www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2013-12-07, 00:14)idbl_fanatic Wrote: [ -> ]Here is what I had to do with the BLU Life View/Agua Iceburg/Micromax Canvas Doodle 2

1: Copy ALL contents of the "SD card" to my PC
2: Install this app on the phone
3: Reboot into recovery, make backup of phone
4: Reboot phone, connect to PC, and copy the backup to the PC
5: Reboot into recovery, factory reset/wipe data
6: Boot phone
7: Connect to PC, copy ALL contents back to the "SD card"
8: Reboot into recovery, restore from backup
9: All is back to normal, except, now I have 3.94G Internal storage, and 9.83G Phone storage

I am having a similar spec'd phone(Spice Mi 535). Which apk did you install ??
Hi All

From the info(App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory) this only resize the data partition. Anyone has any idea if there is one that can resize the system partition.

Reason is that, i want a default list of application on the phone everytime i do a factory reset or restore from a backup. My system current is only 640mg(already use up 560mg), i am thinking of going for 1G system partition.

Thanks in advance
have just used this APK on my phone (Freelander i30, MTK6589) - internal storage has re-partitioned fine but now my external SD card won't mount. I can see it in CWM, but when I boot into Android it's not there and MobileUncle says it can't be mounted.

The card itself is ok - I can stick it into a card reader and see all the files on my PC.

any ideas?

EDIT - ok got it working. I'd selected 2.77G as the data partition size (4GB ROM on the phone) - when I reran the app and selected 2GB it mounted the SD card and the remaining internal partition fine. I'm guessing if there no space left for an internal partition then it can't mount the external card either.
hi,
i am new to this forum. I have a cube 9 Talk Tablet.
The Problem is that is has 1GB internal memory (/data) and 12GB "internal sd"
It has the Mediatek Chipset MT8389T
Can i use this tool do increase the "/data" partion? Is this tool (or why is it) bounded to the Mediatek MT6589?
Hi

I have an Alps Ipad (mtk 6589 device) with 8gb internal storage. like many of you i kept running out of space and wanted to repartition the storage. I successfully rooted but was unable to install cwm recovery. so instead i backed up the rom using mtk droid tools on my PC and prepared to reflash it with SP_Flash Tools.

My problem now is, after i chose the new partition - (5GB), i clicked on "reboot to recovery" which caused the problem as there's no recovery tool installed. Now my device seems to be in a "bootloop" trying to get into recovery mode. The display shows a flashing dead android bot.

Is there a way to unbrick the device?
Hello,
is possible to use this method to mtk6589t?
Changes this apk only ebr1 and ebr2, or also other files?
I have Xiaomi Hong, I have modified file vold.fstab and draped for external memory.
I wonder if this apk I can use and will not have problems with it?
Hi guys, I have a phone with the MT6582 chip. Is it possible to use this tutorial to repartition? Thanks Smiling
Any idea if this would work on a MT6582 as I would like to change my memory settings ?
Hi everyone,

I have had success with a Jiayu G4 Advanced, MTK6589T, 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM. I used to have 1.5GB internal storage for Apps but I have used meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-8gb-16gb-en.apk and selected the 4GB partition.

First I backed up my apps using the Android backup program onto my ext SD card. Then I ran the CWM backup onto my ext SD card.

I ran the metos apk and re-booted into CWM. I wiped the data/system restore then I restored my CWM backup from my ext SD card.

I rebooted fine and in System Setttings/storage I had 4GB of internal storage for apps. I had no more internal SD card showing but connected to my PC and the phone asked my to format the internal SD card which I did. I then found that some apps were installed so I have restored by Android backup from the ext SD card and everything is exactly as it was but with more internal storage space.

Seems too easy to me! All in it took 10 minutes to do.

Hope this helps someone else.
Nice app, I modified it to work on my DK C30, in it's current state it would have bricked my phone, so I redid the app, loaded my files in it. Will also modify the app to work on my JIAKE V8 when I get the phone.
Thanks for the app.

Here is what my DK C30 version looks like.

[Image: 2reh9cl.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8