www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Here is what I had to do with the BLU Life View/Agua Iceburg/Micromax Canvas Doodle 2

1: Copy ALL contents of the "SD card" to my PC
2: Install this app on the phone
3: Reboot into recovery, make backup of phone
4: Reboot phone, connect to PC, and copy the backup to the PC
5: Reboot into recovery, factory reset/wipe data
6: Boot phone
7: Connect to PC, copy ALL contents back to the "SD card"
8: Reboot into recovery, restore from backup
9: All is back to normal, except, now I have 3.94G Internal storage, and 9.83G Phone storage
There is repartiton tools for mtk 8389??

Already used this but my phone being brick.

My phone is speedup pad 7.85 it's same with yuando vido mini 3g, i think speedup rebranding of yuando.

Can anybody help me to repartition internal storage my phone?

Thanks before...
I have tested this on my Star N9599T using the meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-optimized_for_8gb-en.apk and select 4G partition it works.
I have completed the restore of stock rom.
First boot it was unable to use the "phone storage - left with 1.4G".
But second boot + factory default and all works. Now i nave 4.9G internal and 1.44G Phone storage.

Thanks ;)

Now my question, can i still use the customise rom (from needrom and elsewhere) that was working normally, before i change the partition??
If yes what is the steps that i must take care, so that i will not brick my phone and also maintain the new partition.
Hi,

Today I did this procedure on my CUBOT GT99.
as the instructions say, I do the following:
First, back up in recovery.
Second, installed application "meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-optimized_for_4gb-en".
3rd, chosen partition of 2.77GB in the process.
4th, reset in recovery, and wipe system as recommended in the procedure.
5th did restore and reset.
mobile phone is switched on and stuck to load forever.
I tried to restore with different back up that I have, but with each one is the same.
Also the same is happening to me on factory settings, without restore.
is there any help?? my phone is useless now..
(2013-06-24, 01:27)MaxP101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I have Micromax Canvas magnus A117 it is having Mt6589T. the above tutorial is not working on it. please help me.
Hello.Is there any way to re-partition an mtk6582 phone?
OK guys, after finished reading this thread several times, I feel confident to apply this mod onto my Neo N003 Premium, 2G/32G, MT6589T. Before execution of 8-16GB apk version, which I choose for 7.13GB, would it be succesfull without involving a PC? Mine has CWM recovery and stocks of 2 updates zip rom from Neo. Can I mount and format the new-sized phone storage right from recovery? If not, would this phone storage appear in the storage menu and available to mount and formatted by Android?
I need your help guys, since seems no body owning Neo N003 here and my pc just spoiled. Can't wait any longer, mine has only 1.7GB of data and useless 26.5GB of phone storage which could not located for any app except inserting external sd-card.
(2013-10-26, 01:56)skamber Wrote: [ -> ]Okay i edited my own ERB files and did what i desire Smiling 10x much...

could you please point to the informaition you used to edit the ERB files?

i used the apk (8-16 GB) on a fairphone FP1 (MK6589M) and it worked well. i have now 7GB /data and 6GB /storage/sdcard0.

but i would like to disable the FAT partition completely. i tried the spanish version (which was for the wrong chipset) because it had this option. but i ended up bricking my phone. i have reflashed the original ERB files and i'm back on track.

still, i would like to know how to increase the /data partition in order to have NO FAT partition left ...

best regards,
martin.
Hello guys! Just to let you know who owning Neo N003 Premium, I've just succeded repartitioning 32gb storage. Now my internal /data setup to be 6.29GB & phone storage setup to be 21.87GB.
Just followed what the apk said. Do Nandroid backup through CWM, backup phone storage, backup big apps with Titanium. Execute the app, I choosed the 6.13GB.
As your tutorial, formatted the emmc/fat via winxp.
Now my phone has a huge of /data. No need SD card anymore.

Thanks to everyone here and to Meteos, you are rock! You are the man!
OK guys, here's my newly partition after reparting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8