mic when closed google now app?
not sure will need epo and AGPS..will that help? if so how to activate in engineering mode?

have just charged to 100% now...the phone is going to be idle next 8 hrs (its night here)..will then use it tomo the whole day and take a snap shot from battery settings and my 3cbattery monitor tomorrow evening..the battery seems to be getting better with a couple of days use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8