www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have done the /DATA enlarged! Thanks 4 all. Used "meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-optimized_for_8gb-16gb-en.apk" from the archive and TWRP recovery. Everything is well, то problrm. Now I have 5Gigs of /Data Smiling
___ I have UMI (VOTO) X2 2/32
(2013-09-28, 22:25)drakem92 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this on my 4gb mt6589 phone, it seemed to go all right until i rebooted the phone after wipe data. On first start it didn't boot, so i rebooted to recovery to try restoring my backup, and now comes the problem: "Error while restoring /system!"

What can i do??

after u partition yr rom, u have to flash a new rom,

Then u can restore yr backup previously u made.
( but I don't see the point for u to restore yr backup, if u restore yr backup by CWM, then it will be back to original partition u had before, that is why u had a restore error message)
(2013-09-30, 09:27)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-28, 22:25)drakem92 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this on my 4gb mt6589 phone, it seemed to go all right until i rebooted the phone after wipe data. On first start it didn't boot, so i rebooted to recovery to try restoring my backup, and now comes the problem: "Error while restoring /system!"

What can i do??

after u partition yr rom, u have to flash a new rom,

Then u can restore yr backup previously u made.
( but I don't see the point for u to restore yr backup, if u restore yr backup by CWM, then it will be back to original partition u had before, that is why u had a restore error message)

You're right for the restore, i should just restore my apps' data. But i didn't understood this point: "after u partition yr rom, u have to flash a new rom". How i should flash it? If i use sp flash tool the system returns to original partition. Anyway, i followed the guide on the first post, i didn't know there was other things to do...
When you flash with SP, deselect EBR and EBR2

You can also flash an SD update firmware if you have one.
(2013-09-30, 07:31)THDer Wrote: [ -> ]I have done the /DATA enlarged! Thanks 4 all. Used "meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-optimized_for_8gb-16gb-en.apk" from the archive and TWRP recovery. Everything is well, то problrm. Now I have 5Gigs of /Data Smiling

Hey, can you tell me what is the procedure you did on your UMI phone? I have tried the 5GB partition button and then went to recovery, did a factory reset/erase and then restored the data. After reboot the partition size is still same 1.5GB.

I have a 2GB RAM and 32GB internal space UMI X2 phone.
(2013-10-04, 16:33)bencyp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-30, 07:31)THDer Wrote: [ -> ]I have done the /DATA enlarged! Thanks 4 all. Used "meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-optimized_for_8gb-16gb-en.apk" from the archive and TWRP recovery. Everything is well, то problrm. Now I have 5Gigs of /Data Smiling

Hey, can you tell me what is the procedure you did on your UMI phone? I have tried the 5GB partition button and then went to recovery, did a factory reset/erase and then restored the data. After reboot the partition size is still same 1.5GB.

I have a 2GB RAM and 32GB internal space UMI X2 phone.

as i have posted in post#22

u don't do restore, if u do restore, then it will be back to original partition u had before.

after partition, u have to install a new rom, then u restore yr app n data by play store app( Titaniaum backup, or any other restore app).
doesnt work for me Sad i get an error msj while triyng to restore my backup in CWM menu such as;

error while restoring /system!

ı also tried to do this but useless..
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

can you explain step by step ? 10x much..
(2013-10-25, 10:16)skamber Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Okay i edited my own ERB files and did what i desire Smiling 10x much...
(2013-10-26, 01:56)skamber Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Okay i edited my own ERB files and did what i desire Smiling 10x much...That's one way to do it. Thanks for letting us know you got the issue fixed.

How about a short tutorial on the steps you made to do the changes. We'll post it as a sticky here to help other users in the future. Thumbs Up
Oh boy!

I tried this today and what a load of problems i got myself into!

Followed the guide to the letter and when i restarted my phone nothing happened! It was stuck on the iNew boot screen. Of course i got the same error when trying to restore my backup, Error restoring /system.

Tried a couple of different roms but all of them gave me just 1G B of internal memory. I had 5Gb before and now i seem not being able to increase it back to original.

Flashed the stock ROM for the i6000 from another post but it still gives me just 1GB and is of an earlier build than mine. Atm i'm downloading a presumably stock iNew i6000 2/32GB ROM (which i need!) I hope this will fix it. EDIT: This is an even earlier build so no joy!

Now to my question: If this doesn't solve the issue, how can i edit or create the necessary EBR files so i can specify my internal storage? I have searched a bit but can't seem to find anything related. The latter poster said he fixed his own EBR but didn't give any specifics....

EDIT:
To make it even more confusing: After flashing the stock image from iNew for the i6000 i get 1GB of app storage (whereas i had 5GB originaly) also this is a much older build than the one i have originaly. In this situation it's completely OK to restore my previous CWM backup. I still have 1GB of app storage but everything else is dandy...

I have tried to flash other builds also. When leaving out the EBR & EBR2 files i'm stuck at the boot screen but when using the included EBR-files everything is dandy but i'm back at 1GB of app storage.

Imho the partitioning app screws something up pretty badly for my model.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8